Flying In The Rain Or Ditching Into Water
12Next >
2309 51 2018-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

For some flying in the rain or ditching into the water is a real event. Whether professional obligations or accidents over water result in permanent loss or damage there are new products that may help.  So with that being said has anyone used a Phantom "wetsuit" before and if so how did it work for you?  So far they only make these for the P4 series but I hope they will make them for more models. Please add your experiences and comments about these types of products and thanks in advance.

2018-12-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

If you ditch in water, those 'wetsuits' won't help you squat. They are designed to try and keep rain out. They are NOT waterproof though. And considering the Phantom series are primarily designed for aerial photography, what is the point in flying in the rain? You will only get water on the lens and that will ruin any photos or video.
2018-12-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Catch any lightning Lately? Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-12-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I think the rain-fear thing is a little over-blown.  I've been caught in the rain a few times and nothing ever happens other than rain drops on the lens obscuring the video view.

If I was going to deliberately fly in rain, I'd do it with a cheaper drone.  I'd make a dedicated rain drone.  I'd put a UV filter on the camera and apply Rain-X to it.  I'd block the top air vents with breathable tape and shield the gimbal openings (i.e. gimbal plug and SD card openings).  
2018-12-22
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

Geebax Posted at 12-22 16:33
If you ditch in water, those 'wetsuits' won't help you squat. They are designed to try and keep rain out. They are NOT waterproof though. And considering the Phantom series are primarily designed for aerial photography, what is the point in flying in the rain? You will only get water on the lens and that will ruin any photos or video.

In reference to professionals in certain sectors (such as military and first responders) there are times when they encounter inclement weather and still have to fly.

In reference to everyone else there are still times when it wouldn't hurt to be prepared just in case the weather changes suddenly or they live and fly around bodies of water.

This one wetsuit developer in the video claims it is effective but obviously a person would have to know based on personal use and experience and take into account that with anything there are limitations to how well something may work.
2018-12-22
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 12-22 16:41
Catch any lightning Lately? Haha

Now that's another topic and a good point Red!
2018-12-22
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 12-22 17:04
I think the rain-fear thing is a little over-blown.  I've been caught in the rain a few times and nothing ever happens other than rain drops on the lens obscuring the video view.

If I was going to deliberately fly in rain, I'd do it with a cheaper drone.  I'd make a dedicated rain drone.  I'd put a UV filter on the camera and apply Rain-X to it.  I'd block the top air vents with breathable tape and shield the gimbal openings (i.e. gimbal plug and SD card openings).

All good and logical points. This manufacturer claims it has accomplished that but I don't know if anyone on here has used these and what their experiences have been. I am reluctant to try myself though. Ha!
2018-12-22
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

Geebax, here's an example of an alleged 6 Degree flight while it was snowing.

2018-12-22
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

Geebax, this naturally launches into their related product called Rescue Jacket which is just a drone lifejacket concept. Here's a video of intentional water ditching:

2018-12-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Joszhe Tosa Posted at 12-22 17:32
In reference to professionals in certain sectors (such as military and first responders) there are times when they encounter inclement weather and still have to fly.

In reference to everyone else there are still times when it wouldn't hurt to be prepared just in case the weather changes suddenly or they live and fly around bodies of water.

That developer came on here promoting his 'wetsuit', but got so much flak he eventually left. I will say it again in case you did not get it the first time, that wetsuit will not protect your Phantom in any way if it ditches in water. You may be able to save the aircraft if it lands in fresh water, but not if it lands in salt water. Salt water is conductive, and the LiPo battery can deliver very high currents into the electronics. At the very least the battery will be stuffed, and most likely the rest of the drone as well. Yeah, I have seen his video clips, where is the one where he takes the submerged drone of of the sea water and fires it up?
2018-12-22
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Re falling in water, I have this thing called Get-R-back.  I have never flown with it or used it.  I don't do much over-water flying.  But it's nice to know I have it.  IN CASE.  

You can also apply this stuff on the boards, but I think DJI already does that - at least some.  I can see the boards have been painted with something already.  But some of the earlier DJI boards don't have anything on them.  For example, the P2V FC200 camera boards don't have anything on them.  

https://www.amazon.com/MG-Chemic ... d+conformal+coating

If you're tempted, be sure to read the warnings and be sure to ventilate the work area.  
2018-12-22
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

Geebax Posted at 12-22 17:59
That developer came on here promoting his 'wetsuit', but got so much flak he eventually left. I will say it again in case you did not get it the first time, that wetsuit will not protect your Phantom in any way if it ditches in water. You may be able to save the aircraft if it lands in fresh water, but not if it lands in salt water.

Geebax,

Your emphasizing if someone "GETS IT" or not is entirely missing the point and topic. I'm not advocating these. I am referring to others' experiences based on primarily those who have to face inclement weather so it is obvious you are not comprehending the thread's focus and topic. I am not the thread or topic. GET IT?

Relatedly, if this drone wetsuit life jacket goofball was on here promoting his wares and got flak and thereafter forced to leave as a result that's another matter entirely and one which I am completely unaware of.

The problem with most people on here is that when they reach a certain level they begin to communicate condescendingly or negatively. Most importantly, I do not think I need to emphasize to you if you GET IT or not about it being incumbent on everyone to be respectful on here. This is called participation. It is a DJI forum for everyone and not just for you and your off topic opinions and assumptions.

Thank you nonetheless for your attempts at participation so please steer back to the topic and thread like I am now doing or just disregard. It's that simple. Happy Holidays!
2018-12-22
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 12-22 18:22
Re falling in water, I have this thing called Get-R-back.  I have never flown with it or used it.  I don't do much over-water flying.  But it's nice to know I have it.  IN CASE.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEFfUolQLXA

Roger that, Mark. I've learned a lot from you on here so thanks again. I fly with military and first responders so they have to fly in all sorts of wonky situations.
2018-12-22
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 12-22 17:59
That developer came on here promoting his 'wetsuit', but got so much flak he eventually left. I will say it again in case you did not get it the first time, that wetsuit will not protect your Phantom in any way if it ditches in water. You may be able to save the aircraft if it lands in fresh water, but not if it lands in salt water. Salt water is conductive, and the LiPo battery can deliver very high currents into the electronics. At the very least the battery will be stuffed, and most likely the rest of the drone as well. Yeah, I have seen his video clips, where is the one where he takes the submerged drone of of the sea water and fires it up?

I believe he got the chop as his status changed to banned i think, now any and all posts from him and account has gone, just blatant promoting, but, i believe theres a chap in Australia or NZ that does sommat similar and a lot cheaper
2018-12-22
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Joszhe Tosa Posted at 12-22 18:24
Geebax,

Your emphasizing if someone "GETS IT" or not is entirely missing the point and topic. I'm not advocating these. I am referring to others' experiences based on primarily those who have to face inclement weather so it is obvious you are not comprehending the thread's focus and topic. I am not the thread or topic. GET IT?

The problem with most people on here is that when they reach a certain level they begin to communicate condescendingly or negatively.

When members reach that level, it could just be that they've been around long enough to have gained some wisdom and experience.
GB gave you the correct information once but you didn't take it in and came back asking again.
Your response was a snooty lesson in manners and no appreciation for the info he had given you.

As for the "wetsuit" and lifejacket, they are useless gimmicks promoted by a snakeoil salesman.
GB has given you good info so I won't type it again.
2018-12-23
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

Labroides Posted at 12-23 04:08
The problem with most people on here is that when they reach a certain level they begin to communicate condescendingly or negatively.
When members reach that level, it could just be that they've been around long enough to have gained some wisdom and experience.
GB gave you the correct information once but you didn't take it in and came back asking again.

Looks like you don't "GET IT" either in that there were no questions asked of Geebax. Maybe you both share a language and comprehension barrier?

Information was shared merely to prompt others to provide experiences and opinions but the use of negative off topic comments toward anyone are clearly never solicited by anyone. For some odd reason others include them just for the sake of doing so. It lends nothing to the topic or discussion. In this case it came in the form of if someone GETS IT or not which apparently is a concept you also seem unable to grasp and comprehend. Personally I don't care for these things. I think they are a JOKE just like you and Geebax are by doing what you both do on here. But that doesn't lend to the topic or conversation either does it? So in order for me to not accept something it is because I would be advocating for such nonsensical accessories which clearly I am not nor did I ever mention. It is illogical at best for you and Geebax to assume otherwise. Again perhaps you both have language and comprehension bariers?

"Being around long enough to have gained" anything on here is based on nothing more than points in addition to what most forums suffer from. So the amount of time any of you have been on here further proves your feigned seniority complex. Nobody is impressed. You and others like you also have no idea of others' experiences so take the focus to the topic or just disregard it. It is that simple or do you not GET IT either?

Last but not least if you feel that being direct and truthful is snooty because you and first Geebax are identified as possessing the tendency to be disrespectful in your comments to others then you also don't GET IT. I'm not here to win popularity contests. I'm here to have fun and fly so take your White Knight rescue elsewhere. Get a life and get out flying more because you all take your false sense of security based on your forum seniority statuses way too seriously.

2018-12-23
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I have been banned twice of Phantom Pilots forum because of the Rain Suit ... he claims so many advantages in using it - it became a laughing stock. It made Hand Catching more safe ... it made flying in bad weather easy and safe ... the list went on. It was when he claimed the hand catching in really bad wind and weather - that he scored his best on PP forum !! Myself and a few others were temporarily banned for providing experiences and info that showed how ridiculous his claims were. PhantomPilots forum moderators protect him because he is a Sponsoring Vendor .......... doesn't' seem to matter the product is not quite up to scratch !

OK - with regard to personal experience of using or not using Rain Suit .... I do not use or want to buy the Rain Suit ... these are actual results of my flights :

1. Today I took off and within first minute it started to snow ... I continued the flight for over 10 minutes ... landed ... AC was virtually clear of any snow as the props dealt with that ...
2. I have similarly been caught in the rain ... same ... props basically blow all away to the sides and down...

I do not suggest people should go out and deliberately fly in snow / rain fall ... but if caught - it is not the disaster some claim and Rain Suit guy tries to convince ONLY his product allows you to !
As to dunking in water ........ my P3S went into the river and was completely useless after ... only the motors survived... which are now on my 450 FPV Quad.

An earlier post above makes the very good point about the vents in the shell of the Phantom ... the Rain  Suit does not solve that ...

Sorry "Joszhe Tosa" .... but you will not get any better answers than already given by many ... because they and I see the Rain Suit for what it is ...

Nigel
2018-12-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Joszhe Tosa Posted at 12-23 07:36
Looks like you don't "GET IT" either in that there were no questions asked of Geebax. Maybe you both share a language and comprehension barrier?

Information was shared merely to prompt others to provide experiences and opinions but the use of negative off topic comments toward anyone are clearly never solicited by anyone. For some odd reason others include them just for the sake of doing so. It lends nothing to the topic or discussion. In this case it came in the form of if someone GETS IT or not which apparently is a concept you also seem unable to grasp and comprehend. Personally I don't care for these things. I think they are a JOKE just like you and Geebax are by doing what you both do on here. But that doesn't lend to the topic or conversation either does it? So in order for me to not accept something it is because I would be advocating for such nonsensical accessories which clearly I am not nor did I ever mention. It is illogical at best for you and Geebax to assume otherwise. Again perhaps you both have language and comprehension bariers?

I am puzzled by your continued use of the expression 'off topic'. My first reply to you was right on tropic, as your opening statement invited anyone to comment on the subject. You appeared to be under the impression that the product would protect your aircraft if you ditched in water, which many experienced people on this furm will tell you is not the case, hence my asking if you 'got' the point of my first message. But since you simply want to be rude, and attempt to impress by the use of Big Boy's words, then go to hell, I won't waste my time trying to offer any further advice. Nor, I suspect, will many others.
2018-12-23
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Joszhe Tosa Posted at 12-23 07:36

Information was shared merely to prompt others to provide experiences and opinions but the use of negative off topic comments toward anyone are clearly never solicited by anyone. For some odd reason others include them just for the sake of doing so. It lends nothing to the topic or discussion. In this case it came in the form of if someone GETS IT or not which apparently is a concept you also seem unable to grasp and comprehend. Personally I don't care for these things. I think they are a JOKE just like you and Geebax are by doing what you both do on here. But that doesn't lend to the topic or conversation either does it? So in order for me to not accept something it is because I would be advocating for such nonsensical accessories which clearly I am not nor did I ever mention. It is illogical at best for you and Geebax to assume otherwise. Again perhaps you both have language and comprehension bariers?

You just ticked off the two most knowledgeable people on here.  If you're looking for someone to just agree with what you think you know, then this is not the place.
2018-12-23
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

solentlife Posted at 12-23 10:53
I have been banned twice of Phantom Pilots forum because of the Rain Suit ... he claims so many advantages in using it - it became a laughing stock. It made Hand Catching more safe ... it made flying in bad weather easy and safe ... the list went on. It was when he claimed the hand catching in really bad wind and weather - that he scored his best on PP forum !! Myself and a few others were temporarily banned for providing experiences and info that showed how ridiculous his claims were. PhantomPilots forum moderators protect him because he is a Sponsoring Vendor .......... doesn't' seem to matter the product is not quite up to scratch !

OK - with regard to personal experience of using or not using Rain Suit .... I do not use or want to buy the Rain Suit ... these are actual results of my flights :

All great points Nigel and I agree with everything you posted. Friends of mine are military and first responders who sometimes must fly in rain or snow and without me stating that directly I just wondered who else must fly this way and how they accomplish it regardless of this product or any other. I just wanted to use it as an example and primer for discussion.
2018-12-23
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

Geebax Posted at 12-23 14:19
I am puzzled by your continued use of the expression 'off topic'. My first reply to you was right on tropic, as your opening statement invited anyone to comment on the subject. You appeared to be under the impression that the product would protect your aircraft if you ditched in water, which many experienced people on this furm will tell you is not the case, hence my asking if you 'got' the point of my first message. But since you simply want to be rude, and attempt to impress by the use of Big Boy's words, then go to hell, I won't waste my time trying to offer any further advice. Nor, I suspect, will many others.

Geebax, it wasn't your opinion or advice that is at issue and unfortunately your continued desire to use personal insults is at the forefront of all your comments here. Logical people would see that this detracts from the topic and I merely pointed out to you to refrain from doing so and to remain on topic. So if anyone can contribute positively then by all means but it doesn't have to be personal or negative. If you are offended because I pointed out that your OFF TOPIC remarks are unnecessary and bad form I can't help that.

Most importantly, there is no promoting of any product, service or anything else in this thread AND THAT IS SO CRYSTAL CLEAR THAT ANYONE WITH ANY DEGREE OF INTELLIGENCE WOULD COMPREHEND THAT. Everything else is of your own assumptive and illogical train of thought. If the use of Standard American English offends you that's nobody's problem except your own.

So again, the topic is not me. The topic is:

FLYING IN RAIN OR DITCHING IN WATER

How much easier can I convey this to you? If this is a dead horse topic to you it is not a dead horse to military and first responders who must fly in inclement weather depending on the mission and their own acceptable meteorological criteria that will not ground their drones.
2018-12-23
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 12-23 16:08
You just ticked off the two most knowledgeable people on here.  If you're looking for someone to just agree with what you think you know, then this is not the place.

It's obvious you didn't read anyone's posts except the ones that fit your own confirmation bias. So I'll elaborate a little more and refocus ON TOPIC:

Some have flown in the rain or at times have ditched into water. Now, whether they are military or first responders they at times must fly drones in inclement weather. Even if someone unexpectedly somehow ends up flying in the rain or ditches into water it is on topic here.

Alabama, not everybody is A FAIR WEATHER WEEKEND WARRIOR. Some professionals do and must fly in inclement weather. I'm wondering how they accomplish their missions. That's it.

Ticking people off is not the goal here either but at the same time common courtesy must be extended at all times toward everyone and if not then it should be pointed out and discontinued.  If you think that using a primer to begin discussion is fishing for affirmation then you're clearly and intentionally miscomprehending. It's as simple as that.
2018-12-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ALABAMA Posted at 12-23 16:08
You just ticked off the two most knowledgeable people on here.  If you're looking for someone to just agree with what you think you know, then this is not the place.

I would not bother with him mate, he has no idea at all of what 'on topic' means. He said at the beginning: ' Please add your experiences and comments about these types of products and thanks in advance.' And in the end he got crapped off because someone poo-pooed the product he was promoting. Smells like a reprise of rainman to me.
2018-12-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Joszhe Tosa Posted at 12-23 19:51
It's obvious you didn't read anyone's posts except the ones that fit your own confirmation bias. So I'll elaborate a little more and refocus ON TOPIC:

Some have flown in the rain or at times have ditched into water. Now, whether they are military or first responders they at times must fly drones in inclement weather. Even if someone unexpectedly somehow ends up flying in the rain or ditches into water it is on topic here.

not everybody is A FAIR WEATHER WEEKEND WARRIOR. Some professionals do and must fly in inclement weather. I'm wondering how they accomplish their missions. That's it.
Are you sure about that?
How many actual cases of these professionals carrying out critical missions in heavy rain are you aware of?
I know that this professional understands the limitations of his equipment and would just say no.

If they really do fly in the rain, they get their drones wet and risk losing them.  They also get their lenses wet and can't see/photograph anything properly.
If they are out in the rain, they also have problems with raindrops setting off their touchscreens unpredicatably.
That's it.

Ticking people off is not the goal here ....
But you managed it particularly well just the same.  Congratulations on achieving something.
2018-12-23
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

Labroides Posted at 12-23 20:46
not everybody is A FAIR WEATHER WEEKEND WARRIOR. Some professionals do and must fly in inclement weather. I'm wondering how they accomplish their missions. That's it.
Are you sure about that?
How many actual cases of these professionals carrying out critical missions in heavy rain are you aware of?

Now you offered some red meat but define what you mean by professional according to what you do.

I though am referring to friends from the military in Arizona/California/Nevada, some in Arizona first responder units and some in Arizona forest fire hotshot crews as examples. It's now SOP in Arizona for some first responder units to have some of their unit members COA'd for various and obvious reasons.

The military actively conducts CAX support sorties and state troopers' conduct roadway accident support operations when it must and has to be done regardless of the weather and OBVIOUSLY ONLY as long as it doesn't ground drones. After all we all know drones have OBVIOUS limitations compared to conventional aircraft. I've also seen and been told that they do not haphazardly expose their components as you suggest either.

Furthermore, inclement weather conditions are not the sole criteria for them flying at all. I just mentioned rain and ditching as it is sometimes an unintended consequence of or dependent upon the unavoidable topographical, geographical or developing conditions they may encounter.

It is logical yet hopeful to conclude that one day the tech used for military and first responder purposes will trickle down in new sterilized civilian versions for common use the way some technology does.

As I said before I'm not here for popularity contests but if anyone assumes that insults are acceptable I will point it out for them to refrain from it and then refocus back. Not my fault if some think it is acceptable when it isn't with everyone. Personally, I have no problems with sarcastic humor but I have zero tolerance for outright direct and rude personal comments toward anyone that have nothing to do with anything.

It's clear to anyone paying any attention that you all have established your own rules of communicating with each other over the course of time on here. I am just doing the same but unlike you all I don't waste my time playing footsies and swapping spit over the course of years in order to accomplish that. After twenty plus years in the USMC I expect men to be and act like men but I also expect adults to act accordingly and responsibly. It's that simple.
2018-12-23
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

Geebax Posted at 12-23 20:35
I would not bother with him mate, he has no idea at all of what 'on topic' means. He said at the beginning: ' Please add your experiences and comments about these types of products and thanks in advance.' And in the end he got crapped off because someone poo-pooed the product he was promoting. Smells like a reprise of rainman to me.

Geebax,

You're one serious drama queen. You're also delusional and obsessed with some rainman you keep referring to like you have a schoolboy crush on him or something. Perhaps you were jealous that this rainman crashed or ruined more drones than you ever could on your mission to find relevancy on here with your insolent tantrums?

If you don't GET IT by now that you're the one who got "capped" for being told that you lack good form then you never will so just let it go. If you are just seeking attention then either pretend we all care or go wear a rotten meat necklace and play with your fat ugly blind deaf dog on a freeway somewhere but leave the drones you own with someone who isn't so dumb. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt due to a language barrier but I was wrong. You clearly have an intelligence disorder of some kind.

My words are a sufficient gift of advice to you. You can take it or leave it. I'm done with your churlish inner child. Merry Christmas!

P.S. This is all sarcastic humor at your expense so all you have to do is just laugh it off -- let it go -- and you'll get over it. Besides, I'm quite sure this isn't the first time anyone has ever told you about how you come across to others and if it is then you have clearly lived a sheltered life in your grandparents' basement.
2018-12-23
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Joszhe Tosa Posted at 12-23 22:36
Geebax,

You're one serious drama queen. You're also delusional and obsessed with some rainman you keep referring to like you have a schoolboy crush on him or something. Perhaps you were jealous that this rainman crashed or ruined more drones than you ever could on your mission to find relevancy on here with your insolent tantrums?

Keep it up, you only reveal, with each post, what a venomous a*sehole you are. I have been here for years, and I have seen off more of your type than I care to count. Normally I try to help people, but in your case it is undoubtedly a waste of time. You might note that you have received very few responses to this thread, because most of the members here have correctly identified you as a rude-mouthed idiot. You started the insults, if you care to look back over the thread, not me. Ex USMC? I thought they had higher standards than that.
2018-12-24
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

Geebax Posted at 12-24 00:12
Keep it up, you only reveal, with each post, what a venomous a*sehole you are. I have been here for years, and I have seen off more of your type than I care to count. Normally I try to help people, but in your case it is undoubtedly a waste of time. You might note that you have received very few responses to this thread, because most of the members here have correctly identified you as a rude-mouthed idiot. You started the insults, if you care to look back over the thread, not me. Ex USMC? I thought they had higher standards than that.

No such thing as EX when dealing with the USMC so get it straight there snowflake. Perhaps it is your use of words that MAY BE considered bad form? Let's see. I referred to GET IT and you melted down and told me to GTH? Perhaps it is because your use of English is different and something I am unaccustomed to? The least you could have done was say so but you didn't and went straight to personal attack mode and then did the weakest of things by whining to others to support you. You even claim to speak for everyone on here. Man you are weaker than I thought. If I was wrong about your colloquialism I could admit it but it seems you're incapable of even that.

Not everyone can cut being a Marine. You clearly couldn't cut it and that's apparent which make your insults as pathetic as you are. I was wrong again about what you should be playing with. Try dolls, dress up, makeup and tea sets instead! Merry Christmas. Felicia!
2018-12-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Joszhe Tosa Posted at 12-24 00:24
No such thing as EX when dealing with the USMC so get it straight there snowflake. Perhaps it is your use of words that MAY BE considered bad form? Let's see. I referred to GET IT and you melted down and told me to GTH? Perhaps it is because your use of English is different and something I am unaccustomed to? The least you could have done was say so but you didn't and went straight to personal attack mode and then did the weakest of things by whining to others to support you. You even claim to speak for everyone on here. Man you are weaker than I thought. If I was wrong about your colloquialism I could admit it but it seems you're incapable of even that.

Not everyone can cut being a Marine. You clearly couldn't cut it and that's apparent which make your insults as pathetic as you are. I was wrong again about what you should be playing with. Try dolls, dress up, makeup and tea sets instead! Merry Christmas. Felicia!

Not everyone can cut being a Marine. You clearly couldn't cut it and that's apparent which make your insults as pathetic as you are.

If you had half a brain you would see that I am in Australia. We don't have marines over here dopey.
2018-12-24
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

Geebax Posted at 12-24 00:55
Not everyone can cut being a Marine. You clearly couldn't cut it and that's apparent which make your insults as pathetic as you are.

If you had half a brain you would see that I am in Australia. We don't have marines over here dopey.

Fishing for more attention again? Your use of the word MATE clearly indicates BC citizenry so that is obvious without wasting any more time on your Avatar or profile from the get go. Seriously, WHO CARES where you are from? SMH
You're also completely unaware that BC citizens can enlist in the BRM's or any other British military service but that wasn't the point either you troglodyte. THE POINT is that you could never cut it. PERIOD. Neither there nor here nor anywhere. And yet again you just don't GET IT. SMH

If you keep this up you just might grow on me like a homeless dog that nobody wants but they still take pity on it and keep it around. Seriously, you are one dim bulb aren't you? It's OK. We all know OZ was just the old penal colony for all maldeveloped prefrontal cortex criminals and undesirables of the BC. Based on your feeble attempts at intelligent communication or whatever it is you think you are accomplishing through your attention seeking tantrums it is clear you would be squeegeeing automobile windshields for a living if it weren't for the DJI Forum.

After all -- on here -- you are really something, MATE! Look at you! You're a Captain! Wow! Impressive! But only to you and other fools like you unfortunately. Now shoo because it is way too much fun and unfair to joke about you this much! Happy Holidays, Captain! Ha!

2018-12-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Joszhe Tosa Posted at 12-23 19:51
It's obvious you didn't read anyone's posts except the ones that fit your own confirmation bias. So I'll elaborate a little more and refocus ON TOPIC:

Some have flown in the rain or at times have ditched into water. Now, whether they are military or first responders they at times must fly drones in inclement weather. Even if someone unexpectedly somehow ends up flying in the rain or ditches into water it is on topic here.

You mention "military" several times.  I can tell you've never served.   At the risk of going "off topic",  I would never have gone on a mission with someone such as yourself.  Maybe you should enlist and learn to respect advice.
2018-12-24
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Guys .... for sake of the Season we are now in at least .. can you not just let it go ?

The origin of the topic was ground out pretty quick and then all fell to pieces - being a dogged SOB myself at times - I can definitely recognise when two 'pitbulls' get thrown in to the ring ... so can we have an end to the snarling / tearing at each other ?

Goodwill and Peace on Earth ... and all that jazz ?

Nigel
2018-12-24
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 12-24 05:19
You mention "military" several times.  I can tell you've never served.   At the risk of going "off topic",  I would never have gone on a mission with someone such as yourself.  Maybe you should enlist and learn to respect advice.

And this coming from another self-aggrandizing forum Captain based on an earned point scheme and who has never served right? Now let's try to get your stellar logic straight here so we can all be awed by what you think is a great insult OK?

You actually equate personal insults from you and your little bunch of mean girls on here as advice which is equal to any and all military advice and subsequent service and proof of service? Ha! Yeah,, right, sure.

The way you tell it you are all such expert drone pilots that the military just bows down to you and your little gaggle of girls ganging up in a group when one of their friends gets flushed. Like I said Alabama you are all too obsessed and self-impressed with all your time spent on here and the points you've earned. So take this advice and kick your empty beer cans somewhere else you edentulous clown.
2018-12-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Joszhe Tosa Posted at 12-24 10:30
And this coming from another self-aggrandizing forum Captain based on an earned point scheme and who has never served right? Now let's try to get your stellar logic straight here so we can all be awed by what you think is a great insult OK?

You actually equate personal insults from you and your little bunch of mean girls on here as advice which is equal to any and all military advice and subsequent service and proof of service? Ha! Yeah,, right, sure.

My my, what fancy words!  You must have Mr. Webster sitting right behind you.  Sorry I don't have time to look them up,  so I don't know whether  you're insulting me again , or flattering.  Anyway, have a merry Christmas.
2018-12-24
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

solentlife Posted at 12-24 05:26
Guys .... for sake of the Season we are now in at least .. can you not just let it go ?

The origin of the topic was ground out pretty quick and then all fell to pieces - being a dogged SOB myself at times - I can definitely recognise when two 'pitbulls' get thrown in to the ring ... so can we have an end to the snarling / tearing at each other ?

You're absolutely right about the spirit of the season Nigel. In this case I misinterpreted a colloquialism out of context due to the differences in English between the U.S. and BC countries but I guess I was the only one truly having fun joking back and forth with sarcastic humor.

Speaking of differences someone from the U.K. posted that there is only a 30 day warranty period given on specific electronics which includes drones whether it be manufacturer or operator issues with obvious warranty limitations of course. I don't know if that is true or not but it seems odd to me that any manufacturer would accept limitations in one country that they would not have in another except for the sake of money and freedom stifling governments.

Truth be told I actually enjoy your humor and everyone else's on here. Merry Christmas
2018-12-24
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 12-24 10:43
My my, what fancy words!  You must have Mr. Webster sitting right behind you.  Sorry I don't have time to look them up,  so I don't know whether  you're insulting me again , or flattering.  Anyway, have a merry Christmas.

Take it as flattery because those of us with teeth and who don't suffer from genetic defects due to backwoods country issues often wonder in amazement how you all manage to eat everything you do without teeth.

Merry Christmas, Alabama, and I hope you get another case of beer and cigarettes soon along with your hot morning cup of gravy because you're really grumpy when you are in hangover mode. Ha!
2018-12-24
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
United States

Joszhe Tosa Posted at 12-24 11:11
Take it as flattery because those of us with teeth and who don't suffer from genetic defects due to backwoods country issues often wonder in amazement how you all manage to eat everything you do without teeth.

Merry Christmas, Alabama, and I hope you get another case of beer and cigarettes soon along with your hot morning cup of gravy because you're really grumpy when you are in hangover mode. Ha!

Awe shux, dagnabit, Now I do luv gravy!  I used to get lots o woopins for not lickin that thar label off before puttin it back in tha bowl too! I just asked myself a question tho.  I have a mental picture of a ten
year old boy sitting in front of a computer trying to yank my chain. He just won a spelling bee, and wants to know if he can fly his drone in the rain.  For sure ya can!  Be careful tho, it's obvious you''ve already been standin in the rain wayyyy to long, young fella.  I'm done now for good, so run along and wait
for Santa to leave you that big ole bag o coal. Been fun !
2018-12-24
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Joszhe Tosa Posted at 12-24 11:04
You're absolutely right about the spirit of the season Nigel. In this case I misinterpreted a colloquialism out of context due to the differences in English between the U.S. and BC countries but I guess I was the only one truly having fun joking back and forth with sarcastic humor.

Speaking of differences someone from the U.K. posted that there is only a 30 day warranty period given on specific electronics which includes drones whether it be manufacturer or operator issues with obvious warranty limitations of course. I don't know if that is true or not but it seems odd to me that any manufacturer would accept limitations in one country that they would not have in another except for the sake of money and freedom stifling governments.

The 30 day may kick in for REPLACEMENT of items such as batterys which are of a depleting nature. But lets take DJI batterys for example - these get a 6 month cover in EU, with provision for 2 year depending on the fault. Standard electronics like most items are actually subject to a common 2 year warranty and an overall 6 year period as per EU law.

Specific item warranties can have provision for time limitations for full replacement / refund and then  warranty continues for the 2 years as a repair only status.
If you can show item was not of Merchantable Quality - then the 6 year rule can be used. This 6 year clause is one that you can understand is not one found advertised by sellers !! You need to search out EU rules to find it.

The warranty conditions for EU are far greater for the consumer than say in USA.

This only applies of course to items purchased within the EU from EU based stock.

Another item where EU helps consumers :

If you as an EU resident buy a CD or DVD ... you are legally allowed to copy it and use the copy as long as you have the original to show authorities.
Another is the transfer of Licence of software ... EU rules allow you to sell on software AND transfer Licence to new owner - XXXXXXX get around that one by using a non EU based Licence base.

There are many more examples of advantages for Consumers in EU and UK ... compared to USA and others.

Nigel

2018-12-24
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

ALABAMA Posted at 12-24 11:34
Awe shux, dagnabit, Now I do luv gravy!  I used to get lots o woopins for not lickin that thar label off before puttin it back in tha bowl too! I just asked myself a question tho.  I have a mental picture of a ten
year old boy sitting in front of a computer trying to yank my chain. He just won a spelling bee, and wants to know if he can fly his drone in the rain.  For sure ya can!  Be careful tho, it's obvious you''ve already been standin in the rain wayyyy to long, young fella.  I'm done now for good, so run along and wait
for Santa to leave you that big ole bag o coal. Been fun !

Oh look at you! This is the most attention you've gotten since your family starred in Deliverance isn't it? Can I have an autograph?

Seriously though? Shouldn't you be playing a banjo and drooling somewhere else except on your brother-daddy's keyboard? You're really gonna get that wuppin' now cause he done told you 'bout using his stuff no mo! Ha!
2018-12-24
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
Second Officer

United States

solentlife Posted at 12-24 11:40
The 30 day may kick in for REPLACEMENT of items such as batterys which are of a depleting nature. But lets take DJI batterys for example - these get a 6 month cover in EU, with provision for 2 year depending on the fault. Standard electronics like most items are actually subject to a common 2 year warranty and an overall 6 year period as per EU law.

Specific item warranties can have provision for time limitations for full replacement / refund and then  warranty continues for the 2 years as a repair only status.

Thanks for all the information Nigel. Now I better understand why those from the BC post what they do.
2018-12-24
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules