enterpsise activetrack
12Next >
12927 43 2018-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
seabornguy
lvl.1
United States

when are we going to have the activetrack on  mavic 2 enterprise ?

2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The active track is not available with our Mavic 2 Enterprise at the moment. No worries, we will help you to forward your suggestion to our team to see what we could do to make it possible. We do appreciate your interest in our products.
2018-12-21
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

If you bought the Mavic 2 Enterprise to use with ActiveTrack you bought the wrong drone.
Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro: For photography/fun use.

Mavic 2 Enterprise: For industrial and enterprise segment.

DJI Pilot is stripped for any "fun" functions. No QuickShot/ActiveTrack and many of the more features you have on the M2P/Z.
2018-12-22
Use props
seabornguy
lvl.1
United States

skyhighmedia Posted at 12-22 01:50
If you bought the Mavic 2 Enterprise to use with ActiveTrack you bought the wrong drone.
Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro: For photography/fun use.

It suppose to have all features of zoom and pro.
Plus the extras....
Thats why i bought it
I hope i did not buy the wrong one
2018-12-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

seabornguy Posted at 12-22 04:51
It suppose to have all features of zoom and pro.
Plus the extras....
Thats why i bought it

Enterprise, not designed for consumers, not that it excused DJI from not including them all since mostly the same device.   but intended audience is more along the lines of search and rescue, and emergency services and inspection companies... so active track for example has lower priority, it will probably get added eventually, as I can imagine a use for active track would be to follow someone automatically during a search and rescue type mission or during a manhunt or something.. etc etc
2018-12-22
Use props
skyhighmedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

HereForTheBeer Posted at 12-22 04:56
Enterprise, not designed for consumers, not that it excused DJI from not including them all since mostly the same device.   but intended audience is more along the lines of search and rescue, and emergency services and inspection companies... so active track for example has lower priority, it will probably get added eventually, as I can imagine a use for active track would be to follow someone automatically during a search and rescue type mission or during a manhunt or something.. etc etc

I agree, and disagree. Yes, the M2E is definitively not for regular consumers. But would you rely on ActiveTrack in an emergency situation? I can't imagine I would rely on ActiveTrack during SAR operations. Manual flying is with the technology we have now still better than autonomous flying.
2018-12-22
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

skyhighmedia Posted at 12-22 05:11
I agree, and disagree. Yes, the M2E is definitively not for regular consumers. But would you rely on ActiveTrack in an emergency situation? I can't imagine I would rely on ActiveTrack during SAR operations. Manual flying is with the technology we have now still better than autonomous flying.

yeah a cop would never want to active track a perp...
2018-12-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

skyhighmedia Posted at 12-22 05:11
I agree, and disagree. Yes, the M2E is definitively not for regular consumers. But would you rely on ActiveTrack in an emergency situation? I can't imagine I would rely on ActiveTrack during SAR operations. Manual flying is with the technology we have now still better than autonomous flying.

Theoretically on a SAR mission say the person is confused or something and wondering around aimlessly, being able to active track them and automate that part while you work with your crew to get stuff worked out.  could prove useful, Because then you don’t have to hyper focus so much on the controls and the drone, you can back off a bit and communicate things and all that, little relief not having both hands tied behind your back.
2018-12-22
Use props
seabornguy
lvl.1
United States

Active track would be nice on those drone as example in drift water rescue , helps you to keep track of the person in the water ....so you dont loose them.
I guess same for the police chasing someone...active track would be helpful ... to keep the person of interest in sight which give time for other things to take place while the drone following them.....
2018-12-22
Use props
alexair94
lvl.1
Flight distance : 170558 ft

United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-12-21 12:15
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The active track is not available with our Mavic 2 Enterprise at the moment. No worries, we will help you to forward your suggestion to our team to see what we could do to make it possible. We do appreciate your interest in our products.

+1 from me - please let your development team know that including such functionality is highly desired by your clients.

Active track and waypoints are exceptionally useful features for our industrial use. To be honest, feel a bit deceived (although strictly my own fault) that all Mavic 2s are promoted with this amazing functionality, yet there is no a comparison table or anything that would make the lack of active track and waypoints in in the enterprise edition clear.
2019-6-16
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

alexair94 Posted at 6-16 05:26
+1 from me - please let your development team know that including such functionality is highly desired by your clients.

Active track and waypoints are exceptionally useful features for our industrial use. To be honest, feel a bit deceived (although strictly my own fault) that all Mavic 2s are promoted with this amazing functionality, yet there is no a comparison table or anything that would make the lack of active track and waypoints in in the enterprise edition clear.

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. We perfectly understand that you wanted to use these two features, however, those are not available as of the time being. We've successfully forwarded this concern to our designated department for attention. If there will be an update, we would recommend paying attention to our website. Again, we do apologize for the inconvenience and we do appreciate your understanding.
2019-6-16
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use mine for SAR and could think of a few scenarios that Active Track would be handy.
2019-6-16
Use props
djiuser_dJ3qcw0k4coL
lvl.1
Flight distance : 308858 ft
South Africa

I was also under the impression that the Enterprise have Active Track and was very disappointed when I found out it does not.
2019-7-4
Use props
fans0a5af586
New

United States

Any updates on active track, trying to determine if this feature is coming soon...
2019-9-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>

alexair94 Posted at 6-16 05:26

A comparison table is a good idea.
2019-9-2
Use props
Medic552
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40978 ft

Any updates on this ?  I have had two incidents that active track would have assisted greatly especially with multitasking during an incident.  I was able to utilize a spotter during the incidents to keep an eye on the subject and relay information during a SAR mission but active track would have made this much easier.  There was a civilian drone at the incident and utilized the active track for good video of the incident.
2019-9-23
Use props
NotSoSmartPA
lvl.2

United States

Medic552 Posted at 9-23 06:02
Any updates on this ?  I have had two incidents that active track would have assisted greatly especially with multitasking during an incident.  I was able to utilize a spotter during the incidents to keep an eye on the subject and relay information during a SAR mission but active track would have made this much easier.  There was a civilian drone at the incident and utilized the active track for good video of the incident.

I agree that offloading some work effort is actually more important in the Enterprise segment.  I also think that the ability to set a focus point and circle around it is another feature that needs to get an accelerated delivery.  I'd rather let the M2ED fly around the point itself, so I could focus on the camera side of things.

It seems odd that work offload is only for a regular consumer, and along with others, the marketing fluff that sad this was an Enterprise version of the Mavic2 grossly oversold the SW capabilities.  Also equally hard to understand how a fully working app could not be easily morphed into the equivalent PILOT app.

Given all the ways to identify the HW, it would have been easy enough to provide the features and then offer the "Enterprise" Pilot app the opportunity to switch off and "lock-out" certain functionalitires if the Enterprise Owner didn't want their equipment being used for non-workl-related activities.
2019-10-24
Use props
ZOZ
lvl.1
Switzerland

Thats a Joke! We sell DJI Drones here in EU did over 6 Million Turnover and I'm also customer, check the drones I've registered! ..p** t**ke on customers! We waiting now for the new DJI Mavic Mini, but again DJI can't deliver in time, guess what, they are able to sell it direct from china!
Your only luck is to be the market leader this day, let as wait antill another chinese company gets close and then bye bye DJI..

How so you think you should decide for the customer what he need or not!!

Don't forget customer is KING and we can decide what we need and in which devices we invest our money!!

peace
2019-11-19
Use props
djiuser_hGCDQUlDMoY2
lvl.1

Argentina

buen dia, hay novedades de activetrack para DJI ME2???
2020-5-11
Use props
fansb495c734
New

United Kingdom

I feel as if the enterprise dual was mis-sold to me, with no comparison table it was far from obvious what it couldn't do.  I need to track vehicles around a track and film a thermal event, the lack of active track is making it a nightmare and very clunky.  Poor show DJI!  Seeing as this is the most expensive of the Mavic 2s, I expect an update soon.  I'm glad I didn't go for the more expensive range first.
2020-7-24
Use props
KDP +
Second Officer
Flight distance : 947930 ft
Belgium

fansb495c734 Posted at 7-24 12:59
I feel as if the enterprise dual was mis-sold to me, with no comparison table it was far from obvious what it couldn't do.  I need to track vehicles around a track and film a thermal event, the lack of active track is making it a nightmare and very clunky.  Poor show DJI!  Seeing as this is the most expensive of the Mavic 2s, I expect an update soon.  I'm glad I didn't go for the more expensive range first.

I totally agree... these software-functions should be present also in the mavic 2 enterprise...

My first idea was also to buy an enterprise, but I'm happy to have selected the M2P with the Smart Controller...

2020-7-25
Use props
djiuser_XtpDkqguLl2t
New
Flight distance : 32484 ft

Australia

skyhighmedia Posted at 2018-12-22 05:11

My thought would be that during a Search and Rescue (SAR), you'd want as many options as possible to reduce your workload. Active Track, Orbit, Point of Interest are all useful depending on the myriad of possibilities during a SAR. Example: Marine SAR, send out drone, identify target, track target whilst vessel moves to same location. OR Identify target, drone orbits target for further assessment. Automatic orbit is more time efficient than manual flying, allows more concerntration on target viewing through smart controller and reduces workload.
Manually flying a drone can be made more efficient with proven automatic systems.
2020-9-8
Use props
djiuser_XtpDkqguLl2t
New
Flight distance : 32484 ft

Australia

Enterprise Dual should have all the zoom and pro features plus more! Search and Rescues are carried out in a thousand different ways, maximising options allows for more choices by the end user effecting the Search and Rescue.
2020-9-8
Use props
claudioita
lvl.1

Italy

djiuser_XtpDkqguLl2t Posted at 9-8 05:53
Enterprise Dual should have all the zoom and pro features plus more! Search and Rescues are carried out in a thousand different ways, maximising options allows for more choices by the end user effecting the Search and Rescue.

I agree those functionality should be included, from a marketing point of view

From a legal point of view the advertisiment on DJI websites is totally misleading and can bring to a class action from angry buyers
2020-9-20
Use props
agila360
lvl.1

United States

Please have the activetrack feature enabled for M2E. This will really help on our daily work.
2020-9-20
Use props
Nightofdob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87864 ft
United States

any update on this?  I mean it is a simple software update or allowing us to use dji go software with the enterprise version.  Without this Drones by Autel and others are much better versions.
2020-9-26
Use props
Nightofdob
lvl.1
Flight distance : 87864 ft
United States

Nightofdob Posted at 9-26 10:36
any update on this?  I mean it is a simple software update or allowing us to use dji go software with the enterprise version.  Without this Drones by Autel and others are much better versions.

CAN WE PLEASE HACVE THE COURTESY OF A RESPONSE FROM DJI?  THIS IS REDICULOUS AND FALSE ADVERTISING.  WE AT LEAST DESERVE TO KNOW IF YOU ARE OR ARE NOT GOING TO ALLOW THIS.
2020-10-6
Use props
djiuser_6L4D8kA7kUfE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95308 ft
Canada

This thread has been going since 09 2019 and still no update or resolution. I too recently purchased a Enterprise Zoom only to discover that intelligent mode is not available in the Pilot App. Not impressed. Is it not a simple update on the app?
Maybe more noise will make it happen...
2020-11-6
Use props
Сергей Завалов
New

Russia

Unfortunately I have Enterprise dual, and i still waiting for solution for activation  active track function.
Upset and disappointed that still no answers  
2021-2-23
Use props
Olli-Drone
New

Germany

Any news from this side?
2021-3-22
Use props
Nearenough313
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1178025 ft
United Kingdom

I have recently bought a M2E and already having the M2Z had also thought it would at least have had active track so in all honesty I think for the extra money it has not been worth it along with reading the above it would be good to find out from DJI if this ever going to be available
2021-5-12
Use props
fans3a011dd8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 789393 ft

United States

I too purchased an M2EA with the incorrect assumption that the above mentioned features would be included. I had plans to buy 3-4 more for my operation but I’m now looking for another solution if DJI doesn’t make these features available.
2021-5-24
Use props
n_s_r
New
United States

Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced user here.  I also would love these features for SAR as well as other media related work that I do.  I also noticed that dji goggles don't work with these.  I would love to hear from someone about when we plan on implementing this software to us higher paying clients.  As a matter of fact, I would PAY for this and will start looking for other solutions going forward if 7K can't get the features we need.  If there is a class action, please sign me up.
2021-9-9
Use props
FK1401
lvl.1

Germany

I was expecting this feature as well on my M2EA. Really disappointed.
2021-9-26
Use props
CraigIS
lvl.2

South Africa

I must agree, I use this drone for law enforcement and tracking of suspects, active track would be a great feature for us.
Until you are actually in the field and using this - only then will you realise how much it is needed.

Please DJI assist.....
2021-10-6
Use props
djiuser_8cMdfg02cc9j
lvl.1

New Zealand

From New Zealand
I just got a mavic 2 enterprise
So ripped off
No feathers like active track
I spent over 5000 dollars on this drone
I realy love the drone but feel ripped off
With the lack off what the cheaper drones have so I will not recommend on these grounds
2021-10-7
Use props
djiuser_jXdiI5ZosCht
New

United Kingdom

from Scotland
Bought a 2nd hand (hardly used) M2E and it is awesome!  What a brilliant piece of kit!   Had done research on the mavic 2 pro as this looked similar to the enterprise edition.

3 weeks in though, and I just couldn't get active track to work.  ...because it doesn't exist right???

Will dji be updating the app and firmware to allow the M2E to active track.   An answer would be welcome.  The silence is an insult.

p.s.  I wish I had found the following table on the dji website (screenshot from dji enterprise youtube video) before taking the plunge.
https://youtu.be/31rkzEvJ-v4

2021-10-16
Use props
gabo01
New

Mexico

Hi guys

Any news from this side?

Best
Luis
2022-1-21
Use props
djiuser_nWl21EIEGfhc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 72959 ft

South Africa

Hi, I would like to know when you are going to introduce the ActiveTrack function to M2E?

I would suggest that someone from DJI explain what the delay is. It should come as standard when buying a drone like this.

2022-4-17
Use props
djiuser_pQjxtSLA76he
New

United States

OUR DEPT. JUST STARTED A DRONE UNIT AND HAD PURCHASED THE M2E AND THE M2EA.  IT WAS DISSAPOINTING THAT THEY DO NOT HAVE ACTIVE TRACK..  I CALLED THE SALES REP AND WAS TOLD TO GET A DIFFERENT MODEL. REALLY, YOU SELL US A PRODUCT WHICH ACTIVE TRACK IS A MUST, BUT IT DOESNT HAVE IT.   HEY DJI, ACTIVE TRACK FOR THESE DRONES IS NEEEDED.
2022-6-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules