The FAQ of Osmo Pocket(Continually updated)
1234Next >
44744 159 2018-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

To make it easier for you all to learn the Osmo Pocket, DJI Support hereby summarized the FAQs in this thread. The questions in this thread will be continually updated as needed.

Also, if you have any questions, please feel free to comment below, we'll check and reply regularly, thank you!

Q: Does the Osmo Pocket supports AFS mode?
A: The firmware v1.4.0.20 adds focus mode switching toggle between AFC and AFS. We will continuously improve focus performance of Osmo Pocket through firmware updates.

Q: Is there a plan to add Pro Mode feature into the built-in screen of the Osmo Pocket?
A:
The Pro Mode has been added in the firmware v1.4.0.20. Please update the firmware in time to enjoy this feature.

Q: How do I change recording frame rate of Osmo Pocket to 24/25/48/50?
A: When the Osmo Pocket is connected to your phone, you can switch on the Pro Mode via Mimo app, then change the recording frame rate. The Pro Mode has been added in the firmware v1.4.0.20. Please update the firmware to enjoy this feature.

Q: Why does the audio track recorded by Osmo Pocket sound a bit tinny?
A: The Osmo Pocket uses its dual microphones, one below the built-in screen and one at the bottom of the product, to pick up audio signal. When you’re capturing video, please make sure these two microphones are not blocked or covered. Also, make sure the built-in screen faces you when you’re using the Osmo Pocket.

Q: I can feel the Osmo Pocket heating up when I’m using it, why?
A: The Osmo Pocket is capable of recording 4K60 video at 100Mbps, the actual file size of a one minute clip could reach 700MB. Such huge amount of data is processed by Osmo Pocket in real time hence heat is an inevitable issue. This is also true for other electronic products. To ensure system stability, we designed a T-shape heat dissipation system to continuously carry the heat generated to the part where the gimbal connects to the Osmo Pocket. According to our tests, the surface temperature will maintain in a proper temperature range.

Q: How long will the battery last while recording?
A: When not connected to any of its accessories and smartphone, Osmo Pocket can record 1080P30 video for approximately 140 minutes (at room temperature). Using higher frame rate, resolution, connecting to accessories and smartphone, and increasing the brightness of the built-in screen will shorten runtime. Temperature will also affect battery life. You can also charge the Osmo Pocket with 5V2A input while using it.

Q: How come the Osmo Pocket keeps charging my phone when connected?
A: According to AOA protocol of Android, Osmo Pocket must provide 5V 500mA power to the Android device when connected. This will result in reduced battery runtime, however, the Osmo Pocket allows you to charge it when it’s turned on. Adding an optional Wireless Module can also prevent the reverse charging from happening while not compromising advanced control and features.

Q: What SD card should I use with the Osmo Pocket?
A: The Osmo Pocket renders high quality 4K60 video and up to 12mp stills, so a minimum write speed of 20MB/s is required. And we recommend using micro SD cards with a write speed of 30MB/s or higher. You could see the micro SD cards we tested via the link: https://store.dji.com/cn/categor ... ?from=menu_products

Q: What’s the minimum focus distance of the Osmo Pocket? Can I take some close-up shots with it?
A: When in Photo Mode, the minimum focus distance is 10cm (approx. 3.9 inches). When in Video Mode, the minimum focus distance is 20cm (approx. 7.9 inches).

Q: How do I make sure the images and videos captured are in focus?
A: Osmo Pocket uses face detection to actively focus onto faces within the frame. By default, the Osmo Pocket will continuously focus onto subject in the center, but you can also manually select the focus subject by tapping the built-in screen.

Q: When will I have My Store Mode and D-Cinelike?
A: Story Mode has been added in DJI Mimo app v1.0.4 and D-Cinelike is now available in firmware v1.4.0.20. Please update the app and firmware to use these features.

Q: How do I properly hold the Osmo Pocket when it’s connected to my phone?
A: To securely hold the Osmo Pocket and your phone, we strongly recommend holding the devices with both hands.

Q: Will the smartphone adapter damage my phone’s data port?
A: The smartphone adapter of Osmo Pocket is engineered to enhance connection rigidity and data transfer so you don’t need to worry too much while using the device in normal conditions. We advise you to slide the smartphone adapter horizontally when connecting and disconnecting. Please do not twist, bend or spin the Osmo Pocket and your phone while they are connected and always hold them with both hands. To minimize damage caused when dropped, the smartphone adapter will disassemble to keep the phone’s data port protected. We plan to release and ship the smartphone adapters as optional accessory soon.

Q: Do I need to store the Osmo Pocket back into the carrying case all the time?
A: Mechanical gimbal is a precision instrument which is delicate compared to ordinary electronic products. The carrying case is a must-have item to properly protect the gimbal. You can refer to Quick Start Guide document for guidance.

Q: Is it possible to import the 4K video clip shot on Osmo Pocket to my phone for further editing?
A: Currently you could import 4K 24/25/30fps video to your iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max. As for Android devices, you may see a pop-up message about video play back compatibility. But you can still import the video.
Thank you for your support.

2018-12-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2018-12-18
Use props
dronie1965
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Afc still keeps pumping. Footage useless
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dronie1965 Posted at 12-19 00:27
Afc still keeps pumping. Footage useless

Hi dronie1965, thanks so much for your feedback. The AFC issue has been forwarded to our engineers and they will keep optimizing the experience in the future. Appreciate your support and patience.
2018-12-19
Use props
MichealMedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179026 ft

Nice move! Thank you!
2018-12-19
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

When will the accessories be available in the store!
2018-12-19
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

thanks - can you add this please

https://forum.dji.com/thread-175151-1-1.html
2018-12-19
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Good to know, thanks!
2018-12-19
Use props
djiuser_tTQVCmy2q4Wh
New
United States

Where can I buy a tri pod mount for this camera? Love it but need a tri pod mount?Osmo Pocket Camera
2018-12-19
Use props
djiuser_sx50T3csduaB
New

United States

When will I get my OSMO pocket if ordered on 12/17? Before Christmas?
2018-12-19
Use props
Luca Rubino
lvl.4
Flight distance : 711512 ft
  • >>>
Italy

djiuser_tTQVCmy2q4Wh Posted at 12-19 11:06
Where can I buy a tri pod mount for this camera? Love it but need a tri pod mount?Osmo Pocket Camera

You may be interested in this gear: https://www.pgy-tech.com/18c-holder
2018-12-19
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice idea.  Thanks.  Suggest you add this as a link in the Tutorial Section of this Forum
2018-12-19
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

I really liked doing hyperlapses with my Osmo Mobile. I hope this will be available in an update.
2018-12-19
Use props
hashiko
lvl.2
United States

Please please please make the beeping on start recording and end recording defeatable. Using the product in a quiet setting is impossible and defeats the descrete nature of such a promising product. The beeps draw too much attention, ruin candid moments and scares off animals, etc.
2018-12-19
Use props
rCkxMapY3Y8X
lvl.2
Canada

Just received my osmo pocket today 12/19/18, when turned on, panning to left makes a click sound On left panning only. Anybody else have this issue? Also updated to the  latest firmware.
2018-12-19
Use props
GeorgeGreek
Second Officer
Flight distance : 636050 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Thanks for the faqs!
2018-12-20
Use props
Mikail Sim
New
Singapore

Any kind souls out there to advise which mode to use for taking ground or Low footage while walking ?
And which mode is the best ?
2018-12-20
Use props
rCkxMapY3Y8X
lvl.2
Canada

Mikail Sim Posted at 12-20 00:53
Any kind souls out there to advise which mode to use for taking ground or Low footage while walking ?
And which mode is the best ?

Just hold osmo pocket upside down. Works great.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

M2Wair Posted at 12-19 03:43
When will the accessories be available in the store!

Hi M2Wair, we do not have the estimated date of the accessories for now. Sorry about this. You may keep an eye on our website or subscribe to the stock reminder, thank you!
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

trica de Posted at 12-19 05:15
thanks - can you add this please

https://forum.dji.com/thread-175151-1-1.html

I've replied you in that post, please kindly check later, thank you!
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, there are three methods to connect the tripod:
1. Use the Osmo Pocket Wireless Module as a flat base.
2. Attach Osmo Pocket to the Extension Rod, which has a 1/4" tripod mount to which you can attach a third-party tripod or base.
3.  Attach Osmo Pocket to the Accessory Mount, which is capable of connecting to a tripod.
But we have not received any news the tripod for now, sorry about this. Hope it helps.
2018-12-20
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 12-20 02:53
I've replied you in that post, please kindly check later, thank you!

many thanks for this!
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_sx50T3csduaB Posted at 12-19 12:34
When will I get my OSMO pocket if ordered on 12/17? Before Christmas?

Hi there, could you provide us with your order number? We'd like to check the current status and see whether we can help.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

WebParrot Posted at 12-19 14:56
Nice idea.  Thanks.  Suggest you add this as a link in the Tutorial Section of this Forum

Hi WebParrot, thanks for your suggestion. I'll forward to the team for review.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

hashiko Posted at 12-19 22:26
Please please please make the beeping on start recording and end recording defeatable. Using the product in a quiet setting is impossible and defeats the descrete nature of such a promising product. The beeps draw too much attention, ruin candid moments and scares off animals, etc.

Hello hashiko, sorry for the inconvenience. I'll forward this to our engineers for review.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rCkxMapY3Y8X Posted at 12-19 22:37
Just received my osmo pocket today 12/19/18, when turned on, panning to left makes a click sound On left panning only. Anybody else have this issue? Also updated to the  latest firmware.

Hi there, may I have a short video of your operation? We'd like to check the exact status.
2018-12-20
Use props
nisekorunner
lvl.1

Japan

Can't activate my brand new Osmo. This is rubbish... just keeps staying on the activation screen, never activates. Have tried with/without SD card, restarted etc. Help.
2018-12-20
Use props
BIG31
New

France

Ceci est très bien mais le problème de la batterie qui n'est pas interchangeable reste un GROS problème car parfois les batteries lâchent et dans ce cas le produit est bon à jeter.
2018-12-20
Use props
BIG31
New

France

English translation, my message in French is incomprehensible:

What happens when the battery is dead? the pocket is to throw? thank you

2018-12-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Thank you for these updates. They are much appreciated. Particularly part 4. Useful to know.
Could you also please look at my post here and see if any of your stock Osmo Pockets behave in a similar fashion and if this is normal gimbal behavior.
I'm wondering if a part of the update didn't load as I see there are various components to the update and that the gimbal control is one of many parts that can be updated separately.
Thank you for the effort you are putting into replying to our queries.
2018-12-20
Use props
djiuser_ShKw2Tjsnqtz
lvl.1
United States

Will you be adding face/active tracking for 4k 60fps?
2018-12-20
Use props
djiuser_ShKw2Tjsnqtz
lvl.1
United States

Will you be supporting 2.7k recording as well?
2018-12-20
Use props
rCkxMapY3Y8X
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 12-20 03:23
Hi there, may I have a short video of your operation? We'd like to check the exact status.

https://youtu.be/f-s0wVNRrt0
2018-12-20
Use props
aznrage
lvl.1
United States

Can I use a usb-c to hdmi cable to output photos and videos straight to a tv?
2018-12-20
Use props
Sayhelloforme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8133219 ft
United States

Great info thanks. I want one soon.
2018-12-20
Use props
fanseb96bbe7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5653 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don’t see the recharging case listed anywhere. I’d like to be contacted when this accessory is available. Thanks.
2018-12-20
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

Q: How do I change recording frame rate of Osmo Pocket to 24/25/48/50?
A: When Osmo Pocket is connected to your phone, you can switch on the Pro Mode via Mimo app, then change the recording frame rate. Starting from January, we plan to progressively release firmware updates to bring these frame rate settings to the built-in screen of the Osmo Pocket.

YES good stuff!
2018-12-20
Use props
fans3d7e7463
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1339793 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you have access to a 3D printer, you can get tripod mount design from thingiverse.com.
2018-12-20
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

DJI Susan Posted at 12-20 02:47
Hi M2Wair, we do not have the estimated date of the accessories for now. Sorry about this. You may keep an eye on our website or subscribe to the stock reminder, thank you!

Many of the "aftermarket" accessory manufacturers seem to be predicting "the end of December" as their shipping date. My guess, since I presume DJI has outsourced many accessories, "end of December" might be a good guess.

We can hope!
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

trica de Posted at 12-20 03:04
many thanks for this!
You are welcome. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-12-21
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules