The FAQ of Osmo Pocket(Continually updated)
1234Next >
44734 159 2018-12-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

nisekorunner Posted at 12-20 07:58
Can't activate my brand new Osmo. This is rubbish... just keeps staying on the activation screen, never activates. Have tried with/without SD card, restarted etc. Help.

Hi there, I've read your comment on another post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=175110
Please keep us updated there for better follow-up, thank you!
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BIG31 Posted at 12-20 09:08
English translation, my message in French is incomprehensible:

What happens when the battery is dead? the pocket is to throw? thank you

Hi BIG31, the warranty of the battery is 6 months, and you may refer to the battery maintenance here: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ety%20Guidelines%20(mul).pdf
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-20 09:11
Thank you for these updates. They are much appreciated. Particularly part 4. Useful to know.
Could you also please look at my post here and see if any of your stock Osmo Pockets behave in a similar fashion and if this is normal gimbal behavior.
I'm wondering if a part of the update didn't load as I see there are various components to the update and that the gimbal control is one of many parts that can be updated separately.

Hi Ray-CubeAce, I've read your post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-175278-1-2.html Please kindly keep us updated there for better follow-up, thank you!
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_ShKw2Tjsnqtz Posted at 12-20 11:20
Will you be adding face/active tracking for 4k 60fps?

Sir, we have not received this news for now. If there is anything new, we'll release on our website. Appreciate your support and attention.
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Received with thanks! Please kindly send the unit in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support And offer us the case number once you got it, we'll keep following up.
2018-12-21
Use props
fansec02294f
lvl.1

United States

FYI,
So my Osmo Pocket died last night. I’ve used it about 5 times since I got it. Last night I went to charge it while it was off, I went to attempt to turn it on after a few minutes plugged in and now it’s completely dead. No response from the power button at all. Lights don’t show any indicator of it on at all. Battery was at 82% when I went to recharge it. My charging source was off of my computers usb which has an output of 1amp(recommended 5v/2amp). This maybe one of the bugs the osmo pocket will encounter for many others!
2018-12-21
Use props
fans5aba77e8
New
Singapore

My Osmo Pocket does not turn on when pressing the on button. The red light blinks but nothing happens. Holding on to the On button and nothing happens. When USB C is plugged in, the indicator light flash green but nothing else happens. The screen just don't turn on. Help!
2018-12-21
Use props
fans5aba77e8
New
Singapore

Just realised it ran out of batt. The screen came on after charging. Thanks.
2018-12-21
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
lvl.4

United Kingdom

DJI Susan Posted at 12-21 04:30
Hi Ray-CubeAce, I've read your post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-175278-1-2.html Please kindly keep us updated there for better follow-up, thank you!

I will do as soon as I can use my pocket. I don't get to play with mine until the 25th unfortunately :-)
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

aznrage Posted at 12-20 16:00
Can I use a usb-c to hdmi cable to output photos and videos straight to a tv?

Hi aznrage, we're sorry that this is not available for now.
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fanseb96bbe7 Posted at 12-20 20:37
I don’t see the recharging case listed anywhere. I’d like to be contacted when this accessory is available. Thanks.

Hi there, the charging case is not available now. You may pay attention to the DJI online store and we'll release as soon as it is ready.
2018-12-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Curt1591 Posted at 12-20 23:32
Many of the "aftermarket" accessory manufacturers seem to be predicting "the end of December" as their shipping date. My guess, since I presume DJI has outsourced many accessories, "end of December" might be a good guess.

We can hope!

Hi Curt, thanks for your attention. We'll release on our website as long as more accessories are available.
2018-12-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansec02294f Posted at 12-21 09:43
FYI,
So my Osmo Pocket died last night. I’ve used it about 5 times since I got it. Last night I went to charge it while it was off, I went to attempt to turn it on after a few minutes plugged in and now it’s completely dead. No response from the power button at all. Lights don’t show any indicator of it on at all. Battery was at 82% when I went to recharge it. My charging source was off of my computers usb which has an output of 1amp(recommended 5v/2amp). This maybe one of the bugs the osmo pocket will encounter for many others!

Sorry for the troubles. Just to verify, do you use the original charger to charge the Osmo Pocket? If yes, please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-12-22
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans5aba77e8 Posted at 12-21 11:42
Just realised it ran out of batt. The screen came on after charging. Thanks.

Glad to hear it works now. Wish you have a nice weekend!
2018-12-22
Use props
fansec02294f
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-22 00:37
Sorry for the troubles. Just to verify, do you use the original charger to charge the Osmo Pocket? If yes, please kindly start a case and send it in from here: https://www.dji.com/support

Yes, I used the supplied charging wire it came with. No need to contact you guys, Best Buy did an even exchange and I have a new one now. But what you can do is address my issue to your tech support to help all new owners if this is going to be a common problem. With the battery being sealed in the device, I’m sure my osmo short circuited like a fuse. I hope you guys will honor repairs if this is a serious bug issue.
2018-12-22
Use props
fans09710156
New
Italy

Why in my app (iphone 8plus) i can’t see the Story mode showed in your videos?
2018-12-22
Use props
livewebtutorau
New

India

Many of the "aftermarket" accessory manufacturers seem to be predicting "the end of December" as their shipping date. My guess, since I presume DJI has outsourced many accessories, "end of December" might be a good guess.  
2018-12-22
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Received my new Pocket OSMO today, so this evening I sat down and connected my mini iPad to it.  Did the registration, downloaded the updates and installed it and was off and running.  Peace of cake.  Thanks DJI, for making this pretty much painless.  Figuring out how it works is another story.  lol
2018-12-22
Use props
Xlear99
lvl.2
United States

I got the Pocket and know most of the settings but for some reason I can't find the setting to change the Date and Time as the unit shows wrong time. Anyone can help me as I didn't see it in the user guide. Thanks.
2018-12-22
Use props
Xlear99
lvl.2
United States

I got the Pocket and know most of the settings but for some reason I can't find the setting to change the Date and Time as the unit shows wrong time. Anyone can help me as I didn't see it in the user guide. Thanks.
2018-12-22
Use props
Mursal
New
United States

My dji pocket says “unauthorized device with no serial number” I don’t know what that means. I can’t even use the pocket, I tried turning it off and on, it still doesn’t work
2018-12-23
Use props
djiuser_OPB6znBqus4M
New
Flight distance : 1473 ft
Italy

I am having this problems with the Osmo Pocket:
When I use video mode with Android mobile connected, there is no video mode that will not prompt error on trying to activate the face tracking on selfie mode or normal video mode. It always says that the tracking is not available for this video mode (I tried 4k 60 and 30fps...and 1080p).

I also find incredible to launch a product like this, hyping for the Story mode.....and at the moment there is no possibility to have Story mode on the app!!!
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansec02294f Posted at 12-22 03:37
Yes, I used the supplied charging wire it came with. No need to contact you guys, Best Buy did an even exchange and I have a new one now. But what you can do is address my issue to your tech support to help all new owners if this is going to be a common problem. With the battery being sealed in the device, I’m sure my osmo short circuited like a fuse. I hope you guys will honor repairs if this is a serious bug issue.

Thanks for your feedback. We're keeping collecting the information and check the exact status. We'll keep learning and offering a better experience for our valued customer. Wish you have a good time!
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fans09710156 Posted at 12-22 04:18
Why in my app (iphone 8plus) i can’t see the Story mode showed in your videos?

Hi there, the story mode will be available soon in a future app update. We'll release on our website as soon as it is ready. More details, you may visit this link: https://www.dji.com/osmo-pocket?site=brandsite&from=nav
X.png
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Xlear99 Posted at 12-22 17:23

Hi Xlear99, could you upload some screenshot or sample for better assistance?
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mursal Posted at 12-23 04:57
My dji pocket says “unauthorized device with no serial number” I don’t know what that means. I can’t even use the pocket, I tried turning it off and on, it still doesn’t work

Hi Mursal, may I have the screenshot of the error message and the SN? We'd like to check the exact status.
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_OPB6znBqus4M Posted at 12-23 05:31
I am having this problems with the Osmo Pocket:
When I use video mode with Android mobile connected, there is no video mode that will not prompt error on trying to activate the face tracking on selfie mode or normal video mode. It always says that the tracking is not available for this video mode (I tried 4k 60 and 30fps...and 1080p).

Sorry for the inconvenience. Currently, the ActiveTrack is not available in PFV mode and Video Mode with 4K 60 fps. As for the 4K 30 fps and 1080P, may I have a short video of your operation? We'd like to check the exact status.

For the Story mode, it will be available in the future update, we sincerely apologize for the troubles.
2018-12-24
Use props
Vitus Cheung
New

Hong Kong

After I've installed the Osmo Mimo app on my mobile phone, it automatically set the language in Chinese, how can I change or select the default language to be English?
2018-12-24
Use props
Vitus Cheung
New

Hong Kong

After I've installed the Osmo Mimo app on my mobile phone, it automatically set the language in Chinese, how can I change or select the default language to be English?
2018-12-24
Use props
Cool0102
lvl.3
Flight distance : 550548 ft
France

When shall we be able to stop the demos videos?! It's painful to see them every time you turn on Mimo! That would be great if we could delete them!...
2018-12-24
Use props
Huskers
lvl.1
United States

Just got my Osmo pocket. It won't launch the Mimo app using the USB C connector to connect to my Google Pixel 2. I tried a bunch of times, including uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Using the lightening connector it connected right away to my daughter's iPhone. I was able to activate the Osmo with her phone but I want to use my Pixel. How can I fix this? I was excited to use the Osmo for Christmas and now it doesn't work. Very frustrating!
2018-12-24
Use props
creativekeane
New
United States

Hi, I recently purchased DJI Osmo Pocket and have been playing with it for the past days and I notice that while Face-Track works great, Active-Track has been hit-or-miss. When I use Active Tracking for stationary objects it works well but I begin to run into both locking and tracking issues when the objects start moving, turning, or tilting. If Active-Track does manage to lock onto a moving object, the movement of the gimbal is sometimes jerky and not smooth.  Sometimes it locks onto the background after losing track of the object.

As a solo video shooter, it was one of the primary features that I was looking forward to the most and something I hope can be fixed in a future firmware update.

Active Tracking in various situations:
1) Locking and tracking my hand or an object in my hand. The moment I rotate, turn, expand or clasp it, it no longer lock-on or tracks my hand or the object. Does not matter if I move my hand quickly or slowly.
2) Locking and tracking the movement of my shoes. If I slide it across the floor it tracks it, the moment I start walking it loses track of it.
3) Locking and tracking people in the city. It tracks people well, I had no major issues.
4) Locking and tracking stop and go vehicles in the city. Locked on when vehicles were at a red light and try to track them when moving. It follows it briefly but quickly loses track of the truck. Movement is very jerky.
5) Locking and tracking outdoor Christmas decorations. Works well, the decoration was stationary. Works well during low light.
6) Locking and tracking a monument. Works well, the monument was stationary.
7) Locking and tracking a building. Works well, the buildings were stationary objects.
8) Locking and tracking my cat as it roams around the house. Locks on and tracks well sometimes, other times not so much. If the cat is stationary, active-track works well. If the cat begins moving, active tracks will no longer lock on or track the cat. If the cat turns or changes its position, active track usually loses track of the cat. Sometimes it manages to hold onto the cat.
2018-12-25
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Xlear99 Posted at 12-22 17:23

Time and date are acquired from your 'connected' device.  Should have been updated when you connected Mimo and did the firmware upload/update.

One of the "downsides" of having to connect the phone/tablet to get the date updated (this happens on the other Osmo & Osmo+) is... that if the phone is not connected, the date stamp on the video file will be wrong.

I don't have any suggestions to change that ... just an explanation.  FWIW, if it's important to have the files dated correctly, you might connect to your device, make the photo video settings, then disconnect without turning off the device.   I haven't tried that yet, ( I really don't care what date is on the file ), but you could give it a try and let us know how it goes.
2018-12-25
Use props
matpaint
New

United States

nisekorunner Posted at 12-20 07:58
Can't activate my brand new Osmo. This is rubbish... just keeps staying on the activation screen, never activates. Have tried with/without SD card, restarted etc. Help.

I have the same problems.  I even tried 2 different  phones  Android  and iphone still sits on activating   any help would be great.
2018-12-25
Use props
fansd2dc4533
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Are there any plans to allow the ‘virtual joystick’ that appears when you connect an iPhone to the Osmo pocket to be moveable. I’d much prefer it on the left.
2018-12-25
Use props
C.Films
lvl.2
Canada

Can we change the joystick to the left side of the screen instead of the right? If not, please add this feature.
2018-12-25
Use props
Jim Smith
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Can we disable the tutorial videos that start up every time the mimo app is launched. They get very annoying pretty soon.
2018-12-25
Use props
Xlear99
lvl.2
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-24 02:15
Hi Xlear99, could you upload some screenshot or sample for better assistance?

There is no screen shot I can show you as there is  no place to change the date and time on the app or on the camera. The date and time on the unit is wrong so could you tell me where is the setting for adjusting the Date and Time?
2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Vitus Cheung Posted at 12-24 10:37

Hi Vitus, may I know what's the OS of your mobile device? If it is Android device, please kindly change the system language as English, and the App will change as well.
For IOS device, you may set the language from here: DJI Mimo>Me(right bottom corner)>Settings(right upper corner)>Language(English). Hope it helps.
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Cool0102 Posted at 12-24 10:58
When shall we be able to stop the demos videos?! It's painful to see them every time you turn on Mimo! That would be great if we could delete them!...

Hi Cool0102, this will be optimized in the App update, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-26
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules