Newbie Question
931 10 2018-12-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mavic2Mike
lvl.1
United States

Hi,
So new to the site and new to DJI. I just bought a Mavic 2 Pro and a Mavic Air; along with The DJI Care Refresh for each. I want to make sure I do everything right the first time, so here is the question/questions. I have read your Drone will prompt you the first time its powered up and connected to the app. Is that all there is to the registration? I also bought Fly More kits, I see they have S/N on the boxes; do they need to be registered? Finally is there any waiting time between registering the drones and then going to the Care Refresh link and activating the Care Refresh? I know it has to be done within 48 hrs, but can I do it within a few mins? Thanks ahead of time to anyone patient enough to read through this and answer.
2018-12-20
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Nah, just register the drone (just take a while), then activate the care refresh, that all!
2018-12-21
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

BTW welcome to the forum Mavic2Mike
2018-12-21
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14312858 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

and charge your batteries to 100% before doing anything
2018-12-21
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum and the Dji family.

Make sure to update firmware before first flight.
2018-12-21
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12477300 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Mavic2Mike,

Enjoy your both drones flying.

Just start with reading and understanding the manuals, see lot of how-to videos and practise practise practise your flying. Start easy and try to understand the behaviour of the drones.

I use always a screen recorder on my mobile device, great to see things back.
And use a good checklist each time.

many checklists on this forum , i always use this one...

Many happy safe landings,
cheers
JJB

MyCanIFlyChecklist_2.2.pdf

304.79 KB, Down times: 1

2018-12-21
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

If you bought the drones/Care Refresh directly from DJI, it's should already be bound.
All you need to do now is open the app and login.
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we would like to congratulate you on having our Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic Air. I would recommend activating the drone and activate your DJI care refresh as soon as the drone was activated. I would like to ask where did you purchase the drone and the refresh plan? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-21
Use props
Mavic2Mike
lvl.1
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-21 13:38
Hi, we would like to congratulate you on having our Mavic 2 Pro and Mavic Air. I would recommend activating the drone and activate your DJI care refresh as soon as the drone was activated. I would like to ask where did you purchase the drone and the refresh plan? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you for the support.

DJI Tony, they were purchased through Advexure. They had everything in one stop and it kept me from paying tax through DJI.
2018-12-21
Use props
Mavic2Mike
lvl.1
United States

BTW got everything registered through DJI and the FAA, Care Refresh worked first time, now I'm starting to wrap both drones to give them a little different look.
2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Mavic2Mike Posted at 12-21 18:45
BTW got everything registered through DJI and the FAA, Care Refresh worked first time, now I'm starting to wrap both drones to give them a little different look.

Thanks for your updates. Please feel free to use your aircraft and have a safe flight ahead!
2018-12-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules