2489 7 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JPW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9426 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have a Ronin-S with a Sony A7III. When the Ronin-S is connected to the new focus motor (2006) by itself, it works great. I can do a calibration and the "F" led is green. After connecting the MCC camera cable, and the camera turned on, the focus wheel operates zoom instead and the focus motor "F" led turns red and stops working.

Ideally I want to be able to control the camera start/stop from the gimbal, while operating the focus motor since there is still no ability to control focus with Sony bodies over USB. Right now, I have to disconnect the MCC cable and physically press record on the camera.

2018-12-20
Use props
yogafilm38
lvl.2
Austria

>Right now, I have to disconnect the MCC cable and physically press record on the camera.
Oh no, this is awkward.

Sony A7iii should not loose the functionality of start/stop recording and possibly keep spot autofocus as well.
I am also thinking to get the DJI Ronin-S Focus Motor. But keeping this functionality is a must!
2018-12-21
Use props
haell
lvl.4
Sweden

I have the A7R3 and the DJI Focus motor, but I dont have the issues you are describing with the MCC cable connected. As long as I have all the cables connected before starting the Ronin-s, and a starting the camera  after the Ronin-S that is...
2018-12-22
Use props
yogafilm38
lvl.2
Austria

Where did you get the Focus Motor 2006 (new motor)?
2018-12-22
Use props
yogafilm38
lvl.2
Austria

Ok I found it at resellers with the name DJI Ronin-S Focus Motor. It was just gone from the DJI website.
And this review: youtube.com/watch?v=Bg-owcqxl9Q
2018-12-24
Use props
LondonDrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6989583 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you ever get this working? having the same issue
2019-3-8
Use props
JPW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9426 ft
  • >>>
Canada

LondonDrone Posted at 3-8 08:54
Did you ever get this working? having the same issue

There is no solution to this so far. Once you connect the Sony MCC cable, the focus wheel changes its operation to zoom and the focus motor led turns red and becomes disabled.

I've had to either leave the Sony MCC cable disconnected and press record on the camera to start/stop recording to be able to operate the focus motor with the focus wheel.

OR

Don't bother with the focus wheel/focus motor altogether and leave the camera in C-AF to be able to operate start/stop with the gimbal and the MCC cable.

If DJI doesn't plan on being able to control focus on Sony bodies via USB, at least patch the Ronin-S firmware to allow the focus motor to work while the Sony MCC cable is connected simultaneously so I don't have to reach up to the camera to start/stop each time.
2019-3-8
Use props
Got1Fishing
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112979 ft
United States

Is there a solution for this yet?
2019-3-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules