Problem with the SD card slot
6039 12 2018-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
algogoku
lvl.1
Spain

Hi, I have a problem with the SD card slot. Today I put a new SD card. Everything was OK. I removed it later to put it on an adapter for pc and then later I wanted to put it back again in the slot but I can't. I can insert it but it doesn't stay inside. What can I do? I add 2 photos to see how I insert the card and how it stays at the end.
I don't know what to do now
IMG_20181219_160934.jpg
IMG_20181219_160952.jpg
2018-12-19
Use props
dronie1965
First Officer
Flight distance : 24897940 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You really have to push it far in , use your nail or something sharp. Try it again untill it clicks. If that doesnt work , you might haave to return it
2018-12-19
Use props
Pete84
lvl.2
United States

My sd slot is really annoying also.  It doesn't click and lock all the time.  I always end up using a paper clip or something small to push the sd card in further to get it to lock.
2018-12-19
Use props
algogoku
lvl.1
Spain

Yes, I used the Microsd adapter to push til I see it's inside. But a bit of strength is needed to do it  it's not so easy as in other devices I had before. You really need to push hard.
2018-12-19
Use props
lordpaul
New
Flight distance : 12047 ft
United Kingdom

algogoku Posted at 12-19 07:48
Yes, I used the Microsd adapter to push til I see it's inside. But a bit of strength is needed to do it  it's not so easy as in other devices I had before. You really need to push hard.

Just received my Osmo Pocket.  Connected it to the phone and went through the activation . It wanted an up date and told me to insert the SD card.  Tried inserting but was very stiff . Got it in - I think - but now it tells me I do not have enough space on a blank 16GB card.  Thought I would take the card out and try another card.  Can not get the card out at all.   
The Osmo is now on it's way back for a full refund. 1 hour after receiving it.   I have been using DJI products for over 5 years with out trouble but this one beats me.  Been readin up on this product and it looks like I have bought a bad one, as have a load of others.
2018-12-20
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

lordpaul Posted at 12-20 09:51
Just received my Osmo Pocket.  Connected it to the phone and went through the activation . It wanted an up date and told me to insert the SD card.  Tried inserting but was very stiff . Got it in - I think - but now it tells me I do not have enough space on a blank 16GB card.  Thought I would take the card out and try another card.  Can not get the card out at all.   
The Osmo is now on it's way back for a full refund. 1 hour after receiving it.   I have been using DJI products for over 5 years with out trouble but this one beats me.  Been readin up on this product and it looks like I have bought a bad one, as have a load of others.

Is this a new card? Have you tested the SD-Card to confirm size and check for errors? (be sure an run a test that checks empty space)
2018-12-20
Use props
Chris1a
lvl.3
Flight distance : 801 ft
Sweden

I can't get a card into or out of the device no matter how I try it, and I'm usually pretty good at getting those tiny cards into and out of the most weirdest sd slot placements on various devices. The card "holder" is simply to far in. I end up using the lightning adapter to get the job done, but that solution might not always be present when you're out traveling and need to change the sd card.

I was about to return it for a replacement, or have it sent in for service, but now I don't know. Maybe grow a Osmo Pocket nail on a finger, or perhaps DJI could make extension nails accessories available? (Yes I'm joking:-).
2018-12-20
Use props
algogoku
lvl.1
Spain

As I said before, I managed to insert and extract the SD card with the SD card adapter. But I think that dji should recheck this slot.
2018-12-21
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lordpaul Posted at 12-20 09:51
Just received my Osmo Pocket.  Connected it to the phone and went through the activation . It wanted an up date and told me to insert the SD card.  Tried inserting but was very stiff . Got it in - I think - but now it tells me I do not have enough space on a blank 16GB card.  Thought I would take the card out and try another card.  Can not get the card out at all.   
The Osmo is now on it's way back for a full refund. 1 hour after receiving it.   I have been using DJI products for over 5 years with out trouble but this one beats me.  Been readin up on this product and it looks like I have bought a bad one, as have a load of others.

You have got the card the correct way round I trust
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the troubles that it caused. May we know if you manage to fix the concern? We will check this query with our team for further clarification. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-21
Use props
Opacan
lvl.1
Spain

I have the same problem. It is hard to get the micro SD card down and click in the slot. I need to use a stick and not always I am lucky. I never have had this problem with other devices like Gopro.
2019-1-8
Use props
Boother
New
United States

I had the same problem right out of the gate which toned down the enthusiasm of my purchase big time.  This is clearly an engineering flaw.  I thought It was the micro SD card that had the issue until I scoured the Internet and found this thread.  Why is DJI not telling people how to do this and/or not issuing a safe tool to help us do this?!?  I had to use a paper clip and push it in just right.  Incredibly annoying flaw.  Debating sending unit back for a new one but will l just be dealing with the same problem again?!?  Or do I just cut bait and not be a Osmo Pocket owner?
2019-2-13
Use props
Wiz33
Second Officer
Flight distance : 35994 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's not rocket science guys, That's the way that the MicroSD socket is designed, You have to insert the card pass the outer shell for it to lock and you have to push it pass the outer shell to release, It's the only way the card edge will be level with the outer casing as the last thing you want is to have it stick out partially where it can gt damaged. There are also some play when the socket is mounted on the circuit board to allow for manufacturing tolerance so sometime you have to push it a bit deeper for it to lock or release . Just use a small paperclip if your nail is not long enough.
2019-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules