osmo pocket cool - but please fix these errors
869 5 2018-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiguy001
Second Officer

Canada

Hi,

First off - the osmo pocket is a very cool device, in how small & portable it is, so good job!

However, to make it a really fantastic device, could you please fix the following?

ESSENTIAL ITEMS TO FIX:

a) Add TILT LEFT/RIGHT to the osmo pocket firmware. Right now - it doesn't make sense to only have "up/down" tilt - but *needing* to "add" a cellphone/iPad in order to go left/right. (Otherwise, it totally defeats the purpose a making a "compact" camera - if it is not really "compact"). (I.e., it becomes "bigger" than other competitors with the handheld gimbal style).

b) For the app - REMOVE the requirement to be "online" to use it. It really makes no sense, unless DJI was uploading images from the device, etc (which, I hope they aren't). It should be *OPTIONAL* to go online for several reasons. Sometimes you have no access to being online (i.e., if using an iPad), people with a cellphone may not want to use their minutes/data/etc to "access" the osmo, etc, etc. - and in general, it is incredibily inconvenient. (I.e., since right now the TILT LEFT/RIGHT doesn't work - if you "had" to use a cellphone to access that functionality, but had no internet access - you could STILL not use 'left/right' even with a cellphone/iPad/etc).

c) From what some other users wrote: ( jayar.geronimo) "Allow us to set the focus. (Tracking during video and photo is great,  but there are really lots of times that the OSMO will back focus  especially on timelapse / motionlapse). So just allow us to manually set  the focus and we will be happy if we end up being out of focus (out of  our own fault)." (This I totally agree with - I have not yet tested it, so didn't know about this).

There may be other items - but these were the things I noticed pretty much immediately from only using it for 5-10 minutes.

d) Not sure if this is something that can be "fixed" (may be a limitation of the camera/sensor) - but the 4K video looks 'pixellated' as opposed to sharp/smooth. (I know it's a "1/2.3” CMOS" sensor, so that may be it). If it is possible to make a 'sharper' 4K video, that would be very nice to have.

Wishlist (not essential like the above, but nice to have):

e) From what some other users wrote: ( jayar.geronimo) "Allow us to save PATHS during motionlapse, OR display gimbal coordinate data and allow us to set this."

(Other people are welcome to add to either of these lists).

Could you please fix the "essential" items within the next firmware update? Because right now - while the osmo pocket is "cool" - this is severely hindering its "usefulness".

Thanks.

2018-12-19
Use props
NoëI
lvl.4

Netherlands

As in point B. Yes please I'm sometimes in remote areas where I do not have data coverage, causing the app to not work :-(

Small note: It looks like the Memo app only needs a data connection when starting up in combination with the OP.
Once all is tarted up, the data connection can be dissabled and the Memo app keeps working fine,
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day djiguy001. Thank you for providing us this information today. Rest assured that I will forward this thread to our DJI R&D Team for further development of the DJI Osmo Pocket. If you have any other concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help you. Thank you.
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

REMOVE the requirement to be "online" to use it

The online requirements come  is when
1. active osmo pocket ( your account info is needed for activation since this osmo pocket will be linked to you account)
2. play tutorial video. (the video is from server, new videos will be available when we upload)
3. post/share after editing the media. (when editing is done, the video is saved locally. If you want to share it or post on website, being online is needed)

So any thing else besides above 3 occasion?
2018-12-19
Use props
PiteousPlayer
lvl.2
Hong Kong

NoëI Posted at 12-19 04:32
As in point B. Yes please I'm sometimes in remote areas where I do not have data coverage, causing the app to not work :-(

Small note: It looks like the Memo app only needs a data connection when starting up in combination with the OP.

Are you guys sure the app doesn't work without mobile data/wifi? Because I just tried it in aeroplane mode, the app works like normal... of course the "Home" section wont work because it is more/less a page for on-demand-stream official clips... But the recording and all other functions seem to work as expected.

Of course, everything comes after you successfully activated your device.
2018-12-19
Use props
Mega69
lvl.1
United States

With me, while in airplane mode, the app sends an error message only for showing the initial video or if you select Home. The rest of the app works as usual.
2018-12-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules