Inspire Controller lists encryption error in status
1003 2 2018-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9cd8bd24
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

My Inspire remote controller GL658A is showing encryption error in the status.

At first the controller just would not stop beeping, driving me crazy.... but after installing the latest firmware and re-booting the controller the beeping finally stopped but the status is still showing "encryption error".

Is this a serious error?

It sounds like the controller is not encrypting its transmission signal so I’m wondering if I fly with a friend and his Inspire, might there be cross talk between the 2 Inspire signals?

still links to the Inspire OK

still seems to fly OK

charges OK

Any assistance/info would be much appreciated,

Thanks

Greg

2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi fans9cd8bd24, we are deeply sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing with the remote controller. Can you please send us a screenshot of the error? To isolate the issue, would it be possible if we can try a different remote controller and check if the problem persists? Furthermore, please ensure that the aircraft is also updated to the latest firmware since encryption error has something to do with info transmission between the aircraft and remote controller.
2018-12-21
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your problem sounds like the remote needs to be calibrated. one or more of the sticks is not centering.  

this is the only video showing this procedure on Youtube …… you will need to move all sliders and thumb dials too.  use this as a guide.

Rich

2018-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules