Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How to stop Osmo Pocket ftom charging my phone.
43932 62 2018-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NEPhXetlrMXY
New
Pakistan

+1 please fix this, it drains the battery . and for pro level shoot u need to connect ur phone
2019-1-19
Use props
spookster
Captain
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

this is a typical problem with android and usb devices. i therefore root my phones and use disable usb charging app when plugging in peripherals.
2019-1-20
Use props
honamd77
lvl.1
Malaysia

Seriously need firmware for this problem. Please fix ASAP
2019-1-20
Use props
djiuser_Kz0kMjAVBHpQ
lvl.1
Spain

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-12-19 11:57
Hello and good day DronaVista Pola. Thank you for raising this inquiry.  The DJI Osmo Pocket will charge the mobile phone at 5V and 500 mA. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory (AOA). As the DJI Osmo Pocket keeps charging to the mobile phone, the Osmo Pocket's battery life will be slightly reduced. To make the DJI Osmo Pocket work longer, it is recommended that the Wireless Module be used. Thank you for your support.

The battery dies out very quickly in the case of the Huawei P20 Pro.
2019-1-31
Use props
hkphoto.com
lvl.3

Hong Kong

if you phone is rooted install battery charge limit from google play then done
2019-1-31
Use props
KostasVls
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3137395 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1, we need a fix please DJI!
2019-2-20
Use props
Serb
lvl.1

Brazil

This still hasn't been fixed?!

Jesus...
2019-2-20
Use props
AndyUS19
lvl.3

United States

I didn't know OP charges phone! I connect powerbank and it's charging OP, not phone. I think display shown on phone relates to power level from OP.
2019-2-20
Use props
jul
lvl.1
Spain

Hello and good day DronaVista Pola. Thank you for raising this inquiry.  The DJI Osmo Pocket will charge the mobile phone at 5V and 500 mA. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory (AOA). As the DJI Osmo Pocket keeps charging to the mobile phone, the Osmo Pocket's battery life will be slightly reduced. To make the DJI Osmo Pocket work longer, it is recommended that the Wireless Module be used. Thank you for your support.

yeah, that is perfect however If I use the wireless adapter and connect your new and super expensive usb-c to audio adapter it doesn´t work it only works with a direct connection. Moreover, the wireless adapter is very faulty too I have to put my phone in airplane mode and connect wireless otherwise it doesn't work either. Too many problems for such expensive accessories.
2019-3-16
Use props
Dirty Bird
Captain
Flight distance : 41442379 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is, unfortunately, an Android issue.  Unless you root your phone, there is no provision to disable charging on Android.  Why I do not know as way back in the early releases of Android this wasn't an issue (I've been using Android since it came about & still have a pair of G1s).  Best bet is to direct your request & reasoning to the Android Developer's site.
2019-3-17
Use props
MKosmo
First Officer
United Kingdom

You need to be handy with a soldering iron, but there is a workaround here that works >

https://forum.dji.com/thread-186270-1-1.html
2019-5-22
Use props
VladK2019
New
Australia

Anyone figured out an easy and simple solution to this? Its really annoying...
2019-5-29
Use props
fansfe82067d
Captain
  • >>>
Australia

I don't see a fix happening unless Google happens to come up with it.
2019-5-29
Use props
MKosmo
First Officer
United Kingdom

fansfe82067d Posted at 5-29 02:49
I don't see a fix happening unless Google happens to come up with it.

I think you are right .   This is not a DJI problem, this is an android requirement for establishing communications.
2019-5-29
Use props
Biondomanuel
lvl.1
Italy

Someone have found any solution to this? I have a oneplus 6 and I have the same problem, anyone knows how can I root my phone to solve this problem?
2019-6-25
Use props
Lion77
New

United Kingdom

This is a huge issue...how is it possible there is no sokution for it yet???
2019-8-4
Use props
alexck
lvl.1

Ukraine

Are there any workarounds except of modifying USB cable ? It is really annoying to have so quick discharging of the DJI Osmo Pocket connected to Android phone
2019-12-4
Use props
Kozjegyzo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7999 ft
Hungary

Here is the solution I've found, it's not perfect but it works great
2020-1-14
Use props
Gulfstream
First Officer
Flight distance : 98996 ft
  • >>>
United States

k9kids Posted at 2018-12-20 05:56
And... the wireless module doesn’t exist.

Wireless module has been out since last year. The way to do it is: Connect to Wireless then if you need more time connect a battery pack to the module and shoot for hours. I do it several times a week.
2020-1-15
Use props
MattChrisEd
New
United States

After reading everything, it appears this is an Android issue. Which is lame.

I had been using an iPhone connected to OP, but bought a Moto G Power so that I could have a longer battery life while shooting. The iPhone never drained power from OP, but now the Moto G battery stays at 100% while the camera dies. I maybe got an hour before OP battery died.

If iOS can figure this out, certainly Android can.

Anyone have a good Android forum to start blasting with requests for updates?
2020-11-17
Use props
LesStress
lvl.1

United States

I know this is an old thread but it's all I can find on this topic...

I've had my device maybe 2 weeks and my pocket 2 is having the same issue. Battery dies insanely fast

This doesn't appear to have a limitation on all devices as the Samsung S20+ I own has an option to charge a connected device (power sharing) rather than consume the power from the device attached (Pocket 2).

Unfortunately, this option disappears when the Pocket is connected but works with other devices I own.   Do you know if this is something that is/can be addressed?  If the power sharing option is there, it would be insanely beneficial for both DJI and its customers alike to have this feature.

Allowing the (Samsung) Power Sharing feature to provide power to rather than take from the device would greatly help take stress off of having power to the device (no more power packs to carry arround)
2021-6-18
Use props
Marcius13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1313881 ft
United Kingdom

Hi same problem for all of us, but if i using wireless module than i can't take a quick shots ? Please sort this problem.
2022-2-8
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

Since a couple of years has passed, I doubt they will follow up.

For "quick shots" L simply use the pocket sans phone. I never have Pocket attached. My phone has very good stabilization.

The only time I use a phone is with the wireless, for remote shooting, with the extension rod, or for time-lapses.
2022-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules