SHOWING VIDEO TO ACCUSERS OR ONLOOKERS
1837 26 2018-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 561411 ft
United States

Is there someway to defend yourself to an accuser as to where you actually were flying such as altitude, distance and location of flight. It would be great if we could show where we were flying to onlookers as well just to help educate those that seem to have a dislike for anyone flying around "their" own domain. I believe that it could be a great tool so show anyone that is interested, just what we are videoing. I know that we can show the flight path but I haven't been able to show where I have been flying in real time. I tried the editor but it seems to make a video of shorts and I can't seem to be able to show the whole video on my iPad Air 2 to anyone, including myself. I would think that it is possible but if it is, I must have overlooked it somewhere. The actual video would show how long we had stopped and where we stopped if we stopped at all such as looking into someone's house if we are ever accused of a stupid act as that.
2018-12-19
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2018-12-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I always allow folks to look and watch. But I'm also educating them at the same time.

I let them see In person how things look at different heights and its advantages

and disadvantages.
2018-12-20
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

Brett Brandon Posted at 12-20 00:27
I am on iOS and there is a play button that will allow you to view any photos or videos saved on the chip in the drone.
I'm attaching a screenshot and you can see the play button about two thirds down the right side.

Thank you Brandon, I wonder if after the bird and controller has been shut down, are you able to view the video full length?
2018-12-20
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

Woe Posted at 12-20 06:59
I always allow folks to look and watch. But I'm also educating them at the same time.

I let them see In person how things look at different heights and its advantages

Capitan Woe, great idea, we can't educate too many people especially the ones that don't like us flying.
2018-12-20
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

SITKAMICK Posted at 12-20 08:28
Thank you Brandon, I wonder if after the bird and controller has been shut down, are you able to view the video full length?

Hi,

If you use a screen recorder you can replay the whole flight!

Also great to see on the screen whatyou have misses watching the bird in the sky.

I use android "DU recorder"app.

cheers
JJB
2018-12-20
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

You can also show the flight log.    It has the path, direction and altitude the drone took on the flight. It also shows where you took pictures.

2018-12-20
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

JJBspark Posted at 12-20 08:32
Hi,

If you use a screen recorder you can replay the whole flight!

Can you share the settings for that to happen?
2018-12-20
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

jwt-873 Posted at 12-20 09:01
You can also show the flight log.    It has the path, direction and altitude the drone took on the flight. It also shows where you took pictures.

[view_image]

I’m curious if it would do the same for video?
2018-12-20
Use props
Brett Brandon
lvl.4
United States

The new CAPTCHA crap is the last straw.
Im tired of DJIs crap and am removing my posts and will be on my way.
2018-12-20
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

SITKAMICK Posted at 12-20 09:16
Can you share the settings for that to happen?

Hi,

do not understand your question.
Just download a screen recording app and use it.
It will record the whole screen,so what you see is the flight recording of the dji go app.

cheers
JJB
2018-12-20
Use props
Bart B
lvl.4
Flight distance : 878852 ft
United States

If you have Cache Video turned on then you can play back the video through the DJI app.
2018-12-20
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

the other option is to not even interact with someone being so vile and negative accusing you of something you arent doing.  tell them call the police instead of potentially putting themselves in danger..and being stupid..  if they get more worked out laugh and call the police yourself on them.. for harassment
2018-12-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I usually get good responses when I fly around.
But I do try to stay away from the obvious area's people don't want to be filmed (their own property).
Plus I try to stay close to me, so they can actually see me.
And yes, I usually share some footage via screen or even via email later on.
2018-12-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If running an iOS device and build 11 or higher (if my memory is working) then you can enable 'screen recording' which is a function of iOS that can be added to the slide up control panel. Which will show exactly what has been displayed on your screen during flight. No need for additional Apps if this is available.
2018-12-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

SITKAMICK Posted at 12-20 08:30
Capitan Woe, great idea, we can't educate too many people especially the ones that don't like us flying.

I find people are more accepting if they can see what your doing.
2018-12-20
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

You can also show the flight log.    It has the path, direction and altitude the drone took on the flight. It also shows where you took pictures.

[view_image]

Just did a quick search of the Manual - where does one find this log/track function?  Which menu or menus?

Thanks.
2018-12-20
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-20 12:44
I usually get good responses when I fly around.
But I do try to stay away from the obvious area's people don't want to be filmed (their own property).
Plus I try to stay close to me, so they can actually see me.

Similarily to build some good will.  I have asked a couple of neighbors if they would like some non-professional aerial photos of their property - for free.  If they says yes, then I ask for permission to fly over their property.  Followed up with, rough date and time, how long, and if there is something particular they would like photographed.  

No, nos - thus far.

Which reminds me, I need to ask another neighbor who has a business that his family might like photo
d - for free.  
2018-12-20
Use props
Jamgar
lvl.2
United States

I had this issue taking night pictures of a county Fair, two cops walked up to me as I was landing the drone and accused me of flying over people in the fairgrounds.  I told him I never went over the fairgrounds and stayed outside, so I showed him the map view on my iPhone and it clearly showed I didn't fly over the area they accused me of.  I went as far to show them the photos, after they knew they had the wrong person they told me I wasn't allowed to fly there.  I pointed out that there were no restrictions per the faa and I could legally fly there.  Sometimes you can't win with local police and it's not worth fighting them.
2018-12-20
Use props
SITKAMICK
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 12-20 13:11
If running an iOS device and build 11 or higher (if my memory is working) then you can enable 'screen recording' which is a function of iOS that can be added to the slide up control panel. Which will show exactly what has been displayed on your screen during flight. No need for additional Apps if this is available.

How does one enable screen recording? I’ve not been able to find it.
2018-12-20
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

98% of people you encounter are accepting and curious and have no issue . 1% never going to change their mind they hate you and your drone and pathological and irrational,  and 1% where they are unhappy but concerned but showing them proof of something will change them...  

I tend to not show anyone anything if they demanding anything or if they come to me accusing because they are the 1% that nothing going to change their mind anyway they are already in an irrational state of mind.  You can decide if packing up and leaving is better or ignoring them/calling the police on them is better.  

If the person comes over concerned but not shouting accusations but just upset, these are the people I show my screen to and explain myself to as they are just concerned, and not specially accusing you of wrong doing.  Again if your not comfortable then don’t interact..  but these are the people I like changing their mind to become the 98% who accept it and see it as useful and non threatening and easy and fun.

I used to record my screen for this very reason, including audio however I decided probably just better since I’m recording the video and photos on my drone already and also using local caching on my phones and devices I probably already have enough if needed.  
2018-12-20
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 12-20 17:16
Similarily to build some good will.  I have asked a couple of neighbors if they would like some non-professional aerial photos of their property - for free.  If they says yes, then I ask for permission to fly over their property.  Followed up with, rough date and time, how long, and if there is something particular they would like photographed.  

No, nos - thus far.

Yes, exactly.
I have made some nice contacts this way.
2018-12-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SITKAMICK Posted at 12-20 22:39
How does one enable screen recording? I’ve not been able to find it.

Fairly straightforward, but you must be running iOS 11 or later:-

Launch Settings, and select Control Centre.
Select Customise Controls
Scroll down in the list and add Screen Recording.
Close Settings.

On my iPad pro control centre is launched by swiping down with one finger from top right of screen, on my iPad 6s+ swipe up from the bottom of screen.
2018-12-21
Use props
BumblerBee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

[view_image]

This is probably the best answer.
In the DJI Go 4 app go to "Me"-> "Flight records"
2018-12-21
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

SITKAMICK Posted at 12-20 09:17
I’m curious if it would do the same for video?

No..   It just shows a picture icon at the point you started the video.  As others say, if someone really wants to know what you got you can download from the craft on the spot after you land.
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Hope you'll get the best feedback with regards to your query. I would recommend flying in an open area and always follow our local policy when flying the drone. Thank you for continued support and have a safe flight.
2018-12-21
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

When I was going to fly somewhere with the potential of having an audience, I used to carry a small TV and an Apple TV box that I ran off a 110V inverter. Then cast the iPad mini 4 to it. People thought it was pretty cool  It got to where it was more trouble than it was worth so I stopped doing it.
We still do it when we're doing something for the rescue squad, but not just for the heck of it.

2018-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules