Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Is now a good time to buy Crystalsky
429 12 2018-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Giacomo Perasti
lvl.1
Italy

Hi all ..
I wonna know if now is a good time to buy the crystalsky monitor.. and if is a good solid working unit..
2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Hope that you could get the best feedback from our customers who are using the Crystal Sky monitor. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-19
Use props
Sky Donkey
Second Officer
Flight distance : 48364
United Kingdom

Just read the forums …..”A Good solid working unit?” no chance.....

overpriced, underpowered. Always last in line for any software updates totally unloved and supported by DJI.

Pros . The screen.

Cons . Just about everything else.
2018-12-20
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 654567
Latvia

Sky Donkey Posted at 12-20 03:40

overpriced, underpowered. Always last in line for any software updates totally unloved and supported by DJI.

Well said. Sounds cruel, but true
2018-12-21
Use props
Lysak2003
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10931
Ukraine

Sky Donkey Posted at 12-20 03:40

Thank you for warning. You just has prevented me from this expensive mistake!
2018-12-30
Use props
DroneGuyEd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 309509
United States

I got a 7.85 HB model for use with a P4 earlier this year. Works great for me and way better than any other previous display options tried.  No regrets.
2018-12-30
Use props
derider
Second Officer
Flight distance : 323594
Denmark

DroneGuyEd Posted at 12-30 20:45
I got a 7.85 HB model for use with a P4 earlier this year. Works great for me and way better than any other previous display options tried.  No regrets.

Also have the 7,85" HB for a year now and is the best add on to my drone setup so far. The hardware works great in the field. The software bugs  that has been seen - some worse than others - was fixed by DJI by time. No regrets :-)
2018-12-30
Use props
Anthony566
First Officer
Flight distance : 758630

I would definitely hold off for a few months ....
1-10 13:50
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57292
Germany

i think it depends on your needs and witch drone you are flying. if it is for a Mavic 2... it is not the best choice.
1-12 10:29
Use props
Chrisd15664
lvl.1
Flight distance : 440165

Hi why is it not best choice for mavic 2 thinking about getting one ty in advance
1-12 10:45
Use props
cristiano1976pt
lvl.3
Flight distance : 57292
Germany

Chrisd15664 Posted at 1-12 10:45
Hi why is it not best choice for mavic 2 thinking about getting one ty in advance

Because the Updates for the Go4 App comes rarely and also Late. So new improvments or fixes will take longer than on iOs or normal Android.  For Example now at the moment the App on iOS 4.3.10 and on my Crystal Sky 4.3.4. And because they are still fixing issues on the Mavic 2 i'll find it is not a good combination at the moment. Also think about that for the M2 you have to buy a Third Party Mount Bracket.
1-13 00:29
Use props
nixuspix
Captain
Flight distance : 654567
Latvia

Later updates are not good of course, but not so dangerous. I have both 5" and 7.85" devices and when they work, they work nicely. No one problem with 5.5 " in a year and one problem with 7.85" UB ( was replaced under warranty)
1-13 10:12
Use props
mAIRs
lvl.1
Australia

I'd say no, unsupported, buggy and not as smooth as Go on the iPhone. Last update stopped my fan from going on and so during bright day flights it heats up too much resulting in the screen turning off.
Only benefit is the bright screen when it works... but otherwise DJI seems not to care about the CS or their customers who purchased it.
Updates are rare and far in between.
If this is how DJI supports their premium hardware I'd be steering away from the new Smart controller too... will probably end up just as unsupported.
yesterday 16:54
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules