Don't forget to look down! (#PicPerDay - Day 5)
883 8 2018-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Day 5 of my #PicPerDay challenge!

#PicPerDay:  
Day 1:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-175166-1-1.html
Day 2:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-175269-1-1.html
Day 3:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-175437-1-1.html
Day 4:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-175495-1-1.html

This photo was captured today and is a reminder to not forget to look around you to find something unexpected.  I was out this evening trying to capture a sunset with a water tower in the foreground.  I was really focused on trying to capture that when I for some reason pointed the gimbal straight down towards the ground.  The picture below is the resulting image.  Its different than what I normally am looking to do, but I thought it turned out pretty cool. What do you think?

DJI_0730-HDR-1 SMALL.jpg

This is image was captured with the Mavic 2 Pro using its AEB photo option to capture 5 bracketed photos.  Those photos were then imported into lightroom and merged as an HDR photo and some slight adjustments were made.  Below is a screenshot from Lightroom.  The top row shows some examples of what I was there trying to capture.  The highlighted images are the 5 bracketed input images.
Lightroom Screenshot.png

What do you think?  Have you captured something unexpected like this when you were looking for something completely different?

2018-12-22
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Cool picture! Nice work!
2018-12-22
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Jackson!
2018-12-23
Use props
FatherXmas
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice!
2018-12-23
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

A pix only a drone could take, very nice!
2018-12-23
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

nice pic - here in the south i am not used to seeing such colors - its beautiful. i have been exploring the hills behind me the past while, especially trying to get to a river via forest roads. there is a maze of forestry roads which are now more navigatable than before. eventually found a gate that blocks the final route we are seeking to explore.
Thought i would put my drone up anyway to see where the road goes. Discovered during the flight that the stream in front of us leads to the river about 2km away.
Walked the first section today but cause i had left my drone in my car and it was not locked we only went about half way.
We trekked through the water and along the rivers edge under the dappled shade of forest trees. a wonderful way to spend a hot summers day.
did not see another human being the entire trip untill we got back to town again.
2018-12-23
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bekaru MP UAV Posted at 12-23 12:20
nice pic - here in the south i am not used to seeing such colors - its beautiful. i have been exploring the hills behind me the past while, especially trying to get to a river via forest roads. there is a maze of forestry roads which are now more navigatable than before. eventually found a gate that blocks the final route we are seeking to explore.
Thought i would put my drone up anyway to see where the road goes. Discovered during the flight that the stream in front of us leads to the river about 2km away.
Walked the first section today but cause i had left my drone in my car and it was not locked we only went about half way.

That sounds like a great day to me!  Thanks for sharing!

The forum is indicating your are in South Africa.  If so, you've got a beautiful country!  I went there for a trip several years back and really enjoyed it.
2018-12-23
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 12-23 10:55
A pix only a drone could take, very nice!

Yep, that is the fun with drones getting a whole different perspective on an area you just can't get any other way.
2018-12-23
Use props
Sky Carrier
lvl.4
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Very nice capture KlooGee. Unfortunately I have not yet had the pleasure to find something unexpected on my shots. Thanks for sharing
2018-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules