Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Osmo Pocket pains
1835 11 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gioan
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36860 ft
United States

Greetings,

Just got my Osmo Pocket, having ordered straight from DJI store (in USA).  Activation, so far, from a Pixel2 xl (on compatibility list), a Galaxy S9, and (for entertainment purposes) an iPad Mini...all fail.  no error message, just the "Activating" and "Reigster device information on server" endless wait.  Battery on osmo eventually dies.

Tried both wifi and LTE/Cellular, with / without SD Card, same results, paperweight without activation.

Suggestions?
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Gioan, we apologize for the trouble on activating the Osmo Pocket, did you try a different email account? If the issue persists, may I have the screenshot the error message and the serial number of your device? Thank you.
2018-12-20
Use props
nisekorunner
lvl.1

Japan

I am having the same problem...just stays on the activation page until eventually the Osmo Pocket turns off.
Seen this in lots of places - what's the solution? Can't activate = can't use.
2018-12-20
Use props
nisekorunner
lvl.1

Japan

You had any useful solution for this yet? I've tried turning on and off, doing while charging... with/without SD card. Nothing works.
2018-12-20
Use props
nisekorunner
lvl.1

Japan

You had any useful solution for this yet? I've tried turning on and off, doing while charging... with/without SD card. Nothing works.
2018-12-20
Use props
Gioan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-20 05:03
Hi Gioan, we apologize for the trouble on activating the Osmo Pocket, did you try a different email account? If the issue persists, may I have the screenshot the error message and the serial number of your device? Thank you.

I only have one email on my dji account, gioan@yahoo.com.  The serial is 0W7DF8J0220656.  There is no error message, it just never concludes until the battery on the Osmo dies.
2018-12-20
Use props
Gioan
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-20 05:03
Hi Gioan, we apologize for the trouble on activating the Osmo Pocket, did you try a different email account? If the issue persists, may I have the screenshot the error message and the serial number of your device? Thank you.

Hi,

1) your Manhattan NY "DJI Experience" store stated "We are not DJI, just a reseller, so we cannot replace the device."  Wonderful, I had no idea that the proudly corporate-branded store with only the DJI products for sale, ISN'T DJI supposedly.  Terrible customer service either way.
2) they also tried activating the Osmo Pocket, using what looked like a Iphone 6s.  Same results, no error message, but no activation.  
3) Tried creating a new account with another email, same results, no activation.
4) Tried uninstall the Play store app, and loading the one from your website, same results, no activation
5) unless you can fix this issue I'd like a new replacement ASAP or my money back.  I'm tired of wasting my time with this.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Gioan Posted at 12-20 19:35
Hi,

1) your Manhattan NY "DJI Experience" store stated "We are not DJI, just a reseller, so we cannot replace the device."  Wonderful, I had no idea that the proudly corporate-branded store with only the DJI products for sale, ISN'T DJI supposedly.  Terrible customer service either way.

Sorry to know the issue persists and your reseller cannot replace the device, please contact our support team www.dji.com/support to start a ticket and send in for the replacement service, thank you.
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

nisekorunner Posted at 12-20 07:55
You had any useful solution for this yet? I've tried turning on and off, doing while charging... with/without SD card. Nothing works.

Hi nisekorunner, sorry to know you have the same issue, it is recommended to contact your reseller to replace the device.
2018-12-21
Use props
fans03773217
New
Flight distance : 239209 ft
United States

My brand new Osmo Pocket does not work properly in time lapse mode. I set up two different points in path and start recording. It won’t move to point one. It just records in place. It takes a photo every 3 seconds but never moves. This happens about 80% of the time. I did get it to work twice. Not really usable at this point.
2019-5-20
Use props
fans03773217
New
Flight distance : 239209 ft
United States

fans03773217 Posted at 5-20 21:33
My brand new Osmo Pocket does not work properly in time lapse mode. I set up two different points in path and start recording. It won’t move to point one. It just records in place. It takes a photo every 3 seconds but never moves. This happens about 80% of the time. I did get it to work twice. Not really usable at this point.

Correction the two times I thought it worked didn’t actually record a video. I did a firmware upgrade, formatted card, and calibrated gimbal. Same results after testing several times: no movement from the path points.
2019-5-21
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Time lapse mode not equivalent Motion time lapse!!

Only on motion time lapse mode turn the camera!
2019-5-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules