Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Aircraft Detection
2120 10 2018-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bart B
Second Officer
Flight distance : 878852 ft
United States

Flying my zoom today I had a message flash up Aircraft Detection Fly With Caution! (in Red) never seen this one before. There was a couple people flying a fixed wing bird close by could it be that? I looked at the logs and the message does not show, anyone no what I was seeing?
2018-12-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Bart B, thanks for bringing this query to us. We apologize for having troubles recently. We suggest avoiding flying near the above-mentioned areas. Would it be possible to fly in a different place and see if the issue persists? Kindly reach us again if you have concerns. Thank you.
2018-12-22
Use props
Bart B
Second Officer
United States

Thanks DJI Gamora Let me clarify, the fixed wing I referenced was an RC with a 3'-4' wing span, question more or less was will the Mavic2 Zoom pick up a aircraft transponder in the area? There is a good possibility the RC Plane had one.
2018-12-22
Use props
EdisonW1979
First Officer
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

Bart,

The error you got is only supposed to be available on the new Mavic 2 Enterprise... The new DJI Pilot app, along with the drone, was showcased as having an aircraft detection system so M2E operators could more easily avoid manned aircraft during operations.

This is the first instance I’ve heard of a Mavic 2 Zoom pilot receiving this message!

Do you own the Enterprise or Zoom, and were you using GO 4 or Pilot as your control app?
2018-12-22
Use props
Bart B
Second Officer
United States

I have the zoom and was using DJI Go4,  I'll keep an eye out for it again and run screen record to capture the message.
2018-12-22
Use props
Bart B
Second Officer
United States

Both times I received the message I was close to the fixed wing UAV

2018-12-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

How does it detect other aircraft?
2018-12-22
Use props
Bart B
Second Officer
United States

I don't know if it can that's why I am asking never seen the Aircraft Detected Warning before but I got it twice today.
2018-12-22
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Bart B Posted at 12-22 15:39
I don't know if it can that's why I am asking never seen the Aircraft Detected Warning before but I got it twice today.

Obviously it seems to be detecting other aircraft and even if it’s limited to the enterprise model, how does it know and how does it detect.. is it using radar or passively sensing radar/RF off of other aircraft?
2018-12-22
Use props
fans4a99a4b5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 350915 ft
Kuwait

Maybe it’s your lucky day you have rader installed inside your mavic ;)
2018-12-23
Use props
HereForTheBeer
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans4a99a4b5 Posted at 12-23 12:50
Maybe it’s your lucky day you have rader installed inside your mavic ;)

i been reading its a passive system simply picking up the transponder/squawk boxes in aircraft and some RC enthusiasts add similar systems to their fired wing aircraft to alert manned aircraft of their presence just in case.    i wonder confused how it knew was another aircraft nearby

however integrating this feature into mavic air, mavic 2 series and existing older drones via a dji go 4 update seems trivial considering transponder location info is fairly open things commonly tracked online and public and with a connected phone/tablet probably fairly easy to cross reference things, it may nto be real time but some sources update info every few seconds which, i mean..close enough
2018-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules