Image breaking up screen turning green
1338 11 2018-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Franko
lvl.3
Flight distance : 23255 ft
United States

The image on my ipad mini is breaking up and turning green even when it is within a few feet of the P4. I also tried a Samsung Galaxy tablet and that was even worse. The videos and pictures on the Micro SD card are perfect so its just the screen. Very, very anoying while in flight. I'm thinking it is a transmition or refresh rate setting. Can someone help me with this.Thank you
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Franko. We're sorry for the trouble caused. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your drone via DJI Assistant 2? Also, kindly make sure that the firmware of your iPad is updated to the latest version. Try to re-link your iPad to the drone. If still no luck, try to uninstall and reinstall DJI Go 4 App and let's see if this will work. Please keep us posted for further help.
2018-12-23
Use props
Franko
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 12-23 08:38
Hi Franko. We're sorry for the trouble caused. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your drone via DJI Assistant 2? Also, kindly make sure that the firmware of your iPad is updated to the latest version. Try to re-link your iPad to the drone. If still no luck, try to uninstall and reinstall DJI Go 4 App and let's see if this will work. Please keep us posted for further help.

OK I'll try all that and report back once it has all been done.
Thank you
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Franko Posted at 12-23 10:02
OK I'll try all that and report back once it has all been done.
Thank you

No worries, Franko. Take your time.
2018-12-23
Use props
Phantom Rebel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174 ft

United Kingdom

I had the same issue and it turned out to be the processor for the tablet, its too slow, hence the green screen.
I upgraded my iPad mini to a higher processor and have no issues since doing so.
2018-12-26
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Phantom Rebel Posted at 12-26 03:58
I had the same issue and it turned out to be the processor for the tablet, its too slow, hence the green screen.
I upgraded my iPad mini to a higher processor and have no issues since doing so.

Exactly the right solution.  The apps have gotten pretty power hungry.
2018-12-26
Use props
Tuscani32
lvl.2
Flight distance : 6049741 ft

Norway

Phantom Rebel Posted at 2018-12-26 03:58

I USE the IPad 4 mini and have the same trouble. I have also tried other tablet, but this has ben the best so far. Thought the iPad 4 mini had a fast enough prosessor.  I have ordered arrangement extender hopefully IT will help
Happy for suggestion what to do
2019-1-9
Use props
Tuscani32
lvl.2

Norway

I USE the IPad 4 mini and have the same trouble. I have also tried other tablet, but this has ben the best so far. Thought the iPad 4 mini had a fast enough prosessor.  I have ordered arrangement extender hopefully IT will help
2019-1-9
Use props
Tuscani32
lvl.2

Norway

2019-1-9
Use props
DronePilot_01
lvl.4
Flight distance : 817713 ft
United States

The problem can be caused by overheating due to an overladed CPU. Some users reported that turning off caching of video resolved the overheating problem. The real cause of the problem is that the DJI Go app is optimized for the latest, fastest iPads and the iPad Mini is badly in need of an update and underperforms the full sized iPads. I recommend switching to the larger iPad.
2019-1-16
Use props
Tuscani32
lvl.2

Norway

I have same trouble Ipod4 mini. Bought the 9,7" Ipod with the faster prossesor, same trouble, bought range extender, same trouble, so I will carefully follow this link. Hopefully somebody can come up with a good idea. I have set my camera to automatic.
2019-1-25
Use props
Franko
lvl.3
United States

Tuscani32 Posted at 1-25 07:32
I have same trouble Ipod4 mini. Bought the 9,7" Ipod with the faster prossesor, same trouble, bought range extender, same trouble, so I will carefully follow this link. Hopefully somebody can come up with a good idea. I have set my camera to automatic.

Same here. I have tried everything. Thinking of buying the DJI goggles but theyre too big and bulky.
2019-1-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules