Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Crashed and Not Working
1199 9 2018-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mfirth44
lvl.1

United States

So about a year ago I crashed my phantom 2 model #PV331 from about 20-30 feet.  I tried to mess around with it a bit then, but gave up.  The plastic that holds the camera/gimble is bent, as seen in picture. When I turn it on the motor that tries to move the camera/gimble just shakes/stutters as if it can not move to the correct resting position any more and lights stay red.  
I remember last year attemtping to get it to fly again and it saying something about not being able to connect to GPS properly.  

Anyway, I am not attached to the drone in any way, but don't really know what to do with it and I am tired of it taking up space.  Is it possible to fix easily?  It does not seem to have taken any damage to the propellers or arms in any way.  Or is it something I can sell for parts?  I am moving in a couple weeks and don't want to move with it unless it can be fixed without too much work. Hoping for some advice.  

Thanks!

2018-12-22
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
lvl.4

United States

Online searches are your friend. Do you mean this?

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/DJI+Phantom+2+Vision+Plus+Gimbal+Yaw+Arm+Replacement/67775

Or this?

2018-12-22
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
lvl.4

United States

Either way it's going to cost you money if unseen or unnoticeable parts are damaged. If it were mine I would buy a decent used full camera/gimbal assembly. UNLESS OF COURSE that the only thing damaged is the bent arm as you stated.
Personally I also wouldn't use this guy's razor blade methods and he doesn't even clean the residual adhesive from that double-sided tape.

One can only imagine how his other drones and flying are like.
2018-12-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I agree with Josahe Tosa.  I'd get a used working camera/gimbal and then diagnose & R/R the GPS problem.  Then calibrate the IMU and compass.  You can probably get it fully functional for around $130 or so.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DJI-Pha ... w5i5cHs~w:rk:1:pf:0

Good luck
2018-12-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to read that mate
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day mfirth44. I am sorry to know what happened to your DJI Phantom 2. Since this issue happened to your DJI Phantom 2. The best thing you need to do is to send an email at support@dji.com for additional help and analysis on the said drone. Thank you.
2018-12-25
Use props
mfirth44
lvl.1

United States

Thanks for the relpies, folks.  Appreciate ya taking the time to try and help.  I really don't want to take the time/money to fix it at this point, just want to get rid of it.  It was a gift in the first place and never really used it much.  Any idea of how/to who to sell it for parts or something along those lines?
2018-12-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Yep, you can throw it on eBay as "parts/repair" and hope for the best.  Don't sell it as "used" or it may get returned to you as defective.  Sell it as parts/repair.  Good luck.  
2018-12-28
Use props
BSilverthorn
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95144 ft
United States

mfirth44 Posted at 12-28 14:10
Thanks for the relpies, folks.  Appreciate ya taking the time to try and help.  I really don't want to take the time/money to fix it at this point, just want to get rid of it.  It was a gift in the first place and never really used it much.  Any idea of how/to who to sell it for parts or something along those lines?

Let me know what you want for it, I have a 2, that needs some parts to get up and running. You can private PM if your interested.
2018-12-31
Use props
CharlieZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 623432 ft
United States

Sorry for your loss, good luck!
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules