Why No Maps???
1773 9 2018-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rickmo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23901 ft
United States

I have an iPhone 6s that I use just for the Spark. It has no cell service anymore. When I'm flying and touch the map screen at the bottom left, I see the blue dot where the drone is, but I don't see any map. What's the problem here? Seems to me there was a time when I did see the map, but now I see nothing. Also, if I go into the flight records and look at a previous flight, I don't see any map. Do you need cell service/internet connection to see maps?
Any help will be appreciated.

2018-12-23
Use props
TheGemster18
lvl.2
Flight distance : 359413 ft
United States

Okay so what you need to do is before you fly open up your Google Maps on your iPhone zoom out from your current location you need to do this with your GPS enabled and you need to have at least the Wi-Fi connection, zoom out at the current location you're at and that will cache  the location where you are at. Then you can take your phone plug it into your controller with your OTG cable start your DJI go 4 app.  And you should see a map
2018-12-23
Use props
TheGemster18
lvl.2
United States

Screenshot_20180221-182706.png
2018-12-23
Use props
TheGemster18
lvl.2
United States

I hope this helps you sir happy holidays
2018-12-23
Use props
rickmo
lvl.2
United States

TheGemster18 Posted at 12-23 08:40
Okay so what you need to do is before you fly open up your Google Maps on your iPhone zoom out from your current location you need to do this with your GPS enabled and you need to have at least the Wi-Fi connection, zoom out at the current location you're at and that will cache  the location where you are at. Then you can take your phone plug it into your controller with your OTG cable start your DJI go 4 app.  And you should see a map

Thanks. I'll give that a try. I thought the map was a DJI map. Didn't know you could use Google or Apple maps. So what happens if I drive to an area where I have no wiFi connection to download the Google or Apple map?
2018-12-23
Use props
rickmo
lvl.2
United States

TheGemster18 Posted at 12-23 08:42
I hope this helps you sir happy holidays

Thanks. Will try.
2018-12-23
Use props
TheGemster18
lvl.2
United States

Well what you really want to do is download the map hopefully there's a spot right where you're going to fly where you can get some public Wi-Fi and hopefully download the map if not, maybe you can get a mobile hotspot and use your phone.
2018-12-23
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

What I do, is I preload the maps but not in apple maps but in DJI go itself!!!
Works perfectly.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-12-23
Use props
rickmo
lvl.2
United States

Alex B. Posted at 12-23 14:58
What I do, is I preload the maps but not in apple maps but in DJI go itself!!!
Works perfectly.

Hmmm... don't know how to do that! ???
2018-12-23
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

rickmo Posted at 12-23 15:16
Hmmm... don't know how to do that! ???

Open the DJI go app, then select enter device without turning on the drone or the remote, you just get black view, but in the corner, you’ll have the map. Well press on it, then just drag it around the area where you wanna fly, zoom in and all. Then just don’t close the app, that’s it, super easy.

Fly safely and enjoy
Alex
2018-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules