Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Drifting issue
1979 23 2018-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mikex
lvl.4
United States

Hi, I have an issue with my Ronin S, after gimbal calibration (and by auto-adjusting gimbal motors), I do a Balance test and it shows that each axis is balanced excellently.
After few minutes my Ronin S starts driftig up without any movement and joystick input.
I've tried to do joystick calibration (triggering button 4 times and on 4 tap hold button, then just moving the joystick around and again 4 times tap/hold) it worked fine, but after restarting gimbal it starts drifting again.
Is anybody have the same issues? How to fix it?
I did a firmware refresh, but it didn't help me.

2018-12-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Mikex, sorry for the drifting issue with Ronin-S, may I verify if all the three Profile LED Indicators becomes green after the Joystick calibration? Did you try the System Calibration? If you have ever set up the parameters, please restore the gimbal to default in System Settings, thank you.
2018-12-20
Use props
Mikex
lvl.4
United States

Hi Mindy, thanks for your response, yes LED indicators become green, I have tried to do system calibration and restore gimbal settings, but it doesn't work for me After powering off and then powering op gimbal still drifting in up position without any movement of gimbal or joystick input
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mikex Posted at 12-20 10:33
Hi Mindy, thanks for your response, yes LED indicators become green, I have tried to do system calibration and restore gimbal settings, but it doesn't work for me  After powering off and then powering op gimbal still drifting in up position without any movement of gimbal or joystick input

Could you please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered? Please press 'More' and show us the whole settings and the Smooth Track settings as well. Besides, any chance to share us a short sample video of the issue? Thank you in advance.
2018-12-20
Use props
Mikex
lvl.4
United States

sure:
https://drive.google.com/drive/f ... Pf5_2Dv?usp=sharing

the same happens if sensitivity is smoth track sensitivity is set to low/medium/high.

I have done joystick calibration again, and gimbal immediately starts drifting right after calibration.
2018-12-21
Use props
Mikex
lvl.4
United States

I've tried to downgrade firmware to first version, reset all parameters, do system calibration, but it doesn't help me. I'm still having issues with drifting
2018-12-21
Use props
Mikex
lvl.4
United States

also I've tried to do joint angle calibration,  but it also doesn't help me
2018-12-21
Use props
Mikex
lvl.4
United States

I've tried joint calibration several times, and it helped, but after powering off and then powering on again after 20-30 minutes gimbal starts drifting immediately.
2018-12-21
Use props
Mikex
lvl.4
United States

so, I was found that this is issue with a joystick, if I set first channel to N/A everything works ok, if I change channel mode from tint to pan, gimbal starts move in horizontal direction instead of vertical.
2018-12-21
Use props
Mikex
lvl.4
United States

Hey,  anybody?
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI-Paul
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

During joystick calibration, are you moving the joystick as far as possible to all ends before completing the process?
2018-12-26
Use props
Mikex
lvl.4
United States

Yes,  I've moved joystick in clockwise and counterclockwise  during calibration
2018-12-26
Use props
Mikex
lvl.4
United States

Hey!
Will somebody help me or not?!
This is a big issue for me!
2018-12-28
Use props
mactormod0
First Officer
Flight distance : 860085 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hi I think you will find the reason that you are not getting an answer is that we are all having the same problem and nobody at dji is at home.
2018-12-28
Use props
Estelle Lau
Captain
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

Mikex Posted at 2018-12-28 10:00
Hey!
Will somebody help me or not?!
This is a big issue for me!

I think you may need to click the "Reply" button under the comments of DJI-Paul and DJI Mindy, then, they can receive a notification and will get back to you.
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Mikex, sorry for the late response, please click 'Reply' directly next time so we can get the notification and reply timely.
For the screenshot you provided, the Stiffness value of Tilt axis is too small and it is the default value, please Auto Tune again or increase the Stiffness, if the issue persists, it is recommended to send in the device for further evaluation.

2019-1-1
Use props
Mikex
lvl.4
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-1 20:30
Hi Mikex, sorry for the late response, please click 'Reply' directly next time so we can get the notification and reply timely.For the screenshot you provided, the Stiffness value of Tilt axis is too small and it is the default value, please Auto Tune again or increase the Stiffness, if the issue persists, it is recommended to send in the device for further evaluation.

I've tried Mid and High aggressive levels of Auto Tune and it doesn't help me at all
Could you please provide details, where I should send gimbal?

ps. I have a flight in the next week to Italy for two or three months and I need gimbal, is there any way to get a replacement for this time?
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mikex Posted at 1-2 10:28
I've tried Mid and High aggressive levels of Auto Tune and it doesn't help me at all
Could you please provide details, where I should send gimbal?

We have an official repair center in the United States but we cannot guarantee that you will get it back before next week, please contact your reseller for assistance or start a ticket online https://repair.dji.com/repair/index and send in at your earliest convenience.
2019-1-2
Use props
Mikex
lvl.4
Italy

I think that I was figured out why my Ronin S is drifting.
After performing joystick calibration(chaotically moved it around) my Ronin works perfectly, after moving joystick up/down or up/left, etc gimbal works perfectly and stayed in it position, but right after restarting gimbal, If I'll try to move it up it starts drifting up, and in the first channel (CH1) value doesn't return back to zero, it starts randomly increasing up. If perform joystick calibration again, it works as should, without any drifting. (I've tried to do it 20-30 times in a row, and every time I'm able to reproduce this issue)

So, is there any fix for this? I don't want to send my gimbal to repair center, 'cause I need it now, maybe there any walkaround in firmware to fix this issue? (btw, I'm in Italy right now, but I bought my Ronin in the USA, so I should send it back to the USA? like with drones service?)

I've tried to perform the downgrade, system reset, etc, but it doesn't help me, the only calibration helps to solve this issue until power off/rebooting gimbal.

btw, Mindy, if it possible could you please report about this problem to your developers? Thanks!
2019-2-19
Use props
Mikex
lvl.4
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-2 23:53
We have an official repair center in the United States but we cannot guarantee that you will get it back before next week, please contact your reseller for assistance or start a ticket online https://repair.dji.com/repair/index and send in at your earliest convenience.

Here you can clearly see about  which I'm talking, this happens to me each time after restarting gimbal, If I a little bit  trying to move joystick value of CH1 going up like crazy without any movement, and never returned to zero, but If I perform a joystick calibration everything works fine till next restart.

Refreshing/downgrading firmware also didn't help me.

Video
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Mikex Posted at 2-19 23:29
Here you can clearly see about  which I'm talking, this happens to me each time after restarting gimbal, If I a little bit  trying to move joystick value of CH1 going up like crazy without any movement, and never returned to zero, but If I perform a joystick calibration everything works fine till next restart.

Refreshing/downgrading firmware also didn't help me.

Thanks for sharing us the video, I'm verifying with our engineers and I will come back to you very soon, please wait a moment, thank you.
2019-2-21
Use props
DJI-Paul
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Put in a deadband of 1 or 2 in your Tilt control.
2019-2-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Hi Mikex, please try the suggestion in 22# by our engineers. If there is no luck, please send in the device to our repair center for further evaluation.
2019-2-25
Use props
Mikex
lvl.4
Italy

I've fixed it by calibrating and then just pull off the battery from gimbal, without powering off gimbal, and now it works, but you should do something with your firmware, btw I've tried to set deadband of tint control earlier and it didn't help.

and to be honest I'm very unsatisfied with your advice about sending the unit to repair center without replacement because I'll be lost money due to "repair" of the unit, in next time I'll think twice before buying any another DJI product.
2019-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules