Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Props in video
1660 17 2018-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Franko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23255 ft
United States

I keep forgetting to lower my camera a bit on my Phantom 4 so I kep getting my props in the video. I was wondering if there is a setting so that I can keep my camera from panning that high.
Thanks
2018-12-22
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Under normal circumstances the camera will be tilted down enough to avoid the props being in shot, but the other reason for them appearing is very rapid acceleration. The general rule about shooting video while flying is to keep all your movements slow and gentle. Having said that, no, there is no setting that will stop the props from being seen.
2018-12-22
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 12-22 18:39
Under normal circumstances the camera will be tilted down enough to avoid the props being in shot, but the other reason for them appearing is very rapid acceleration. The general rule about shooting video while flying is to keep all your movements slow and gentle. Having said that, no, there is no setting that will stop the props from being seen.

What G'man said!

Before I start shooting, I make sure the horizon/land sky are in the top 1/3 of the frame.

In this video, I am going pretty good...maybe 25+ mph    but no props.....now that I'm watching again, I could have been S M O O THER.......grrrr

Randy
2018-12-22
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

rwynant V1 Posted at 12-22 20:38
What G'man said!

Before I start shooting, I make sure the horizon/land sky are in the top 1/3 of the frame.

Smooth is sometimes difficult eh ?  Especially if you are trying to fly and roll the camera down,  or maybe fly & slew.
Practice makes perfect or sometimes no difference at all.  LOL
2018-12-23
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Apart from what's been mentioned, check in 'Gimbal Settings' / 'Advanced Settings' and make sure the 'enable upwards gimbal tilt limit to 30 degree' is not enabled. That allows the camera to tilt to 30 degrees above 'level'.

Stay out of sports mode, moderate acceleration and braking, gimbal tilted down etc.
2018-12-23
Use props
Franko
lvl.3
United States

Aardvark Posted at 12-23 02:36
Apart from what's been mentioned, check in 'Gimbal Settings' / 'Advanced Settings' and make sure the 'enable upwards gimbal tilt limit to 30 degree' is not enabled. That allows the camera to tilt to 30 degrees above 'level'.

Stay out of sports mode, moderate acceleration and braking, gimbal tilted down etc.

Thank you 30 degrees was enabled.
2018-12-23
Use props
Franko
lvl.3
United States

Duplicate post deleated.
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Franko. May I know if you are in Sports Mode? If yes, can you please try to use different mode and let's see. You may also watch the video tutorial below for some tips to change your gimbal behavior. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.

2018-12-23
Use props
Franko
lvl.3
United States

Very informative. I will play with the settings.
Thank you so much.
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Franko Posted at 12-23 10:08
Very informative. I will play with the settings.
Thank you so much.

Hello Franko, if you still need further assistance please don't hesitate to contact us. You can click on "Reply" so that we will be notified on your response. Thanks for your support.
2018-12-27
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-23 08:46
Hi Franko. May I know if you are in Sports Mode? If yes, can you please try to use different mode and let's see. You may also watch the video tutorial below for some tips to change your gimbal behavior. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_0FWyZl450

A handy refresher !
2018-12-28
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I've read in posts that some people will fly backwards, then show the vid in reverse.  

Good luck.  
2018-12-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Manxmann Posted at 12-28 00:46
A handy refresher !

Thank you. You can also go to our YouTube Channel for more video tutorial and tips.
2018-12-28
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

Will do Natalia
2018-12-29
Use props
Franko
lvl.3
United States

No not in sports mode. I will post back after I get a chance to fly it again.
Thank you all.
2018-12-29
Use props
Filip Kyzek
lvl.3
Czechia

Yes the 30 degree gimbal angel can be the problem.
2018-12-30
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Manxmann Posted at 12-23 00:39
Smooth is sometimes difficult eh ?  Especially if you are trying to fly and roll the camera down,  or maybe fly & slew.
Practice makes perfect or sometimes no difference at all.  LOL

I just realized yesterday,  that my gimbal speed was too high.  It was set at 60,   so I turned it down to 10 and oh MY nice difference!!  Very smooth.

Also turned down yaw,  I think in EXPO settings.....

Randy
2018-12-31
Use props
Manxmann
lvl.4
Australia

rwynant V1 Posted at 12-31 09:53
I just realized yesterday,  that my gimbal speed was too high.  It was set at 60,   so I turned it down to 10 and oh MY nice difference!!  Very smooth.

Also turned down yaw,  I think in EXPO settings.....

That should make life easier for you.
2018-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules