Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
enterpsise activetrack
1824 17 2018-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seabornguy
lvl.1
United States

when are we going to have the activetrack on  mavic 2 enterprise ?

2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Super Moderator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The active track is not available with our Mavic 2 Enterprise at the moment. No worries, we will help you to forward your suggestion to our team to see what we could do to make it possible. We do appreciate your interest in our products.
2018-12-21
Use props
skyhighmedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 740574 ft
  • >>>
Norway

If you bought the Mavic 2 Enterprise to use with ActiveTrack you bought the wrong drone.
Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro: For photography/fun use.

Mavic 2 Enterprise: For industrial and enterprise segment.

DJI Pilot is stripped for any "fun" functions. No QuickShot/ActiveTrack and many of the more features you have on the M2P/Z.
2018-12-22
Use props
seabornguy
lvl.1
United States

skyhighmedia Posted at 12-22 01:50
If you bought the Mavic 2 Enterprise to use with ActiveTrack you bought the wrong drone.
Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro: For photography/fun use.

It suppose to have all features of zoom and pro.
Plus the extras....
Thats why i bought it
I hope i did not buy the wrong one
2018-12-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5014068 ft
  • >>>
United States

seabornguy Posted at 12-22 04:51
It suppose to have all features of zoom and pro.
Plus the extras....
Thats why i bought it

Enterprise, not designed for consumers, not that it excused DJI from not including them all since mostly the same device.   but intended audience is more along the lines of search and rescue, and emergency services and inspection companies... so active track for example has lower priority, it will probably get added eventually, as I can imagine a use for active track would be to follow someone automatically during a search and rescue type mission or during a manhunt or something.. etc etc
2018-12-22
Use props
skyhighmedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 740574 ft
  • >>>
Norway

HereForTheBeer Posted at 12-22 04:56
Enterprise, not designed for consumers, not that it excused DJI from not including them all since mostly the same device.   but intended audience is more along the lines of search and rescue, and emergency services and inspection companies... so active track for example has lower priority, it will probably get added eventually, as I can imagine a use for active track would be to follow someone automatically during a search and rescue type mission or during a manhunt or something.. etc etc

I agree, and disagree. Yes, the M2E is definitively not for regular consumers. But would you rely on ActiveTrack in an emergency situation? I can't imagine I would rely on ActiveTrack during SAR operations. Manual flying is with the technology we have now still better than autonomous flying.
2018-12-22
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
First Officer
Flight distance : 3933077 ft
United States

skyhighmedia Posted at 12-22 05:11
I agree, and disagree. Yes, the M2E is definitively not for regular consumers. But would you rely on ActiveTrack in an emergency situation? I can't imagine I would rely on ActiveTrack during SAR operations. Manual flying is with the technology we have now still better than autonomous flying.

yeah a cop would never want to active track a perp...
2018-12-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5014068 ft
  • >>>
United States

skyhighmedia Posted at 12-22 05:11
I agree, and disagree. Yes, the M2E is definitively not for regular consumers. But would you rely on ActiveTrack in an emergency situation? I can't imagine I would rely on ActiveTrack during SAR operations. Manual flying is with the technology we have now still better than autonomous flying.

Theoretically on a SAR mission say the person is confused or something and wondering around aimlessly, being able to active track them and automate that part while you work with your crew to get stuff worked out.  could prove useful, Because then you don’t have to hyper focus so much on the controls and the drone, you can back off a bit and communicate things and all that, little relief not having both hands tied behind your back.
2018-12-22
Use props
seabornguy
lvl.1
United States

Active track would be nice on those drone as example in drift water rescue , helps you to keep track of the person in the water ....so you dont loose them.
I guess same for the police chasing someone...active track would be helpful ... to keep the person of interest in sight which give time for other things to take place while the drone following them.....
2018-12-22
Use props
alexair94
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-12-21 12:15
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The active track is not available with our Mavic 2 Enterprise at the moment. No worries, we will help you to forward your suggestion to our team to see what we could do to make it possible. We do appreciate your interest in our products.

+1 from me - please let your development team know that including such functionality is highly desired by your clients.

Active track and waypoints are exceptionally useful features for our industrial use. To be honest, feel a bit deceived (although strictly my own fault) that all Mavic 2s are promoted with this amazing functionality, yet there is no a comparison table or anything that would make the lack of active track and waypoints in in the enterprise edition clear.
2019-6-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Super Moderator

alexair94 Posted at 6-16 05:26
+1 from me - please let your development team know that including such functionality is highly desired by your clients.

Active track and waypoints are exceptionally useful features for our industrial use. To be honest, feel a bit deceived (although strictly my own fault) that all Mavic 2s are promoted with this amazing functionality, yet there is no a comparison table or anything that would make the lack of active track and waypoints in in the enterprise edition clear.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We perfectly understand that you wanted to use these two features, however, those are not available as of the time being. We've successfully forwarded this concern to our designated department for attention. If there will be an update, we would recommend paying attention to our website. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and we do appreciate your understanding.
2019-6-16
Use props
FatherXmas
Captain
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use mine for SAR and could think of a few scenarios that Active Track would be handy.
2019-6-16
Use props
djiuser_dJ3qcw0k4coL
lvl.1

South Africa

I was also under the impression that the Enterprise have Active Track and was very disappointed when I found out it does not.
2019-7-4
Use props
fans0a5af586
New

United States

Any updates on active track, trying to determine if this feature is coming soon...
2019-9-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 711896 ft
United Kingdom

alexair94 Posted at 6-16 05:26

A comparison table is a good idea.
2019-9-2
Use props
Medic552
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40978 ft

Any updates on this ?  I have had two incidents that active track would have assisted greatly especially with multitasking during an incident.  I was able to utilize a spotter during the incidents to keep an eye on the subject and relay information during a SAR mission but active track would have made this much easier.  There was a civilian drone at the incident and utilized the active track for good video of the incident.
2019-9-23
Use props
NotSoSmartPA
lvl.1

United States

Medic552 Posted at 9-23 06:02
Any updates on this ?  I have had two incidents that active track would have assisted greatly especially with multitasking during an incident.  I was able to utilize a spotter during the incidents to keep an eye on the subject and relay information during a SAR mission but active track would have made this much easier.  There was a civilian drone at the incident and utilized the active track for good video of the incident.

I agree that offloading some work effort is actually more important in the Enterprise segment.  I also think that the ability to set a focus point and circle around it is another feature that needs to get an accelerated delivery.  I'd rather let the M2ED fly around the point itself, so I could focus on the camera side of things.

It seems odd that work offload is only for a regular consumer, and along with others, the marketing fluff that sad this was an Enterprise version of the Mavic2 grossly oversold the SW capabilities.  Also equally hard to understand how a fully working app could not be easily morphed into the equivalent PILOT app.

Given all the ways to identify the HW, it would have been easy enough to provide the features and then offer the "Enterprise" Pilot app the opportunity to switch off and "lock-out" certain functionalitires if the Enterprise Owner didn't want their equipment being used for non-workl-related activities.
2019-10-24
Use props
ZOZ
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thats a Joke! We sell DJI Drones here in EU did over 6 Million Turnover and I'm also customer, check the drones I've registered! ..p** t**ke on customers! We waiting now for the new DJI Mavic Mini, but again DJI can't deliver in time, guess what, they are able to sell it direct from china!
Your only luck is to be the market leader this day, let as wait antill another chinese company gets close and then bye bye DJI..

How so you think you should decide for the customer what he need or not!!

Don't forget customer is KING and we can decide what we need and in which devices we invest our money!!

peace
2019-11-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules