Litchi Waypoints, first flights
1169 12 2018-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BrianSC
Second Officer
Spain

Hi all

Just thought I would share one of the short first flights I tried out today with Litchi Waypoints. It was fun trying this out, next time I will do a properly edited video with sound. On this last Waypoint flight, I got a compas error near the end of the flight, which kind of freaked me out a bit...The altitude was 15 meters and speed set to 20 km/h.

2018-12-22
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

Nice one.   Do you think you will use waypoints often? I have it in a Hubsan 216A and have only used it once. Perhaps the shorter flight time of the Hubsan makes it less useful than for a Spark or Mavic. Perhaps it's because I'm not organised enough.

I look forward to seeing more of your Litchi flights.
2018-12-22
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video
2018-12-24
Use props
BrianSC
Second Officer
Spain

Warriewoodlad Posted at 12-22 13:02
Nice one.   Do you think you will use waypoints often? I have it in a Hubsan 216A and have only used it once. Perhaps the shorter flight time of the Hubsan makes it less useful than for a Spark or Mavic. Perhaps it's because I'm not organised enough.

I look forward to seeing more of your Litchi flights.

Yes, I'm sure I will use it very often. I have tried a few short missions now, and it works perfectly, even when losing connection to RC, it just completes the mission, as long as you don't try to interfere.
Keep in mind though, that the Spark does have a relatively short flight time. I don't think I will be doing missions of more than a max. of 8 minutes (with a fully charged battery), but even so, it is useful for the Spark also, not just bigger drones. You will be surprised to see just how far the Spark can go, and come back, in just a few minutes.
I have been trying from 10 to 30 km/h, 3 to 5 minutes missions, If you go above 10 km/h., keep in mind though that the OA will not be working effectively above 10 km/h. and if you set it higher, Litchi doesn't care wether or not you have OA on or of, it just flies at the speed you set.
2018-12-25
Use props
Warriewoodlad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 625230 ft
Australia

I don't do much video, preferring to just take pictures, but I imagine Litchi waypoints would be a real bonus in making a video. I wonder, since Litchi seems so popular, whether DJI will add waypoints to DJI Go sometime soon.
2018-12-25
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

BrianSC Posted at 12-25 04:04
Yes, I'm sure I will use it very often. I have tried a few short missions now, and it works perfectly, even when losing connection to RC, it just completes the mission, as long as you don't try to interfere.
Keep in mind though, that the Spark does have a relatively short flight time. I don't think I will be doing missions of more than a max. of 8 minutes (with a fully charged battery), but even so, it is useful for the Spark also, not just bigger drones. You will be surprised to see just how far the Spark can go, and come back, in just a few minutes.
I have been trying from 10 to 30 km/h, 3 to 5 minutes missions, If you go above 10 km/h., keep in mind though that the OA will not be working effectively above 10 km/h. and if you set it higher, Litchi doesn't care wether or not you have OA on or of, it just flies at the speed you set.

wow, that's interesting that it will complete the mission even when disconnected from the RC. Do you actually mean disconnected from the RC or disconnected from the phone and the app? I am just wondering where it store the instructions if it is disconnected from everything?
2018-12-25
Use props
MccloudSpark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27562 ft

United States

My understanding is that the mission info is stored in the AC - so yes completely disconnected.  I don't actually have Litchi myself though...
2018-12-25
Use props
Daniella3d
lvl.4
Canada

From what I understand, whether a person fly with DJI Go 4 or Litchi, our worst nightmare is still Atti mode as both of the apps will be totally useless if the AC goes into Atti mode. Losing GPS is the very worst thing that can happen to the Spark because if it lose connection with the RC it is still good to go, no matter what app.
2018-12-25
Use props
BrianSC
Second Officer
Spain

MccloudSpark Posted at 12-25 21:36
My understanding is that the mission info is stored in the AC - so yes completely disconnected.  I don't actually have Litchi myself though...

True. It will continue and finish the mission even if you turn of the RC. The mission is uploadet to the Sparks memory.
If it loses RC connection and goes into ATTI mode at the same time, you are in big trouble though. I always use a battery flying manually with the DJI Go 4 to make sure that the compas is working well and that there are plenty of sattelites to lock on to before i send it on a mission. Most times I don’t lose RC connection though. It is great fun to use the waypoints and you can get some awesome footage with it.
Another thing to keep in mind is that while the altitude settings are uploadet to the drone with the mission (if you use different altitudes at different waypoints) if you change speed at a waypoint and it loses RC, it will continue at current speed, since speed variations are not uploaded but send from the app, so make sure that the minimum speed used is enough to bring the bird home in case it loses RC.
2018-12-26
Use props
Hover_hound
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36745 ft
South Africa

I've been thinking of using Litchi and I have a question or two. Maybe someone could help.

1 - Does Litchi have to option to switch from EC to FCC mode? DJI GO 4 does not, you need to do a fix which I'm sure most of us know about. (I don't live in the US).
2 - It seems like main advantage of Litchi is the waypoint capability, and hence the ability to pre program and upload a mission to the Spark. Other features seem much the same as DJI GO 4. Am I right here?

Thanks, and happy new year to all.
2018-12-31
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Hover_hound Posted at 12-31 02:44
I've been thinking of using Litchi and I have a question or two. Maybe someone could help.

1 - Does Litchi have to option to switch from EC to FCC mode? DJI GO 4 does not, you need to do a fix which I'm sure most of us know about. (I don't live in the US).

1. No, you get the same wifi region popup. Just like in the GO 4 app.
2. Litchi gives you a couple of neat intelligent flight modes. Course Lock and Home Lock (aka headless mode). Pretty useful. Other features can be enhanced regarding DJI's official app.
Search the net, there are tons of videos and articles about Litchi.

Happy new year, mate!
2018-12-31
Use props
Hover_hound
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36745 ft
South Africa

Haggi Posted at 12-31 03:07
1. No, you get the same wifi region popup. Just like in the GO 4 app.
2. Litchi gives you a couple of neat intelligent flight modes. Course Lock and Home Lock (aka headless mode). Pretty useful. Other features can be enhanced regarding DJI's official app.
Search the net, there are tons of videos and articles about Litchi.

Thanks Haggi. Litchi sounds like a good option. I guess DJI would not be happy if you made a claim for a new Spark if you had a failure of some kind though.
2018-12-31
Use props
Haggi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2581785 ft
Norway

Hover_hound Posted at 12-31 03:47
Thanks Haggi. Litchi sounds like a good option. I guess DJI would not be happy if you made a claim for a new Spark if you had a failure of some kind though.

Just remember Litchi do not support OTG, even if we all do go by OTG.
Only bug I know of, is you're not able to set a new max altitude. And maybe change channel/band.
You can set these goin wifi, or set them in the GO 4 app. Litchi will use these settings.

DJI do not approve any 3.party apps, even if they use DJI's SDK.

I've never regret my purchase of Litchi!
2018-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules