Osmo Pocket: How to change camera to portrait orientation?
78331 23 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

One of the advertised features was the ability to put the camera onto portrait orientation. I cannot find a setting for this and I get an error message about the himble li.it when I try to do it manually. Is portrait mode not available?
2018-12-20
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

*error message about humble limit...
2018-12-20
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Autocorrect is killing me, tonight.
2018-12-20
Use props
astrogirl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18494 ft
Australia

I wouldn't be surprised if this is another advertised selling feature they didn't include with the release. I'm livid about Story mode not being included with the release or updated firmware....my Osmo Pocket has been sitting in its case since day 1 ...after seeing the many problems with focusing and missing features (and also I'm not impressed with the stability compared to the mobile 2 gimbal) I'm just staring at a $600 light paper weight contemplating every day to take it back (if I even can...stores are strict here on returns).  Sorry for the rant and not answering your question.
2018-12-20
Use props
DJI-ytao
DJI R&D Squad
Flight distance : 1209413 ft
  • >>>
China

It is easy, just rotate the osmo pocket .I shall show u a video:
https://www.skypixel.com/videos/osmo-pocket-shoot-in-portrait

start shooting with osmo pocket vertically, it will generate a portait footage.

2018-12-21
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for taking the time to respond and make the video, it is appreciated.

I thought I did see the pre-release version able to do it through the settings and eliminate the need to rotate the video in post, for snapchat and Instagram stories.

I will probably use it more for photo than video, but good to know if it will come.
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, JKJenn. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. To enable portrait mode on Osmo Pocket, Kindly Hold the grip, and rotate it to the left or right until the screen switches to being vertical and the Osmo Pocket automatically changes to Portrait mode. If you have other question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-12-21
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-21 13:23
Hi there, JKJenn. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. To enable portrait mode on Osmo Pocket, Kindly Hold the grip, and rotate it to the left or right until the screen switches to being vertical and the Osmo Pocket automatically changes to Portrait mode. If you have other question, please let us know. Thank you.
I get an error that says, "Gimble limit reached" when I try that.
2018-12-21
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

You have to pull it quickly to the side and the gimbal will automatically enter portrait mode, just like the OM2. If you do it slowly the motors will give error message.
2018-12-22
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

skyhighmedia Posted at 12-22 01:11
You have to pull it quickly to the side and the gimbal will automatically enter portrait mode, just like the OM2. If you do it slowly the motors will give error message.

That was it! Thany you, very much!
2018-12-22
Use props
jayna
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-21 13:23
Hi there, JKJenn. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. To enable portrait mode on Osmo Pocket, Kindly Hold the grip, and rotate it to the left or right until the screen switches to being vertical and the Osmo Pocket automatically changes to Portrait mode. If you have other question, please let us know. Thank you.

I'm using the Osmo Pocket with the DJI Mimo app on my iPhoneX and I cannot for the life of me get it to shoot anything other than landscape mode videos.

I've tried quickly turning the phone sideways but it always ends up recording the same (landscape, sometimes upside down). Is there a setting in the DJI Mimo app somewhere or should it automatically detect that I want to shoot in portrait? In the app it gives every indication that I'm shooting correctly (the onscreen nav items appear correctly as they would when you hold the phone in portrait mode/vertically.)
2018-12-22
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

You have to flip your wrist quickly to get it it to rotate, correctly. It took me a while to figure it out.
2019-1-12
Use props
Radarius
lvl.1
New Zealand

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-12-21 13:23
Hi there, JKJenn. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. To enable portrait mode on Osmo Pocket, Kindly Hold the grip, and rotate it to the left or right until the screen switches to being vertical and the Osmo Pocket automatically changes to Portrait mode. If you have other question, please let us know. Thank you.

This is the issue I've raised (but no reply) it doesn't  matter how quickly I flip the pocket on it's side or upside down, the image flips on it's side and upside down, I can't shoot close to the ground as it inverts the image every time.
2019-1-13
Use props
Alphapet
New
Germany

Hey there! I'm just thinking about buying a pocket, but honestly the flipped portrait mode seems not that comfortable to me... to hold the gimbal sideways the whole time.
There is no other way to just flip the camera and keep the gimbal vertically? Or did I get it wrong and you are able to hold it vertically again after it switched into portrait mode? Thanks, Sven
2019-1-14
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Alphapet Posted at 1-14 04:29
Hey there! I'm just thinking about buying a pocket, but honestly the flipped portrait mode seems not that comfortable to me... to hold the gimbal sideways the whole time.
There is no other way to just flip the camera and keep the gimbal vertically? Or did I get it wrong and you are able to hold it vertically again after it switched into portrait mode? Thanks, Sven

At this tine there appears to be no other way. Agree, it is awkward.
2019-1-14
Use props
fans5ca09203
lvl.1
Canada

After playing with my Osmo Pcket I think I’ve figured out how to get successful footage shot in portrait mode and have managed to get it working. With the pocket alone, with the phone connected via lightning (Osmo on top) and with the wireless adapter! After starting up the Pocket and turning quickly (I do it so the camera is to my left) and the screen flips shoot your video and end the recording. Connect you phone if you didn’t and go into the mimo app, select the video, it’ll be sideways on your device and choose to export it, it saves in the normal portrait orientation on your device !
2019-1-19
Use props
djiuser_WEuelp0Nfovj
New

South Korea

astrogirl Posted at 2018-12-20 19:54
I wouldn't be surprised if this is another advertised selling feature they didn't include with the release. I'm livid about Story mode not being included with the release or updated firmware....my Osmo Pocket has been sitting in its case since day 1 ...after seeing the many problems with focusing and missing features (and also I'm not impressed with the stability compared to the mobile 2 gimbal) I'm just staring at a $600 light paper weight contemplating every day to take it back (if I even can...stores are strict here on returns).  Sorry for the rant and not answering your question.

So why can't I use portrait mode when the Osmo Pocket is in Story Mode? I wanna make a portrait story for Kwai, Tiktok, and Facebook! Ugh, it's really annoying!!
2019-2-22
Use props
djiuser_MgMTsyU2yBe0
New
Italy

please add the IG vertical feature keeping the osmo vertical
2019-3-25
Use props
ayyong
New
Flight distance : 50335 ft
United States

I have a problem in that I can record fine in portrait, but when I come to review the video, in MIMO, it is shown in Landscape. When I turn the phone sideways, the video also flips. There is no way to rotate the video when exporting.
2019-4-4
Use props
Rahul K
lvl.2
Flight distance : 67884 ft
Canada

I have had that problem too, I would be so much better if they could just add dedicated portrait orientation by turning the camera gimbal.
Plus turning the hand sidewards, turns the screen on the side when hold the osmo pocket on a horizontal position  
2020-1-6
Use props
CBERRY808
New

United States

I'm able to shoot in portrait mode using the flick of the wrist but was interested is getting the extension rod or holder.

Will the extension rod that hold the pocket 2 sideways so it can shoot in portrait mode? If not, is there any other accessory that will do this?

2021-7-7
Use props
djiuser_Yc9LObGbiFJP
New

United States

Please ad a firmware update to allow portrait mode as a setting. If I’m using a tripod, flicking the wrist or holding vertical is terrible cumbersome! I wouldn’t have bought this device if I knew something so basic wasn’t a feature  
2023-2-24
Use props
djiuser_ntw2adgpwrIL
New

United States

JKJenn Posted at 2018-12-21 10:50
Thanks for taking the time to respond and make the video, it is appreciated.

I thought I did see the pre-release version able to do it through the settings and eliminate the need to rotate the video in post, for snapchat and Instagram stories.

That really isn’t much help if you are trying to put it on a tripod.
2023-7-19
Use props
SteveMavZoom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 331473 ft
United Kingdom

Turn it sideways 90 degrees
2023-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules