Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC 2 PRO CRASHES FIRST FLIGHT
94212 94212 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Flew all with all types of DJI drones, Phantom series, Inspire 1 and 2, Mavic, Mavic Air, and recently bought a Mavic 2 Pro. First flight ended in a crash and DJI tells us that there's no abnormallity during the flight. THE FUCKING DRONE FLIPS OVER AND CRASHED while flying in hyperlapse course mode. Here's what happened and what you should expect when you need some explaination and a solution for the financial damage! Response DJI: NO ABNORMALLITY DURING FLIGHT!
Starting point / drone is in GPS mode:
01 Starting point RTH.jpg

Flying towards hyperlapse mode / drone is in GPS mode:
02 flying in GPS mode.jpg

Drone has reached hyperlapse point / drone is starting hyperlapse / drone is in hyperlapse mode
03 starting point Hyperlapse.jpg

At the end of the hyperlapse course mode the problems start that caused the crash / drone is in hyperlapse mode.
Ignoring these warnings doesn't help this case!!!!
04 after switched IMU screen with warning.jpg

Remote controller disconnected / other warning signs / drone is in hyperlapse mode
05 remote disconnected.jpg

Last shot recorded before flipping over and crashing from 84,9 m. height and 124.7 m. distance.
06 last shot recorded.jpg

Again this is all perfectly normal for DJI so nothing to worry about! Drone at 84,9 H. at a distance of 124,7 and a sudden stop in flight recording, it's all okidoki BOB! System completely lost, IMU fuck up I guess, SENSOR? / COMPASS? Did you do the wacko compass dance before take off, YES I DID. IMU CALIBRATION? YES I DID. But this is all normal according to DJI and they offered me to buy a new one. ARE YOU TOTALLY INSANE OVER THERE???? My best advice GO SEE THE DOCTOR.

THIS IS HOW NORMAL SHOULD LOOK LIKE (only one of the hunderds of fights I've made)
: 07 normal flight.jpg

My lawer will contact you to inform you for upcoming lawsuit. Hope you have the same fucked up evening as I have!

04 after switched IMU screen with warning.jpg
2018-12-20
Use props
MarcelN
Captain
Flight distance : 2307733 ft
Netherlands

Vast een raket geweest van die jihadlui
2018-12-20
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
Flight distance : 12132231 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Mayby an idea to post your flightrecord on here?

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2018-12-20
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

I will get a beer first still need to cool off. My system is also in overload I guess....But Sparky, will check it out, 100%
2018-12-20
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

JJBspark Posted at 12-20 12:50
Hi,

Mayby an idea to post your flightrecord on here?

It's a Mavic 2 not a Phantom, but no worries thanks anyway.
2018-12-20
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer
United States

fans8a9d20dd Posted at 12-20 13:02

That site works just as well for Mavic logs, and nobody's going to be able to provide any real insight into what happened without the logs.

P.S. Threatening DJI with legal action isn't going to help. If you're really convinced that it was a malfunction then post the logs so that people here can support your contention.

2018-12-20
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

FORGOT TO MENTION, There's an eye witness that saw the complete freakshow including a perfectly performed flip over and crash. He told me that he is whiling to make a statement.
2018-12-20
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer
United States

fans8a9d20dd Posted at 12-20 13:08
FORGOT TO MENTION, There's an eye witness that saw the complete freakshow including a perfetly performed flip over and crash. He already  told me that he is whiling to make a statement.

People posting here that their DJI drone crashed through no fault of their own is pretty common, and sometimes they turn out to be right, but most of the time not. You're going to encounter a lot of skepticism unless you're willing to post the logs that will allow people to judge for themselves what happened.
2018-12-20
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gimpy Posted at 12-20 13:08
That site works just as well for Mavic logs, and nobody's going to be able to provide any real insight into what happened without the logs.

P.S. Threatening DJI with legal action isn't going to help. If you're really convinced that it was a malfunction then post the logs so that people here can support your contention.

Sorry my friend, still totally freaked out and a lawsuit will happen. Technical failure? I will eat my whole desk if not so. 100 %! An eye witness in combination with the word accident is not that strange in the Netherlands.
2018-12-20
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer
United States

fans8a9d20dd Posted at 12-20 13:13
Sorry my friend, still totally freaked out and a lawsuit will happen. Technical failure? I will eat my whole desk if not so. 100 %! An eye witness in combination with the word accident is not that strange in the Netherlands.

Does that mean you don't plan to post the log? What's to be freaked out about at this point if you got the drone back safely?

P.S. Let us know how that lawsuit thing turns out.
2018-12-20
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gimpy Posted at 12-20 13:10
People posting here that their DJI drone crashed through no fault of their own is pretty common, and sometimes they turn out to be right, but most of the time not. You're going to encounter a lot of skepticism unless you're willing to post the logs that will allow people to judge for themselves what happened.

honestly, I don't give a F*CK what they say. I've made so many flight hours that most of them will not even achieve in a whole lifetime, so let them comment it. It's fine. And Yeah I also had to pay some lessons and crashed a drone or two, but that was around 10 years ago and not even with a DJI drone.
2018-12-20
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gimpy Posted at 12-20 13:17
Does that mean you don't plan to post the log? What's to be freaked out about at this point if you got the drone back safely?

P.S. Let us know how that lawsuit thing turns out.

The drone has crashed Gimpy and I will upload the whole don't GO app if I have too. Lawsuit, yes I will give a heads up, even when I loose the case.
2018-12-20
Use props
Gimpy
Second Officer
United States

fans8a9d20dd Posted at 12-20 13:26
The drone has crashed Gimpy and I will upload the whole don't GO app if I have too. Lawsuit, yes I will give a heads up, even when I loose the case.

You certainly don't HAVE to (upload the log); my point was that you'll get a lot more support from those on this forum if you let people see for themselves what happened. Until / unless you do, most will go with the odds and assume that it was a case of pilot error, and refusing to post the log only reinforces that perception because it suggests you aren't convinced yourself. But again, it's ultimately your choice.
2018-12-20
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Gimpy Posted at 12-20 13:33
You certainly don't HAVE to (upload the log); my point was that you'll get a lot more support from those on this forum if you let people see for themselves what happened. Until / unless you do, most will go with the odds and assume that it was a case of pilot error, and refusing to post the log only reinforces that perception because it suggests you aren't convinced yourself. But again, it's ultimately your choice.

So you want to see the flightlog.txt correct? And yes it's my choice and it will be no secret. This flight log suddenly stops recording while the drone was at 84 m. height and 124 m. distance. You will see it yourself and already can see it in the flight pattern.
2018-12-20
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

FLIGHTLOG:

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... iCzRZUSDyyMK5uODoS9
2018-12-20
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

EXPORT LOG:

https://drive.google.com/open?id ... YyCsKjOWpOPeLyehB7o
2018-12-20
Use props
dronybaloney
Captain
Flight distance : 24452848 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

First of all , i would subscribe yourself for a course anger management.

Second : tell your so called laywer that you flew over built up area in the netherlands. He will be happy to sue .

And third: you are flying in a totally forbidden
Nfz in the netherlands according to dutch law . See picture.
Tell you laywer this too

And fourth: if you are flying all these drones you are saying , i  suppose you are aware of the rules. You make me laugh.

Maybe as mentionned by gimpy , post the flight log. But i think i slready know the answer

DE700EA1-4756-45E7-B0BD-02C122BD86A9.png
2018-12-20
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Lucky me it's all red and that's the color of love, so nothing to worry about....

2018-12-20
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

dronybaloney Posted at 12-20 13:54
First of all , i would subscribe yourself for a course anger management.

Second : tell your so called laywer that you flew over built up area in the netherlands. He will be happy to sue .

I also think that you have exceptional powers and that Marvel should contact you as soon as possible.
But let's hear it, wise guy! WHat happened?
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi there, we are so sorry for the difficulties that you had experienced. Could you please provide us with your case number so we can check what happened and do our best to help? We looking forward to your response. Thank you.
2018-12-20
Use props
hearhear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15552234 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I will do so DJI diana but DJI made it very clear that the flight was perfectly normal. As I dig further into this case those words does not match in every possible way.
2018-12-20
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Here you go Miss Diana: CAS-2592723-X6R5B5

And this is what will happen: I will crush the words NORMAL FLIGHT completely!

2018-12-20
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Even a big safe full of DJI gear does not count for anything and it's absolutely stunning how DJI takes care their loyal prof. filmmakers. You wouldn't believe it if you where sitting in my chair now.
2018-12-20
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 12-20 14:29
Hi there, we are so sorry for the difficulties that you had experienced. Could you please provide us with your case number so we can check what happened and do our best to help? We looking forward to your response. Thank you.

SO SORRY??? If that was really the case we wouldn't have this argument right now.
2018-12-20
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

If this looks normal to you Idoesn't even dare to ask what not normal looks like.... Totally in shock.

2018-12-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fans8a9d20dd Posted at 12-20 15:17
If this looks normal to you Idoesn't even dare to ask what not normal looks like.... Totally in shock.

[view_image]

We already send a direct message with regards to your concern. Kindly check your message for more information. Thank you.
2018-12-20
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Diana Posted at 12-20 16:03
We already send a direct message with regards to your concern. Kindly check your message for more information. Thank you.

But why not have te discussion over here??? Let people also read how DJI is taken care of her customers.
2018-12-21
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI wrote to me in a mail that the pilot activated the RTH function. So in other words they write that it is possible to fly and sent commando's with a disconnected remote controller. IT'S MAGIC I GUESS....
05 remote disconnected.jpg

2018-12-21
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans8a9d20dd Posted at 12-20 13:02

oke, do not understand your reaction. Did i mention anything about type of drone?
If you use this link forum members can mayby tell what happend, who activated RTH for instance....as it was on your screen.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2018-12-21
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

JJBspark Posted at 12-21 02:51
oke, do not understand your reaction. Did i mention anything about type of drone?
If you use this link forum members can mayby tell what happend, who activated RTH for instance....as it was on your screen.

My mistake, good tip and used it also.
2018-12-21
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

JJBspark Posted at 12-21 02:51
If you use this link forum members can mayby tell what happend, who activated RTH for instance....as it was on your screen.

I will ask others also for advise. Will do so right away.

TRH activation: It wasn't me who activated it, my remote was disconnected.
2018-12-21
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans8a9d20dd Posted at 12-21 05:04
I will ask others also for advise. Will do so right away.

TRH activation: It wasn't me who activated it, my remote was disconnected.

uh, well.... if a RC is disconnected than a RTH will be activated, but not seen on your mobile device.....
In your case is written on your screen, so it really interesting what happend to your drone.

so do post your flightlog ....

cheers
JJB
2018-12-21
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

I know the drill, remote disconnecting triggers the RTH. But DJI writes me that the pilot did it. But they write more that doesn't fly in this story.

Flight log:
https://drive.google.com/open?id ... iCzRZUSDyyMK5uODoS9

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/EAM5B3URALGVATFHVI39/
2018-12-21
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Maps is not updated. Aera is under construction. No one lives there at the moment.
2018-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Did you recover your drone ?
2018-12-21
Use props
JJBspark
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans8a9d20dd Posted at 12-21 06:08
I know the drill, remote disconnecting triggers the RTH. But DJI writes me that the pilot did it. But they write more that doesn't fly in this story.

Flight log:

Hi,

Had a look at your flightrecord.
It suddenly stops, no crash data or weird behaviour in there.

At 6m 21.0s Error "Switched to Backup IMU"
Hyperlapse mode stopped at 6m 21.4, P-GPS for 8 seconds followed by GoHome.
It looks likes the OP cancelled the Hyperlapse, but have not the knowlegde if a switch to Backup IMU kills special modes.

At 6m 23s Errror "Navigation System Redundancy Switch"

On backup systems it should fly normal, well that what we expect from redundacy systems.But what if the second IMU fails.....a flip over and crash ? Well no working IMU = a non flying drone.

In the file is written that the RTH was executed by the user pressing the RTH button on the RC.
MP turned heading towards home, turning left from 263 to 098 for the home heading when it lost connection.
RTH (yaw left turning) for approx 9 seconds at 127 meters from home.

So i have no clue what happend after the disconnection.

DJI should read out all data saved in the drone, hope you have recoverd it.

cheers
JJB

analysis1.png
2018-12-21
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi JJBSpark,

Thank you so much. I could not find the drone in time. Maybe some one else got it, I don't know. You are searching in the right spot, that's for sure. Already told DJI a thousand times that the crash is IMU / SENSOR / COMPASS related but they will not listen and will not help us out. So in other words, they deliver a bad drone and we have to pay for it.

I'm a company owner and with Dutch fellow we make all kinds of movies for our clients. We have bought so many DJI gear and are a loyal customer for many years now and this is how DJI threat us. In last email I've received from them they even suggested that a remote controller disconnection could be faked, so that's how little trust they have in us. Even if you spent well over 10.000 euro for their gear. Next week I'm on vacation and when I return I will start a lawsuit against them. We have an eye witness who saw the drone also flip over and is willing to make a statement.

So, be warned, don't expect that DJI will help you out if needed.
2018-12-21
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI if your are reading this. We will react accordingly to your last email suggesting that we and your clients are faking it!!!!
You have earned several free commercials made by us for free. Until next year F*CKERS
2018-12-21
Use props
fans8a9d20dd
lvl.1
  • >>>
Netherlands

TO DJI: asked it many times now but still no answer.

How can a flight record stop abruptly at 84 m. Altitude and a distance of 124 m. Measured from the RTH point ?????????

I can tell you the answer myself. BECAUSE YOU DELIVERED A BAD DRONE MOTHERF*CKERS
BECAUSE THE SYSTEM FAILED MOTHERF*CKERS
BECAUSE THE DRONE FLIPPED OVER AND CRASHED MOTHERF*CKERS

2018-12-21
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

That is your problem , you need the drone to get the proper report and access to further diagnostics, you have been treated exactly as others have been treated, your flight record in your phone shows no abnormalities, yes it seems harsh but it is the normal when this happens and you have no drone.

Let’s take a scenario where similar happens, user claims his drone fell out of the sky and he can’t find it, but in fact it lands somewhere without any damage, he then tries to claims drone is lost and wants a replacement from dji, how are dji to fight against this kind of fraud. How are they supposed to prove to themselves that your drone first fell and second was not retrieved.

It is also normal that dji would offer a discount off a new drone, this has usually been 30% .

I think your just behaving like a child with your derogatory comments, and they will serve no purpose.
2018-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules