Choose GameSir T1s, and NOT T1d
32162 25 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

If you plan to buy a controller from GameSir, go for the T1s enhanced model!

I first bought the T1d, but it turned out you can't use it with enything else, but Tello. The controller had a good ergonomics and the build, but it would not pair with the phone or anyhting else - it could only be connected to from within the Tello app.

After some research, I bought T1s, which I recieved yesterday (will be returning T1d to the store).

It works with Tello - you first pair it with the phone, then connect from within the Tello app, at which point it switches to the X-mode
It works with the iPhone - once Bluetooth paired, it is recognised as a keyboard
It works with Android - not tested, as I don't have A-phones
It works with a PC (by either using a cable or an included USB dongle) - in two modes: as an XBox controller (i.e. a joystick, which I configured fly XPlane on the HTPC mcachine) or as a keyboard/mouse (the latter did not work that well. EDIT: in this mode Win7 recognised it as a joystick as well, but with a slightly different layout).

All in all, GameSir T1s is a much better choice, even if you initially only plan to fly Tello.

2018-12-20
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Great to know that, thanks for sharing  the information
2018-12-21
Use props
sthsth
lvl.2

Bulgaria

Could anyone confirm that GameSir T1s controller works with official Tello app on iPhone ?
2019-1-2
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Norway

sthsth Posted at 1-2 23:04
Could anyone confirm that GameSir T1s controller works with official Tello app on iPhone ?

Yes, it works with the official Tello app on iPhone.
That is part of the reason I started this thread ;)
2019-1-4
Use props
sthsth
lvl.2

Bulgaria

BumblerBee Posted at 1-4 15:25
Yes, it works with the official Tello app on iPhone.
That is part of the reason I started this thread ;)

Have you tried to connect it by lightning OTG cable to the iPhone in order to bypass the bluetooth and WiFi interference?
2019-1-4
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Norway

sthsth Posted at 1-4 23:01
Have you tried to connect it by lightning OTG cable to the iPhone in order to bypass the bluetooth and WiFi interference?

No, I haven't tried that. My hunch is that it won't work, as the app expects a BT connection. I can try it later (don't have Tello with me now) with a Mavic OTG cable.
As for the interference, I bought a Wi-Fi range extender  to combat that and to, well, increase the fight range.
2019-1-5
Use props
sthsth
lvl.2

Bulgaria

BumblerBee Posted at 1-5 10:59
No, I haven't tried that. My hunch is that it won't work, as the app expects a BT connection. I can try it later (don't have Tello with me now) with a Mavic OTG cable.
As for the interference, I bought a Wi-Fi range extender  to combat that and to, well, increase the fight range.

For example Gamevice controller is using lightning cable and is recognized by iphone Tello app. I also use WiFi repeater (Xiaomi Mi WiFi repeater 2) otherwise the Tello connection & control quickly becomes unstable and the drone video is unusable.
2019-1-5
Use props
fansc7b52934
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1796581 ft
United States

Can anyone tell me if the t1s also works with Android?
2019-1-6
Use props
sthsth
lvl.2

Bulgaria

fansc7b52934 Posted at 1-6 22:47

T1S works primary with Android both by bluetooth and wired vs OTG cable.
2019-1-7
Use props
fansc01be532
lvl.1
Flight distance : 102264 ft
United States

Got a T1s from Amazon today. Works fine with Tello on Samsung S9+ android phone.  I have a T1d as well.  Both work the same.
2019-1-9
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Norway

sthsth Posted at 1-5 14:00
For example Gamevice controller is using lightning cable and is recognized by iphone Tello app. I also use WiFi repeater (Xiaomi Mi WiFi repeater 2) otherwise the Tello connection & control quickly becomes unstable and the drone video is unusable.

About OTG. The OTG lightning cable from Mavic Pro did not fit into the MicroUSB connector of the GameSir controller. DJI made qa square "propriotary" MicroUSB connector for Mavic, so that both regular and OTG MicroUSB contactconnectors would fit into the MAvic controller side port, but the OTG conenctor would not fit into the regular MicroUSB contact (such as the one present on GameSir).

I can probably make it work with a bunch of adapters, but that would be pricy. Or I can polish off two of the corners on the Mavic OTG cable to make it fit into the Regular MicroUSB (I don't use Mavic's OTG anyway, seeing as it is much better to use the Phantom OTG on the second Mavic controller USB A port)
2019-1-24
Use props
sthsth
lvl.2

Bulgaria

BumblerBee Posted at 1-24 03:47
About OTG. The OTG lightning cable from Mavic Pro did not fit into the MicroUSB connector of the GameSir controller. DJI made qa square "propriotary" MicroUSB connector for Mavic, so that both regular and OTG MicroUSB contactconnectors would fit into the MAvic controller side port, but the OTG conenctor would not fit into the regular MicroUSB contact (such as the one present on GameSir).

I can probably make it work with a bunch of adapters, but that would be pricy. Or I can polish off two of the corners on the Mavic OTG cable to make it fit into the Regular MicroUSB (I don't use Mavic's OTG anyway, seeing as it is much better to use the Phantom OTG on the second Mavic controller USB A port)

I already tried it ( iPhine 7 Plus + OTG cable + T1S controller) and iPhone complains that there is not enough power to support this device. I will try with another one which has a separate power input.
2019-1-26
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Norway

sthsth Posted at 1-26 00:31
I already tried it ( iPhine 7 Plus + OTG cable + T1S controller) and iPhone complains that there is not enough power to support this device. I will try with another one which has a separate power input.

Thanks for the heads-up.
That sounds about right as the port on the controller is used both for charding and for data communication with PC, so it probably tries to draw up to 2A from the phone as well.
2019-1-28
Use props
ghale
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1801362 ft
Italy

Sorry to bother you. I'm a real beginner. I've bought on Amazon T1d but is not yet shipped. I'd like to use it for Tello, of course.
I need to understand, please, if buing T1s, I can connect it with an Android smartphone and to Tello, while using Xiaomi Wi-Fi Extender 2.
Does this configuration create interferences?
Can I connect T1s with OTG to Android smartphone?

If someone can answer me, I'll stop current order and buy a T1s.
Thanks in advance,
ghale
2019-1-29
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Norway

"if buing T1s, I can connect it with an Android smartphone and to Tello, while using Xiaomi Wi-Fi Extender 2". The answer is yes. Even thoug I use iPhone, T1S is more Android-friendly. Referencing fansc01be532's reply above, and my own experience with a Xiaomi extender.
"Does this configuration create interferences?" No. The extended is supposed to resolve some of the BT/Wi-Fi interference.
"Can I connect T1s with OTG to Android smartphone?" I don't know. Someone else has to chime in on this. Most probably, no.
2019-1-29
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

they just need to let stock app take wired t1d how hard is that?
2019-2-2
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Guorium Posted at 2-2 16:04
they just need to let stock app take wired t1d how hard is that?

Thanks for the valuable suggestion.  
We haven’t added [[FEATURE]] into it yet. But I think that’s an awesome idea and would like to pitch it to the team and see what they think. Should you have any other questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help. And have a fantastic Sunday!
2019-2-3
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Norway

RYZE Posted at 2-3 00:27
We haven’t added [[FEATURE]] into it yet. But I think that’s an awesome idea and would like to pitch it to the team and see what they think. Should you have any other questions, just let me know and I’ll be happy to help. And have a fantastic Sunday!

Hi, Ryze!

That would be, indeed, awesome if you could implement such feature. The only technical issue right now would be the controller trying to charge from the phone, but I think that could be pevented in software.

And while you are at it, let both t1d AND t1s communicate over the cable.

2019-2-4
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

BumblerBee Posted at 2-4 00:53
Hi, Ryze!

That would be, indeed, awesome if you could implement such feature. The only technical issue right now would be the controller trying to charge from the phone, but I think that could be pevented in software.

Noted Blumbler, warmly reminded that T1D is manufactured by gamesir. In regard to wired connection support on T1D and T1S, we also respectfully suggest you contact gamesir about the feasible on the controller itselft. Wish you a great day ahead.
2019-2-4
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

RYZE Posted at 2-4 15:46
Noted Blumbler, warmly reminded that T1D is manufactured by gamesir. In regard to wired connection support on T1D and T1S, we also respectfully suggest you contact gamesir about the feasible on the controller itselft. Wish you a great day ahead.

but tello app takes gamevice wired. it does not recognize other wired controllers. It is not gamesir's issue imo. I think the tello app just needs improvements. t1d maybe need to have cable communication unlocked too.
2019-2-4
Use props
Butterfingers
lvl.1

Australia

Just received my T1d model and it will not pair with my Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone or a J5Pro phone either. I received an error message saying "incorrect pin entered". Any suggestions/help would be appreciated!
2019-2-26
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Norway

Butterfingers Posted at 2-26 20:53
Just received my T1d model and it will not pair with my Samsung Galaxy S9+ phone or a J5Pro phone either. I received an error message saying "incorrect pin entered". Any suggestions/help would be appreciated!

T1d does not pair with the phones itself - you discover it from within the Tello app.

For phone pairing you need T1s (which is the topic of this thread ;) )
2019-2-27
Use props
jimw1956
lvl.1
United States

RYZE Posted at 2-3 00:27

This would be a major improvement. Bluetooth control is very harmful to the fpv feed and is very laggy.
2019-6-4
Use props
MD1
New

Netherlands

Can anyone tell me what is tello? And is it possible to play Minecraft with a gamesir T1d?
2021-3-23
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

MD1 Posted at 3-23 23:48
Can anyone tell me what is tello? And is it possible to play Minecraft with a gamesir T1d?

Dear,
Please click the following link to know Tello.
https://www.ryzerobotics.com/tello

Hope my reply could help you!
2021-3-25
Use props
fans9fce2aa4
New

Belgium

fansc7b52934 Posted at 2019-1-6 22:47

Hey,

It certainly does works (as confirmed a few times by others), but initially I couldn't get it to work.
I did see two game controllers listed in the Tello app until I unpaired the bluetooth connection between the two.
Then only a controller named 'GameSir T1CGM' remained (with the OTG cable connected).
After pressing that, the on-screen controls disappear and on the controller the rightmost led becomes a solid blue (an 'X' like symbol)
That's when I'm able to control the drone using the controller.
The T1CGM controller was also visible in the Tello App when the controller was connected through bluetooth only, so I wonder if I also have to select that connection type if wanting to fly using bluetooth only.

I noticed something weird though: the pitch of the drone is more inclined when close to the controller in a seemingly linear fashion, so when the drone is about 5 meters away, it barely tilts even with the pitch-lever fully trusted forward...

But, anyway, I hope this information helps someone
2022-8-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules