DJI GO with Osmo Mobile 2 - Sound goes blank at 3:30 or so
1056 11 2018-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
davemonshaw
lvl.1
United States

I am using DJI Go - version 3.1.46   with a DJI Mobile 2 (FW 2.2.0.30)
The phone is a fully up-to-date Samsung S7.  The camera is set to record video in 1080 resolution

3 times now over the last 10 recordings - I have complete audio dropout around 3:30-3:35 into the video - however the video continues to record normally. (see attached photo)

Can anyone comment on this?  Is it a software bug in the DJI-Go application?   ANYTHING to help with this would be appreciated.  

I can no longer trust the app, because it gives no indication of an audio drop while recording.  by the time I find out - the performance is over and I've missed the shot.

Thanks!

20181221_124542.jpg

2018-12-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, Davemonshaw. We're very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please upload a sample video of the issue so that we can check it on our end? You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you for your support.
2018-12-21
Use props
davemonshaw
lvl.1
United States

Hello Natalia - here is the link to the video.  I have had this happen a few times now - it seems to always be around the 3min 30sec mark... but only happens intermittently.  so, it has happened 3 times total out of 10 videos recorded.  Hope you can help!  

cloud drive link to file
2018-12-21
Use props
davemonshaw
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-21 13:52
Hi, Davemonshaw. We're very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please upload a sample video of the issue so that we can check it on our end? You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you for your support.

Here are two more videos that dropped the audio.   I really hope you can get to the bottom of this!  I think it is the DJI GO application, because I have not had this happen ever using the built in Android Camera app (but then I cannot use the start/stop record button and other features)

marla >  https://ibm.box.com/s/88ro2c5r75i384sd9sbrshpptgqdfmiu (dead at 4:15)

4 ukes > https://ibm.box.com/s/3xe8wvsqsoi56vbfk4ni6q9qm2vcnm73 (dead at 6:02)
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

davemonshaw Posted at 12-23 12:57
Here are two more videos that dropped the audio.   I really hope you can get to the bottom of this!  I think it is the DJI GO application, because I have not had this happen ever using the built in Android Camera app (but then I cannot use the start/stop record button and other features)

marla >  https://ibm.box.com/s/88ro2c5r75i384sd9sbrshpptgqdfmiu (dead at 4:15)

Hi, we're very sorry about this. Regarding this issue, I'll coordinate this first to our Senior Engineer for further investigation. I'll get back to you once I have the update. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
2018-12-23
Use props
davemonshaw
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-23 13:32
Hi, we're very sorry about this. Regarding this issue, I'll coordinate this first to our Senior Engineer for further investigation. I'll get back to you once I have the update. Your patience and understanding is highly appreciated.

Thank you for helping.

For the time being, I cannot use the DJI GO application with my Osmo Mobile 2 because of this.  

I appreciate your engineer looking at this - I have 3 examples posted now.  I am happy to help troubleshoot this as the DJI GO application is very helpful and I do wish to use it.

Dave Monshaw

2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

davemonshaw Posted at 12-23 13:51
Thank you for helping.

For the time being, I cannot use the DJI GO application with my Osmo Mobile 2 because of this.  

Your concern has been forwarded to our engineering team. Just to clarify, have you tried to use a different device? If yes, are they having the same issue? Thanks.
2018-12-23
Use props
davemonshaw
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-23 15:14
Your concern has been forwarded to our engineering team. Just to clarify, have you tried to use a different device? If yes, are they having the same issue? Thanks.

I have two smartphones - Samsung S7 and a Samsung S9+

I use the S7 only for video - no apps (besides a few and DJI GO).

When I shoot video using the built in camera app - I have no drop outs on sound.  I have been using the built in app to shoot videos for 2 years - so that is thoroughly tested.

I only have drop outs on the DJI GO app.  

I will test a few different modes on the S7 and also try and see if I have issues with the S9+

Please remember though, this happens randomly and so it may take a while.  How many videos shall I shoot on the S9+?   Would 20 six minute videos be enough to say?  
2018-12-23
Use props
davemonshaw
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-23 15:14

I've begun making test videos on my S9+.   All videos are 4K and 10+ mins long.  Will let you know if they experience any drop outs.  going to make 10 to start with, see what happens
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

davemonshaw Posted at 12-24 00:25
I've begun making test videos on my S9+.   All videos are 4K and 10+ mins long.  Will let you know if they experience any drop outs.  going to make 10 to start with, see what happens

Thanks for your update, Dave. I truly appreciate your coordination with us regarding your concern. Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.
2018-12-24
Use props
davemonshaw
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-24 11:15
Thanks for your update, Dave. I truly appreciate your coordination with us regarding your concern. Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you.

You're welcome.  I would like to reiterate though, however, the device that has exhibited the issue is the dedicated Osmo camera that I own - it is not defective and has never exhibited this issue when using the built in camera application.

If this is caused by DJI GO - then it needs to be addressed.  I have provided 3 example videos where this has happened - I have only owned this thing for one month.

Do others report complete  audio drop outs?   Have you ever heard of anything like this happening?

This is definitely not a settings issue, DJI GO does not offer a mode with no audio.

I have begun making videos as a test on my Samsung S9+ but so far, in the first 5 videos the audio is clean.  I'll make more videos as time permits - need to get to the bottom of the issue though.  I will never be using my Samsung S9 as the OSMO camera, I am only doing so as a test for you guys.

Also, a question - are there any other apps available on the market that will provide a camera AND use the start/stop red record button on the handle?   
2018-12-24
Use props
davemonshaw
lvl.1
United States

Let me rephrase my question - are there any other apps compatible with the Osmo Mobile 2 - possibly made by another vendor -  available on the market that will provide a camera AND use the start/stop red record button on the handle?   That might be worth testing as well.
2018-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules