Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Flying In The Rain Or Ditching Into Water
2303 51 2018-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Joszhe Tosa Posted at 12-24 11:57
Thanks for all the information Nigel. Now I better understand why those from the BC post what they do.

No prob ...

What does confuse is that because forums such as these have a high % US base of membership - the usual advice / info given is US based and forgets Rest of World have different standards / rules / guidelines.

I work internationally with Military and Civilian of many countries - it can be a minefield of sorting out documentation and obligations. It can often mean my overseeing issuance of documentation for Jet Fuel as example with 12 or more designations for its volume / weight !!

I was involved for example in delivering Jet A1 (DEFSTAN - UK Military standard used by NATO / Coalition Forces) along with other fuels and chemicals from country A to country B by ship ... it was then stored for quality rechecks and then railtank cars out ... the railtank cars had to be documented in 6 languages, 12 forms of volume / weight, cross 4 borders before delivery to the forces for use. Each Rail tankcar had to be cleaned, inspected and certified for loading ... the shipments were in 30,000 ton lots ...

It was hell of a job ... but that's why I'm well paid !!

Nigel
2018-12-24
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
lvl.4

United States

solentlife Posted at 12-24 12:14
No prob ...

What does confuse is that because forums such as these have a high % US base of membership - the usual advice / info given is US based and forgets Rest of World have different standards / rules / guidelines.

You're absolutely right about the tendency for the U.S. operations side of things to not fully account for the international side. Consequently, a lot sometimes gets lost in translation and unfortunately I've done it before and not just with the Aussie member on here in this thread. I mostly read everyone's threads to learn about the forum and its knowledge base but when I do comment or post it's only because the forum search function doesn't seem to work well on my end and it always shows zero results for most things I'm looking for. So if I am replicating anything that has been covered before I have no way of knowing that since we all share the common denominator of limited time. Stay airborne Nigel!
2018-12-24
Use props
Bashy
First Officer
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Joszhe, youve been here 10 minutes and look, you've managed to pee off the long timers   i think ya beat my record mind

Everyone else, did anyone else wonder if he was incognito or was that just me? also was wondering if a red herring was thrown in there too, but hey, its 3:30 (or was when i started reading lol) whats a guy to do on Xmas day but to make something out of nothing  
2018-12-24
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
lvl.4

United States

Bashy Posted at 12-24 20:00
Joszhe, youve been here 10 minutes and look, you've managed to pee off the long timers   i think ya beat my record mind

It's because I don't believe in wasting time. Ten minutes huh? Well, I guess I'm getting old and easy-going now because in my prime I would disrupt everything in less than one minute! Ha!

Happy Holidays Bashy!
2018-12-24
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
lvl.4

United States

Bashy Posted at 12-24 20:00
Joszhe, youve been here 10 minutes and look, you've managed to pee off the long timers   i think ya beat my record mind

Gimmicks like this bring to mind another nonsensical contraption someone came up with which is some sort of air-drop device. Of course I won't even comment about the drone parachutes either because someone else may blow a gasket for that too. Ha!

Enjoy your figgy pudding, Bashy.
2018-12-24
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Joszhe Tosa Posted at 12-23 18:24
All great points Nigel and I agree with everything you posted. Friends of mine are military and first responders who sometimes must fly in rain or snow and without me stating that directly I just wondered who else must fly this way and how they accomplish it regardless of this product or any other. I just wanted to use it as an example and primer for discussion.

Perhaps the military & first responders might use the appropriate equipment rather than consumer grade multi-rotors.

The Matrice 200 would much better suit their needs.

2018-12-27
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
lvl.4

United States

Aardvark Posted at 12-27 02:58
Perhaps the military & first responders might use the appropriate equipment rather than consumer grade multi-rotors.

The Matrice 200 would much better suit their needs.

Which goes without saying that they should because military and first responders already do. However, this was intended for general experiences. It also goes without saying that disclosing what first responders and military use is something that should never be done. Of course there are always some general knowledge media sources in the public domain that some may share -- BUT -- with NATSEC, INFOSEC and SOP issues -- the technologies and tactics used by the military and first responders should never be disclosed -- especially on here.

Happy Holidays to you Aardvark.

2018-12-27
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Use of DJI Phantoms / similar by Military / Responders ...  and non-disclosure ?
Hobby Grade gear ? Lets be real about this.

Back to original topic ... Rainsuit has been shown to be what it really is and cannot do ! Its usefulness in Responders work also debunked.

QED - I reckon.
2018-12-28
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
lvl.4

United States

solentlife Posted at 12-28 01:45
Use of DJI Phantoms / similar by Military / Responders ...  and non-disclosure ?
Hobby Grade gear ? Lets be real about this.

Nigel, do you know who Captain Obvious is?

HINT:

Unrelated to Captain America or Captain Marvel and certainly didn't acquire a "Captainship" by accruing points on this DJI forum either! Ha!

2018-12-28
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Latvia

Joszhe Tosa Posted at 12-28 08:09
Nigel, do you know who Captain Obvious is?

HINT:

For me ... not really bothered to be honest.

I read very good posts from absolute newbies and total rubbish from long standing .... a title such as Captain here certainly does not necessarily mean better.

Nigel
2018-12-28
Use props
Joszhe Tosa
lvl.4

United States

solentlife Posted at 12-28 09:13
For me ... not really bothered to be honest.

I read very good posts from absolute newbies and total rubbish from long standing .... a title such as Captain here certainly does not necessarily mean better.

Read your PM's. Ha!
2018-12-28
Use props
Jacob Williams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 824560 ft
United States

Calm Down Please
2019-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now