Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
I think I'll keep it, and this is why...
881 6 2018-12-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bsmpower
lvl.2
Netherlands

Last couple of days I was in real doubt if I should keep the Osmo Pocket or change it for a GoPro 7 Black (the only alternative based on size, functionalities and price?). Mainly because I read all the bad comments about focus pumping and a lot other (small) issues. I still think a lot of the problems mentioned can be fixed by firmware updates. We are just the early adapters and unfortunately we have to feel some 'growing pains'?

So, I went watching comparison movies on Youtube between the Osmo Pocket and GoPro Hero 7 Black and came across this one who made me decide to keep my Osmo Pocket. I think the Osmo Pocket looks a lot more cinematic where the GoPro looks like a handheld mobile phone. Also I personally don't like the spherical look of it. Just my 2 cents

2018-12-19
Use props
SolusTravels
lvl.1
Singapore

I agree with you. A 3-axis stabilizer provides stability for wider and more aggressive movements. Plus, I see that the GoPro 7 loses its stability when in low lighting conditions.

My initial plan was to actually purchase a GoPro 6 as I was under the impression that it would be cheaper because of the launch of 7. However, it seems that all the 6s are no longer in the stores.

So I settled with the osmo pocket. =D
2018-12-20
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent video
2018-12-20
Use props
Vermifuge
lvl.3
United States

Wow the GoPro Hero 7 falls apart in low light
2018-12-20
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Totally in agreement with your conclusion.  Two devices with (mostly) different purposes/adaptions.  I wouldn't take an OP snowboarding or waterskiing, and I'd feel a little silly holding a GoPro in front of me doing a walking blog post bounce-bounce-bouce-bounce!).
2018-12-20
Use props
arthurbikemad
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49954 ft
United Kingdom

I have two Black 7's and the OP.

Trust me in any mode the OP is a winner, low light the Hero7 is like a 5 year old mobile phone!

As an action camera the Hero7 is awesome, I think the OP would last one lap on my bike! There is no way the OP will do the job of the Go pro in an action environment, the whole gimbal style of the OP creates wonderful footage, given it's size and price I think it's great, the EIS of the Hero7 is great but it lacks the magic of a gimbal.

If DJI can get the firmware up to spec the OP stands to be even better.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Thank you all for your support to Osmo Pocket, each product has its own advantages, so does the GoPro. We care much about your feedback about our products and will keep optimizing Osmo Pocket to make your experience with us better, please note the future firmware and APP update, thank you again.
2018-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules