Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI refusing to refund a cancelled order ....
2268 20 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jeffuk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Extremely dissapointing.

I was an early order customer which I placed to DJI via Amazon.  Placed via Amazon because I had a trip that might have clashed with a delivery date and I needed a safe and easy  process to cancel the order.  I asked DJI to confirm when roughly they were sending them but instead of answering they directed me to ask Amazon when it transpired they knew full well that they would not be sending stock to Amazon to fullfill but sending them from China, something not mentioned on the Amazon listing which clearly had it as a Prime delivered item fullfilled by Amazon a misrepresentation that breaks Amazon rules.

To cut a long story short after others started receiving theirs and other UK retailers receiving stock I cancelled the Amazon order and ordered the OP from a UK dealer and it was delivered the following day, literally around 8 hours after I ordered it.  Several days after cancelling the order I received an email from DJI, having explained clearly that I now had the OP and was using it and had already bought it and wished to cancel the order they told me that they had sent it and asked again that I wished to cance causing a further delay.  If they had actioned my original request when they received it then they wouldn't have sent it from China to the UK.  

DJI flatly refused to refund the item and to take responsibility for their error and delay, until it had been returned to them even though it was DJI that had caused the problem. It travelled from China to the EU DHL hub then to Heathrow UK and then to our local regional DHL hub and a then a delivery agent and delivery was attempted which we declined as instructed by DJI.  I aksed DJI to refund the item again now that tracking showed we had refused delivery as DHL was under DJI's control and not ours.  Several days ago the DHL tracking shows that DJI have received it back.  

I have asked DJI repeatedly to simply confirm that it will refund me but they sent me patronising expressions of sorrow for the inconvenience they had caused me, they flatly  refused to refund and they now simply ignore my requests, still have my cash, have the OP back safely with them and I have now to call my credit card and raise a chargeback to get my refund which will take months to resolve.  This is not what a customer should have to go through when DJI have messed up.

With all of the other false promises about the function of the OP, the faulty AFC  and about the missing app functions I feel that it is a shame that such a potentially exquisite piece of engineering kit is let down by such appalling customer service.

2018-12-20
Use props
mareklew
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4026 ft
United States

You call Amazon. Pretty much that should be the end of it.
2018-12-20
Use props
Cameleon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

Was it through Amazon or Amazon market place? If via Amazon direct then you can cancel on their site and its all good, but marketplace is a right faff. I made this mistake before not realising it. I feel that CC chargeback will be the only way if DJI aren't playing ball. Very disappointing but from what I've seen, to be expected. I will be buying from local retailers from now on to avoid this kind of problem.  
2018-12-20
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Cameleon Posted at 12-20 03:00
Was it through Amazon or Amazon market place? If via Amazon direct then you can cancel on their site and its all good, but marketplace is a right faff. I made this mistake before not realising it. I feel that CC chargeback will be the only way if DJI aren't playing ball. Very disappointing but from what I've seen, to be expected. I will be buying from local retailers from now on to avoid this kind of problem.

It was originally listed when I ordered it as being fullfilled by Amazon ie using Prime but then it was subsequentlky changed later, presumably by DJI. I presumed that market place traders could not change retrospectively orders already placed but this is what they were able to do.

I have been in contact with Amazon twice and I'm waiting to hear from them.  Normally they are excellent.
2018-12-20
Use props
mareklew
lvl.1
United States

Jeffuk Posted at 12-20 03:11
It was originally listed when I ordered it as being fullfilled by Amazon ie using Prime but then it was subsequentlky changed later, presumably by DJI. I presumed that market place traders could not change retrospectively orders already placed but this is what they were able to do.

I have been in contact with Amazon twice and I'm waiting to hear from them.  Normally they are excellent.

It doesn't matter what it was listed as later, what matters is under what conditions did you order it. Check your order confirmation to be sure. Orders fulfilled by Amazon are in a much better situation. I had this once with a laptop hard drive I bought as 'new' which turned out to be a refurbished unit (i.e. instead of 5 years of warranty only 6 months or so). The seller ignored all requests, Amazon refunded it even before my call with them ended, stating they have means of extracting that money from a misbehaving seller. A piece of advice: you don't write with Amazon, you call them, at least in Germany. The calls are processed by a local call center, the mails run round trip through India, guessing by the flavor of English used in responses.
2018-12-20
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

mareklew Posted at 12-20 03:55
It doesn't matter what it was listed as later, what matters is under what conditions did you order it. Check your order confirmation to be sure. Orders fulfilled by Amazon are in a much better situation. I had this once with a laptop hard drive I bought as 'new' which turned out to be a refurbished unit (i.e. instead of 5 years of warranty only 6 months or so). The seller ignored all requests, Amazon refunded it even before my call with them ended, stating they have means of extracting that money from a misbehaving seller. A piece of advice: you don't write with Amazon, you call them, at least in Germany. The calls are processed by a local call center, the mails run round trip through India, guessing by the flavor of English used in responses.

Thanks.  

I have just heard from Amazon that they are issuing a refund (if I understood the note correctly) and they have reveiwed themany  coms sent to DJI and see that they haven't responded and have therefore sent the issue which was fully documented to their marketplace trader review team.

My post was more to alert others about what may be even more problematic when ordering direct from DJI and without the Amazon protection.  In the UK all my previous coms with Amazon has been answered within a few minutes and I prefer to have a written coms trail rather than telephone.
2018-12-20
Use props
mareklew
lvl.1
United States

Jeffuk Posted at 12-20 04:11
Thanks.  

I have just heard from Amazon that they are issuing a refund (if I understood the note correctly) and they have reveiwed themany  coms sent to DJI and see that they haven't responded and have therefore sent the issue which was fully documented to their marketplace trader review team.

I can fully understand your wish to have promises in writing, I was just telling, that in my case it was most often the ACTIONS that happened before the call ended, so the written trail was pretty much unfolding in front of my eyes in my account history. Whichever way, it's important to get protected, by Amazon, by .... or similar third-party service.
2018-12-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Jeffuk Posted at 12-20 03:11

I too bought early through Amazon UK and can confirm it did state it was going through Amazon although I can't confirm whether it said prime or not. It was changed within a couple of weeks after the Osmo Pocket ordering page was removed entirely from the Amazon site for at least a week before re-appearing as being ordered through Dji UK. Eventually, after being shipped from China to Heathrow only took about three days via the Netherlands, and was shipped from Heathrow to local delivery depots with 24 hours where the orders sat for three days before delivery in my instance.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Jeffuk, we are so sorry to read on your pleasant experience with Amazon, but glad to see they are issuing a refund. Just to verify, was the Osmo Pocket ordered from Amazon DJI Official store: https://www.amazon.com/stores/pa ... -AD23-3C56F28F254C? If yes, may we have the order number so that we can check more details? If not the official store, could you please provide us the name of the store and their contact info? I apologize in advance if I misunderstood something.
2018-12-20
Use props
Cameleon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 60394 ft
United Kingdom

As Jeff is in the UK, I'm guessing it was via the DJI Official Store (Europe)  
2018-12-20
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-20 05:16
Hi Jeffuk, we are so sorry to read on your pleasant experience with Amazon, but glad to see they are issuing a refund. Just to verify, was the Osmo Pocket ordered from Amazon DJI Official store: https://www.amazon.com/stores/page/A2F1C74C-8865-4820-AD23-3C56F28F254C? If yes, may we have the order number so that we can check more details? If not the official store, could you please provide us the name of the store and their contact info? I apologize in advance if I misunderstood something.

I have PM'ed you .... still no refund and DJI not responding to my requests for a refund.
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Jeffuk Posted at 12-23 02:50
I have PM'ed you .... still no refund and DJI not responding to my requests for a refund.

Hi there, kindly check your PM we sent you a message. Thank you.
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jeffuk Posted at 12-23 02:50

Hi Jeffuk, your PM has been received, I have confirmed with the related team that the warehouse is verifying the package, we will have someone to inform you of the result very soon, please wait patiently and I will also keep an eye on it. Thank you.
2018-12-24
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-24 01:03
Hi Jeffuk, your PM has been received, I have confirmed with the related team that the warehouse is verifying the package, we will have someone to inform you of the result very soon, please wait patiently and I will also keep an eye on it. Thank you.
DJI Diana Posted at 12-23 09:37
Hi there, kindly check your PM we sent you a message. Thank you.

DJIMindy and DJI Susan,

I am requesting that you escalate this to a senior manager because this is clearly unfair and NOT progressing.  To remind you.

1. After being misled about delivery, DJI despatched this item AFTER it had been cancelled and after I had purchased the Pocket in the UK.
2. DJI then caused further delays and failed to stop the item being sent out of China and failed to stop an attempt at delivery.
3.  I did exactly as requested by DJI and rejected the delivery.  This is confirmed on the DHL manifest that DJI can see and that I sent you. The manifest also confirms that DJI has signed for it on return on 18th December.  You and DJI can see this.
4.  DHL does not "work" for me but DJI and even if there was something wrong with the item returned this is not an issue I would be either responsible for or could resolve; only DJI could.

This issue has been going on since 10th December and the item was received by by DJI on 18th December. There is no justificantion and it is not fair that DJI has failed to arrange the refund.

Please forward this to a senior DJI manager and ask them to confirm the above facts have been verified and that a refund has been arranged.  Any reasonable person can see that I have been patient but have been treated grossly unfairly and DJI are wrongly retaining my money without any just cause.  

You said that you would try to help - and I am asking you for that help.
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jeffuk Posted at 12-24 01:30
DJIMindy and DJI Susan,

I am requesting that you escalate this to a senior manager because this is clearly unfair and NOT progressing.  To remind you.

We apologize again for the whole unpleasant experience with us, your concern has been escalated to the higher team for attention, the refund will be arranged as long as we verify the package you returned and the warehouse is working on it, we will do our best to help, please allow us more time, sorry again for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your understanding.
2018-12-24
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-24 03:43
We apologize again for the whole unpleasant experience with us, your concern has been escalated to the higher team for attention, the refund will be arranged as long as we verify the package you returned and the warehouse is working on it, we will do our best to help, please allow us more time, sorry again for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your understanding.

DJMindy,  

I did not "return" it as you say because  I have never touched the item as shown very clearly on the DHL manifest.  The delivery was rejected as I was instructed by DJI after it sent it when the order was cancelled.  DJI can very clearly see from the DHL manifest that the delivery was rejected and therefore the item untouched and can also see clearly that it is now in DJI's possession. What more does DJI possibly need?  I cancelled this two weeks ago and DJI can see from the DHL manifest that it has had the item back now for nearly a week.

I have been extremely patient. There really can be no justification for not refunding this without any further delay.  You have the DHL tracking which shows you all this.  Are you waiting to see if DJI have lost it?  Why?   Please explain to me plainly why DJI need more time and the reasons why an immediate refund is being refused.  This is not acceptable.
2018-12-24
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Jeffuk Posted at 12-24 05:19
DJMindy,  

I did not "return" it as you say because  I have never touched the item as shown very clearly on the DHL manifest.  The delivery was rejected as I was instructed by DJI after it sent it when the order was cancelled.  DJI can very clearly see from the DHL manifest that the delivery was rejected and therefore the item untouched and can also see clearly that it is now in DJI's possession. What more does DJI possibly need?  I cancelled this two weeks ago and DJI can see from the DHL manifest that it has had the item back now for nearly a week.

You couldn't make this stuff up.  

"Dear Jeff,

Greeting from DJI Official Store.

Happy holidays!

The package was received as per courier website.

We will push our return facility to check for further confirmation and let you know in the first place once they get back to work.

Hopefully, may you kindly withdraw the claim since we are fully supporting you actively?

Thank you for your help. For further questions, please feel free to reach us. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Thank you for choosing DJI. Have a nice day!

Best regards,

xxx
DJI Official Store "

This saga has been going on now for nearly three weeks and still no refund or even a promise of a refund but they 'will push our return facility to check for further confirmation and let you know in the first place once they get back to work." but want me to cancel the Amazon claim as they are 'supporting me actively'  What a joke.
2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Jeffuk Posted at 12-25 02:20
You couldn't make this stuff up.  

"Dear Jeff,

Jeffuk, the refund can only be arranged once the warehouse confirms the package which was returned is fine, we have pushed the warehouse again to expedite the confirmation process, thanks for your understanding.
2018-12-25
Use props
Jeffuk
lvl.3

United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-25 05:01
Jeffuk, the refund can only be arranged once the warehouse confirms the package which was returned is fine, we have pushed the warehouse again to expedite the confirmation process, thanks for your understanding.

DJMindy,

Perhaps you missed the comment in your colleagues note.

>>The package was received as per courier website.<<

and your DHL tracking manifest clearly states:

12Recipient refused deliveryREADING - UK

So far as it is being 'fine or not' - the condition of the item has nothing at all to do with me as I am sure you understand.  We have never touched the item.  If there is anything wrong with it it is an issue between you and your carrier.  This fact would be absolutely clear to anyone and everyone other than it seems to DJI and it's people.  The fact that DJI persists with this position and has refused to make the refund for a problem totally of DJI's cause should be a warning to others.

2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeffuk Posted at 12-25 05:28
DJMindy,

Thanks for the clarification. We'll double check with the team and will come back later.
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jeffuk Posted at 12-25 05:28
DJMindy,

Hi Jeff, I just got an update from the team that your order has been refunded. You may check the status later and confirm, thank you!
2018-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules