Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is now a good time to buy Crystalsky
2361 27 2018-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Giacomo Perasti
New

Italy

Hi all ..
I wonna know if now is a good time to buy the crystalsky monitor.. and if is a good solid working unit..
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Hope that you could get the best feedback from our customers who are using the Crystal Sky monitor. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-19
Use props
Sky Donkey
First Officer
Flight distance : 355157 ft
United Kingdom

Just read the forums …..”A Good solid working unit?” no chance.....

overpriced, underpowered. Always last in line for any software updates totally unloved and supported by DJI.

Pros . The screen.

Cons . Just about everything else.
2018-12-20
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Sky Donkey Posted at 12-20 03:40

overpriced, underpowered. Always last in line for any software updates totally unloved and supported by DJI.

Well said. Sounds cruel, but true
2018-12-21
Use props
Lysak2003
Captain
Flight distance : 500052 ft
Ukraine

Sky Donkey Posted at 12-20 03:40

Thank you for warning. You just has prevented me from this expensive mistake!
2018-12-30
Use props
DroneGuyEd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1168140 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got a 7.85 HB model for use with a P4 earlier this year. Works great for me and way better than any other previous display options tried.  No regrets.
2018-12-30
Use props
derider
Captain
Flight distance : 2760853 ft
Denmark

DroneGuyEd Posted at 12-30 20:45
I got a 7.85 HB model for use with a P4 earlier this year. Works great for me and way better than any other previous display options tried.  No regrets.

Also have the 7,85" HB for a year now and is the best add on to my drone setup so far. The hardware works great in the field. The software bugs  that has been seen - some worse than others - was fixed by DJI by time. No regrets :-)
2018-12-30
Use props
Anthony566
First Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

I would definitely hold off for a few months ....
2019-1-10
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

i think it depends on your needs and witch drone you are flying. if it is for a Mavic 2... it is not the best choice.
2019-1-12
Use props
Chrisd15664
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1444111 ft
United States

Hi why is it not best choice for mavic 2 thinking about getting one ty in advance
2019-1-12
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 322156 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Chrisd15664 Posted at 1-12 10:45
Hi why is it not best choice for mavic 2 thinking about getting one ty in advance

Because the Updates for the Go4 App comes rarely and also Late. So new improvments or fixes will take longer than on iOs or normal Android.  For Example now at the moment the App on iOS 4.3.10 and on my Crystal Sky 4.3.4. And because they are still fixing issues on the Mavic 2 i'll find it is not a good combination at the moment. Also think about that for the M2 you have to buy a Third Party Mount Bracket.
2019-1-13
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 2864974 ft
  • >>>
Latvia

Later updates are not good of course, but not so dangerous. I have both 5" and 7.85" devices and when they work, they work nicely. No one problem with 5.5 " in a year and one problem with 7.85" UB ( was replaced under warranty)
2019-1-13
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

I'd say no, unsupported, buggy and not as smooth as Go on the iPhone. Last update stopped my fan from going on and so during bright day flights it heats up too much resulting in the screen turning off.
Only benefit is the bright screen when it works... but otherwise DJI seems not to care about the CS or their customers who purchased it.
Updates are rare and far in between.
If this is how DJI supports their premium hardware I'd be steering away from the new Smart controller too... will probably end up just as unsupported.
2019-1-17
Use props
dan_vector
First Officer
Flight distance : 613753 ft
United Kingdom

NO!! Don't do it. The CS is a very poor product, especially the UB version as its very unreliable. The CS should be the first to receive GO 4 app updates etc as it is supposedly DJIs flagship monitor but we are always way behind the iOS app capabilities and performance. I rarely use my CS 7.85 UB now as its an infuriating experience and use my iPhone XS MAX with the latest version of GO4 and it is a much better experience can the Crystal Sky. I too have learnt another valuable lesson to avoid giving DJI any more of my hard earned money!!
2019-1-20
Use props
JBSonic
First Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So will there be an update for CS with Ground Station Pro or not?
2019-1-22
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

NO NO NO Buyer beware... judging by the latest DJI Tony response attached I recommend to stay away!!! That's one middle finger to people who wasted their money on CS monitors.
Stick to using a mobile like the Galaxy S9... 1100 nits so it brighter than the high bright CS... I'm selling my CS and will just use the S9 with an up to date Go app.

Don't even get the new smart controller, it'll end up just as unsupported.
DJI made some great drones but that's where it ends, the accessories are rubbish gimmicks which will be abandoned, DJI are trying to sell this rubbish knowing that they peaked with their drones to date and whatever drones they release will not be a great improvement and not many will upgrade.
2019 will be interesting for DJI.
IMG_7324.PNG
2019-1-24
Use props
Sky Donkey
First Officer
United Kingdom

HELL NO !

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D463%26typeid%3D463
2019-1-24
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

There is only one reason to buy a CrystalSky, and that is for a screen that can be seen in daylight.
There are multiple reasons to NOT buy a CrystalSky; on my fourth CrystalSky Ultra in an 11-month period.
2019-1-25
Use props
Jim Watkins
First Officer
Flight distance : 9132172 ft
United States

mAIRs Posted at 1-24 10:14
NO NO NO Buyer beware... judging by the latest DJI Tony response attached I recommend to stay away!!! That's one middle finger to people who wasted their money on CS monitors.
Stick to using a mobile like the Galaxy S9... 1100 nits so it brighter than the high bright CS... I'm selling my CS and will just use the S9 with an up to date Go app.

Evidently DJI Tony can't compose a coherent sentence either, let alone an entire paragraph.  
2019-1-26
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

Jim Watkins Posted at 1-26 09:13
Evidently DJI Tony can't compose a coherent sentence either, let alone an entire paragraph.

haha......
2019-1-29
Use props
sjd666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3785020 ft
United Kingdom

If I knew what I know now about the support for the CrystalSky I would of never purchased my CrystalSky   
2019-1-30
Use props
Sky Donkey
First Officer
United Kingdom

Pros: Great Screen...

Cons: Everything else including DJI terrible support for this product.
2019-1-31
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

DO NOT GET ANY DJI ACCESSORIES... It's all neglected, and DJI will only get worse with the scandal and the dropped number of sales, I'd be surprised id DJI is still in business by 2021. The controller will be in the same boat as the CrystalSky too... what a stupid idea to run a restricted OS on CS and DSC that forces customers to be at the mercy of update releases by incompetent and lazy programmers.
2019-2-1
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

sjd666 Posted at 1-30 11:07
If I knew what I know now about the support for the CrystalSky I would of never purchased my CrystalSky

Same here, DJI Support sux, worst customer support in the world...
2019-2-1
Use props
mAIRs
First Officer
Australia

WOW, I wish I found this before buying my new toy... https://au.trustpilot.com/review/dji.com

I guess we live and learn people.....
2019-2-1
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Captain
United States

mAIRs Posted at 2-1 05:27
Same here, DJI Support sux, worst customer support in the world...

Welcome to club.
Still waiting for DJI to get Mac "OS-X" version of Assistant-2 full working & correctly.
Still waiting for DJI to fix Windows version of Assistant-2 where it installs correctly.
Still waiting for DJI to get Windows and Mac version blessed by respective companies.
2019-2-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s a great unit, you will find most will be whinging about no updates, it’s a common theme around here, always wanting updates, get them whinge about them not working, and then request more updates, usually from those who don’t actually fly their drones.
2019-2-2
Use props
Eduardo0
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6443990 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

It is a very great piece of equipment and and a very nice accessory. The problem as others have said, relies on the lack of support information regarding updates.  If everything else updates (DJI 4 for IOS and Android, including the new smart remote control) and these updates are not only to solve problems but most often to provide other capabilities like the WAYPOINTS, it is natural that us BUYERS of this expensive screen want to see our piece of equipment up to date. Simple as that.
2019-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules