Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Help! My ronin is making a nasty sound and won't stay stable!
1927 13 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BJ42
lvl.2

United States

Question, so I bought a ronin s, but I'm getting shake/jitters when using it. I asked Parker's FTF community which I'm apart of and they said this wasn't normal. I updated the firmwares, made sure it was balanced properly over and over, but before I sent it back and replaced, I wanted to know from a representative/dji employee if this is normal?  They said I shouldn't have to rely on ibis to get it smooth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZPZ6zSkkNc

It also does a nasty hissing sound whenever I playback videos on my sony a6500 or go into 60fps recording mode (its on airplane mode and not even connected to the gimbal electronically or by any wires). Is this normal, and does it damage the motors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEm8jDsUGII
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry for the late response and the troubles with tilt axis, may I verify the following info?
1. What lens are you using? Did you try a different lens?
2. Do all the knobs have been tightened?
3. Did you mount the camera mounting plate and the lens support?
4. Please make the Auto Tune after you balance the axes in the APP.
5. Please tilt the device 45°, then check if the Power value of every motor is in the range of +/-5. If not, the device will need to be balanced again.
2018-12-24
Use props
BJ42
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-24 02:41
Hi there, sorry for the late response and the troubles with tilt axis, may I verify the following info?
1. What lens are you using? Did you try a different lens?
2. Do all the knobs have been tightened?

1. Yes
2. Yes, they have all been tightened
3. Yes, I even tried it without the lens support to see if that was the problem.
4. already did autotune (do it every time I make a new change)
5. I'll check that, but I don't think that's the problem as when I tilt it it doesn't sway or move.

I just need to know from your engineers if the noise problem is bad for the motors and why its doing that in the first place. And if this footage here is normal?

2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BJ42 Posted at 12-24 08:57
1. Yes
2. Yes, they have all been tightened
3. Yes, I even tried it without the lens support to see if that was the problem.

Could you please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered? Please press 'More' and show us the whole settings and the Smooth Track settings as well? We will verify with our engineers, thank you in advance.
2018-12-27
Use props
BJ42
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-27 01:27
Could you please share us the screenshot of the Parameter Settings in the APP when the gimbal is centered? Please press 'More' and show us the whole settings and the Smooth Track settings as well? We will verify with our engineers, thank you in advance.

Yep, will do when I get back home. I don't have the gimbal with me right now, but once I get home I'll send it.
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BJ42 Posted at 12-27 13:07
Yep, will do when I get back home. I don't have the gimbal with me right now, but once I get home I'll send it.

Thanks for your time and assistance, look forward to your update.
2018-12-28
Use props
BJ42
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-28 03:40
Thanks for your time and assistance, look forward to your update.

Here is the video with 16mm vs 35mm just in case you wanted to see it.

Here are the pics

Smooth track for tilt and roll are off on that mode. If you need more screenshots let me know
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BJ42 Posted at 12-28 11:54
Here is the video with 16mm vs 35mm just in case you wanted to see it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKtDzLaw_-I&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for the screenshot, the issue will be forwarded to our engineers for further verification, I will come back to you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-12-30
Use props
BJ42
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-30 01:48
Thanks for the screenshot, the issue will be forwarded to our engineers for further verification, I will come back to you soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

Cool, thank you very much
2018-12-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BJ42 Posted at 2018-12-31 06:21
Cool, thank you very much

Hi BJ42, thanks for your patience, I have verified with our engineers, it is recommended to turn off the SmoothTrack of Roll, and then set the Smoothtrack value of Pan to 15, 10, 15. When walking, please tilt the gimbal a little bit forward and then walk in Ninjia.

For the motor sound when playback, could you please try to turn off the Optical image stabilization of your lens and camera to see if the issue persists? Or please try to unplug the cable to see if it works, thank you.
2019-1-2
Use props
BJ42
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-2 01:49
Hi BJ42, thanks for your patience, I have verified with our engineers, it is recommended to turn off the SmoothTrack of Roll, and then set the Smoothtrack value of Pan to 15, 10, 15. When walking, please tilt the gimbal a little bit forward and then walk in Ninjia.

For the motor sound when playback, could you please try to turn off the Optical image stabilization of your lens and camera to see if the issue persists? Or please try to unplug the cable to see if it works, thank you.

Hi Mindy thank you for helping me out! I will try those settings and see if that fixes the problem, as for the sound, I don't think I can turn off the lens' O.S.S. but I believe even when I used canon glass the problem still arose. But I will try it out. Also, there aren't any cables connected to the gimbal.

I guess my question is, does going into playback mode cause damage to the motors since it's making that noise?
2019-1-2
Use props
BJ42
lvl.2

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-2 01:49

Hi Mindy, I tried the parameters/settings your engineers recommended on pan smooth track but it didn't work.  Also, I tried a different lens without O.S.S. and it still gave the noise when I went to playback. Thanks for getting back to me , but I think at this point I'm just going to return the gimbal and see if its just a faulty unit.

I'll keep you updated when I get the replacement and see if that changes anything (hopefully it does).
2019-1-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BJ42 Posted at 1-2 15:09
Hi Mindy, I tried the parameters/settings your engineers recommended on pan smooth track but it didn't work.  Also, I tried a different lens without O.S.S. and it still gave the noise when I went to playback. Thanks for getting back to me , but I think at this point I'm just going to return the gimbal and see if its just a faulty unit.

I'll keep you updated when I get the replacement and see if that changes anything (hopefully it does).

Alright, then please send in the device to our repair center for a thorough evaluation, if you need any further assistance during this process, please keep me updated any time.
2019-1-2
Use props
aronlanter95
lvl.1
Flight distance : 29396 ft
Italy

Hi, Mindy. I have the same problem as BJ42. I have already sent Ronin twice to the Netherlands for European assistance. They told me that there is no problem. It is not possible. I followed practically any tutorial on the internet. I calibrated the ronin perfectly and I still have some micromovements as I walk. I have the latest software update. I do not know what to do. Thanks for your help
2019-1-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules