good news about drones
1342 16 2018-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nmac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

I tryed to post before but did not go through and it seemed i was not logged in and hope link is still good. With all the bad its good to see some good.

With much bad news and hate for them it is nice to see that a school in phoenix is teaching students to fly drones.

http://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/arizona-news/south-phoenix-school-teaching-sophomores-how-to-fly-a-drone

sorry but not even the wording i want,  all was saying that its good to see some good instead of bad news about drones. Schools teaching is a plus.

2018-12-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Do wonder how much hands on joystick flying will be done in future?  

Back in 2013, a X47-B drone landed by itself on aircraft carrier.  Then was launced from aircrafter for what was supposed to be another carrier landing.  The drone self detected a navigation computer anomaly, and diverted to airstrip to land.  In 2015, the X47-B completed a mid-air refueling.
2018-12-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to read.
2018-12-18
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

I was fortunate to attend this course a few years ago because it was local and it was free. NSW Drone Course

After online teaching and exams we went out and put it into practice what we had learned for a few days using the supplied Phantoms. There were 12 students per course.

The accreditation was counted towards a CASA commercial licence so it saved me a small fortune.
It's a pity there are not more such courses available as a lot of beginner and safety  problems would be alleviated.
2018-12-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nice one - thanks for sharing  
2018-12-19
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-18 23:02
Do wonder how much hands on joystick flying will be done in future?  

Back in 2013, a X47-B drone landed by itself on aircraft carrier.  Then was launced from aircrafter for what was supposed to be another carrier landing.  The drone self detected a navigation computer anomaly, and diverted to airstrip to land.  In 2015, the X47-B completed a mid-air refueling.

i bet that's why kids are learning more coding and drone use too.. probably  push for military and space stuff.  nasa has their remote operations stuff and their drones on other planets and always testing new things looking for new talent (not just nasa but other space agencies too!) and the military loves new technology and drones and military go together almost as well as guns and the military many many uses for drones without even mentioning their lethal use.  like having an eye on the battlefield before stepping foot into it, having a watchful eye while you kit up for shut eye having another vantage point and locating the enemy in the fog of battle,

now its just my theory which at-least makes sense.. probably some connection
2018-12-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Good find. Thanks for sharing
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day nmac. Thank you for sharing this great news that you have shared with us today. Thank you for your support and happy holidays.
2018-12-19
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Interesting news. Thanks for letting us know. Should be in every country imo
2018-12-19
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

HereForTheBeer Posted at 12-19 01:16
i bet that's why kids are learning more coding and drone use too.. probably  push for military and space stuff.  nasa has their remote operations stuff and their drones on other planets and always testing new things looking for new talent (not just nasa but other space agencies too!) and the military loves new technology and drones and military go together almost as well as guns and the military many many uses for drones without even mentioning their lethal use.  like having an eye on the battlefield before stepping foot into it, having a watchful eye while you kit up for shut eye having another vantage point and locating the enemy in the fog of battle,

now its just my theory which at-least makes sense.. probably some connection

If they were programming drones to fly from point A to B or a specified route, I could see it helping students with their futures.  Not so sure about how hands-on Joystick time is helping them.  Maybe as a career in military flying small reconnaissance drones.

When it comes to NASA, drones on planets or outer space, the pilot would need to be within say 5,000 miles of drones.  Otherwise transmission delays would make human control an issue.  Reason military has LEO Satellites vs. public's internet satellites setting 22,500 miles up.

Really believe students would be better served learning how to program & debug, writing man pages & mgmt reports, and filing expense reports & IRS 1040s...  
2018-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

M2Wair Posted at 12-19 07:51
Interesting news. Thanks for letting us know. Should be in every country imo

Here you go john, I met these guys at a drone show in the RDS Dublin.

Drone College in Denmark, oh to be 18 again.
https://www.sdu.dk/en/om_sdu/institutter_centre/sduuascenter

2018-12-19
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 12-19 10:26
Here you go john, I met these guys at a drone show in the RDS Dublin.

Drone College in Denmark, oh to be 18 again.

A Drone college could be a future necessity...... I wonder what plans the IAA have in the pipeline!

18 again lol that was a lifetime ago
How are you getting on with the Pocket! Miche got one and loves it, the slowmo is fabulous
2018-12-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

M2Wair Posted at 12-19 10:31
A Drone college could be a future necessity...... I wonder what plans the IAA have in the pipeline!

18 again lol that was a lifetime ago

Love the quality of both the product and footage, will get plenty of time to use over the holidays.

I have tried some Motionlapse and Timelapse and was really impressed with results.
2018-12-19
Use props
1px0ff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237238 ft
United States

Awesome! thanks for sharing.  I just moved to Phoenix a couple of weeks ago from Texas.  I am glad to know that there is some tolerance here for drone flying
2018-12-19
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Thanks for sharing!
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Thanks for sharing! Nice to read this news.
2018-12-20
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-19 10:20
If they were programming drones to fly from point A to B or a specified route, I could see it helping students with their futures.  Not so sure about how hands-on Joystick time is helping them.  Maybe as a career in military flying small reconnaissance drones.

When it comes to NASA, drones on planets or outer space, the pilot would need to be within say 5,000 miles of drones.  Otherwise transmission delays would make human control an issue.  Reason military has LEO Satellites vs. public's internet satellites setting 22,500 miles up.

yea its true... real life skills arent being taught in schools anymore.  
2018-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules