Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to stop Osmo Pocket ftom charging my phone.
12Next >
43927 62 2018-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DronaVista Pola
lvl.3
Flight distance : 332772 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hi,

Is there any way to stop Osmo Pocket from charging my phone?
Every time I use OP it charges my phone and the battery dies really qucikly bsc of that.

Regards,

2018-12-19
Use props
spicemeister
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I second this question on Huawei P20 Pro, if I change the option on my phone to 'transfer files' instead of 'charge from' the whole thing will disconnect so I have no option but to let it charge the phone.

The battery on the OP is small enough as it is without charging my phone too!
2018-12-19
Use props
DronaVista
lvl.3
  • >>>
Poland

I hope they wil figure out a way for the operators to manually choose whether it should charge our phones
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day DronaVista Pola. Thank you for raising this inquiry.  The DJI Osmo Pocket will charge the mobile phone at 5V and 500 mA. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory (AOA). As the DJI Osmo Pocket keeps charging to the mobile phone, the Osmo Pocket's battery life will be slightly reduced. To make the DJI Osmo Pocket work longer, it is recommended that the Wireless Module be used. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-19
Use props
DronaVista
lvl.3
  • >>>
Poland

Thank you for your reply, I hope to see OP improving day by day
2018-12-19
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.1
Hong Kong

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-19 11:57
Hello and good day DronaVista Pola. Thank you for raising this inquiry.  The DJI Osmo Pocket will charge the mobile phone at 5V and 500 mA. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory (AOA). As the DJI Osmo Pocket keeps charging to the mobile phone, the Osmo Pocket's battery life will be slightly reduced. To make the DJI Osmo Pocket work longer, it is recommended that the Wireless Module be used. Thank you for your support.

Slightly reduced? Are you kidding me? And the recommendation of wireless is even worst haha.
...so the wireless module doesn't use power?
2018-12-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

This is an operating system problem, not an application/connection problem. Try talking to Google, it's their software developers that don't include a 'don't charge' option. One way around that would be to put a charge bank into the base of the pocket if the pocket allows two connections at once. Let's face it, if you have a phone connected, what's one more long lead going into your pocket going to make? :-)
2018-12-20
Use props
k9kids
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4951 ft
United States

PiteousPlayer Posted at 12-20 00:03
Slightly reduced? Are you kidding me? And the recommendation of wireless is even worst haha.
...so the wireless module doesn't use power?

And... the wireless module doesn’t exist.
2018-12-20
Use props
Mr. Heinze
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1761270 ft
Germany

When my phone is at 100 % it works perfect. Today my phone was at 50 %. Osmo was going down from 95 to 30 % in 10 minutes...  
2018-12-20
Use props
DronaVista
lvl.3
  • >>>
Poland

OMG, What phone do you use?
2018-12-20
Use props
fans4f425186
lvl.1
Germany

Thanks!!!! Omg...i am stupid ^^ Thought this battery drain could be a bug ^^ It was my phone with 50% battery live!  But wait...is this fixable with a firmware update? I dont think so...
2018-12-20
Use props
Mr. Heinze
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1761270 ft
Germany

RE: How to stop Osmo Pocket ftom charging my phone.

DronaVista Posted at 12-20 06:12
OMG, What phone do you use?

Honor view 10
2018-12-20
Use props
djiuser_a0Tf69iCn2Zo
lvl.1
Germany

I have the same problem with Huawei P10, listed as compatible device. "Slightly reduced" is a joke. The battery drains rapidly. Running time of OP is at least reduced by half.  It's simply no good idea to charge the phone with that small OP battery. It's absolutely not possible to stop that by phone settings if the phone is not rooted. Please DJI fix this with the next firmware update.
2018-12-20
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.1
Hong Kong

I think I am hearing a sound : "We make the wired solution doesn't really work in a long run.. so people will buy our Bluetooth module..."
2018-12-20
Use props
DronaVista
lvl.3
  • >>>
Poland

Lets just hope the will figure it out, bsc now we cant get any valuable footage with OP it such a short time.
It is just a mistake that there is no additional some sort of batteries for Osmo also.
2018-12-21
Use props
Shescor
Second Officer
Spain

If the DJI drone can put a switch to avoid charging the smartphone, I guess it could also be easily implemented in Osmo Pocket
(at 2 minute 50 second of video)

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/disable-charging-smart-phone-in-go-4-app.46630/
2018-12-21
Use props
DanielVieira
First Officer
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Shescor Posted at 12-21 01:43
https://youtu.be/Y3loDXFT37g

If the DJI drone can put a switch to avoid charging the smartphone, I guess it could also be easily implemented in Osmo Pocket

That only works for IOS devices....
2018-12-21
Use props
Shescor
Second Officer
Spain

DanielVieira Posted at 12-21 01:47
That only works for IOS devices....

ok, sorry, I had not read it
2018-12-21
Use props
Shescor
Second Officer
Spain

http://www.doctormonk.com/2011/06/android-open-accessory-without-charging.html

here a possible solution via hardware
2018-12-21
Use props
stewebe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128110 ft
Germany

Two workarounds:
2018-12-21
Use props
stewebe
lvl.4
Flight distance : 128110 ft
Germany

a workaround:
For your android phone check out the software "Battery Charge Limit".
Its meant for protecting your phones battery by not charging it to 100%.
You can freely set a battery % limit when charging starts and stops.
Setting the lower limit really low, the phone will not draw power from the op.
2018-12-21
Use props
Shescor
Second Officer
Spain

stewebe Posted at 12-21 10:09
a workaround:
For your android phone check out the software "Battery Charge Limit".
Its meant for protecting your phones battery by not charging it to 100%.

Need Root smartphone
2018-12-21
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

Not sure if it's related but my S8 was at 40% today and the App just keeps disconnecting! I am sure its been ok in the past but Ive always had 80%+ battery. Anyway, I've had enough and sent it in to get my money back.
2018-12-21
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-19 11:57

Of course $$$$$$$
2018-12-21
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 12-20 04:28
This is an operating system problem, not an application/connection problem. Try talking to Google, it's their software developers that don't include a 'don't charge' option. One way around that would be to put a charge bank into the base of the pocket if the pocket allows two connections at once. Let's face it, if you have a phone connected, what's one more long lead going into your pocket going to make? :-)

Are you saying it won't charge IOS Apple devices?
2018-12-21
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
  • >>>
United States

k9kids Posted at 12-20 05:56
And... the wireless module doesn’t exist.

It's coming soon with the release of the Osmo Pocket PRO!!!
2018-12-21
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

BrianKushner Posted at 12-21 11:21
Are you saying it won't charge IOS Apple devices?

I've no idea, I don't own any Apple products :-)
I can only talk about Andriod operating devices.
However, using a power bank, (while defeating the Pockets main advantage) along with a phone for a screen and the Osmo together would give longer recording times and phone screen time. What it would do for the Pockets battery recharging capability I can only guess at.
2018-12-21
Use props
Shescor
Second Officer
Spain

With this trick we stop charging our android phone(tested on smartphone microusb Redmi Note 5)
2018-12-25
Use props
hedac
Second Officer
Spain

I didn't expect this issue. Osmo pocket battery dies so fast when using Mimo app. Is there any hope that it could be fixed with a firmware update? Or does it depend on Android? I don't like any of the workarounds described here.
2018-12-26
Use props
Shescor
Second Officer
Spain

hedac Posted at 12-26 15:16
I didn't expect this issue. Osmo pocket battery dies so fast when using Mimo app. Is there any hope that it could be fixed with a firmware update? Or does it depend on Android? I don't like any of the workarounds described here.

I understand perfectly, that same resistance that I have put in the cable could be put in the factory in the same USB C adapter that brings osmo pocket, but it is not in my hand to do it ....
2018-12-26
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.1
United States

Evidently, the problem is that specific modules (wireless) aren't available, and others cause problems. Are you using the piece that came with the osmo pocket, or are u using a USB C to (insert charging cable type here)? The latter can cause problems because USB C is also used to charge. I haven't had problems with the pieces that came with the DJI Osmo Pocket. If you still are having problems, you could try a cable that isn't meant for charging but merely video transmission

Link: https://www.amazon.com/Apple-MKQ ... =usb+c+to+lightning

2018-12-26
Use props
Shescor
Second Officer
Spain

ironicgull68 Posted at 12-26 15:34
Evidently, the problem is that specific modules (wireless) aren't available, and others cause problems. Are you using the piece that came with the osmo pocket, or are u using a USB C to (insert charging cable type here)? The latter can cause problems because USB C is also used to charge. I haven't had problems with the pieces that came with the DJI Osmo Pocket. If you still are having problems, you could try a cable that isn't meant for charging but merely video transmission

this problem only happens on Android phones
2018-12-26
Use props
ironicgull68
lvl.1
United States

Shescor Posted at 12-26 15:37
this problem only happens on Android phones

wait until there is a third party release for the micro USB or get one of these. This is best recommendation I can make.

https://www.amazon.com/CHOETECH- ... +usb+male&psc=1
2018-12-26
Use props
DronaVista
lvl.3
  • >>>
Poland

This is not about us looking for a solution, I hope that DJI will find a solution, sole device is awesome, just the battery life is awful,
2018-12-27
Use props
BrianKushner
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I don't believe it charges IOS devices am I correct?
2018-12-27
Use props
DronaVista
lvl.3
  • >>>
Poland

Yes, you are correct Brian, this problem is only with Androids
2018-12-27
Use props
hedac
Second Officer
Spain

Shescor Posted at 12-26 15:34
I understand perfectly, that same resistance that I have put in the cable could be put in the factory in the same USB C adapter that brings osmo pocket, but it is not in my hand to do it ....

I agree. If DJI wants to have the same experience with IOS and Android, I think they should provide the proper adapter for Android devices. Otherwise, they should clearly say the differences so people can make the decision before purchasing.
2018-12-27
Use props
Aavalaakso
Captain
Flight distance : 328 ft
  • >>>
Finland

I have this problem too. Another problem is that I cant much move the phone and osmo or it disconnects. For me cant use that with phone at all.

Sony Xperia XA2
2018-12-27
Use props
honamd77
lvl.1
Malaysia

Using Note 8 > Mimo app > OP > quick charge > rip juice OP
Using Note 8 > Mino app > OP (power bank attach) > quick charge > rip juice & condition OP battery
Wireless module is limited/pre-sale, need wait
We want ASAP solution. Simple way, give that option at next firmware
2019-1-7
Use props
djiuser_cP83pDP6KhC3
New

Malaysia

DJI team,
Can you please solve thid problem for android phone.
2019-1-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules