Why doesn't this guy understand basic rules?
1463 16 2018-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pedro Castelani
Second Officer

Argentina

The other day I received an email from the Phantom Pilots Forum on the top articles and I found this one. I read the post and I really wanted to tell him that because of people like him things like the Gatwick incident occur. Unfortunately, the thread was closed and I could not send him a reply. People like him are responsable for the growing dislike and fear of drones. If our hobby/profession/work suddenly starts disappearing, we could thank him personally for it.

2018-12-23
Use props
shybar
New
Israel

mavic 2 and huawei dosnt work together?
2018-12-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Pedro. Thanks for sharing this topic here in DJI Forum. If you have any question, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-12-23
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Think yourself lucky you can still access PhantomPilots ........ I am banned till Jan 2 for daring to question a Moderator.

Nigel
2018-12-23
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Not sure what your problem is with that "one" post...he is simply raising a reasonable question to a problematic subject.  Does DJI have the right to tell you what you can and cannot do with your property after you bought and own it.  He does not appear to be stating he will do something he shouldn't with his property, but maybe he would, do you know for sure?  Keep in mind there are professionals out there that do have legitimate and lawful reasons to fly their drone in a DJI defined no fly zone, while having FAA permission etc. to do so.  That in itself is a problem, you have the actual controlling agency providing for such allowances yet the company you bought it from will not allow it, that is no where near an optimal situation.
Either way you seem to be jumping to a conclusion you cannot make here unless you know something more than my scan of the post showed.
2018-12-23
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Lets consider the high performance vehicle where various countries have initiated maximum speed capability .. 150mph is one such.

Lets also consider the Hyabusa motor cycle that attained the fastest road speed record some years back ... and the Motor Cycle manufacturers unilaterally agreed that was the limit and no-one was going to risk lives pushing it further .. in fact they derated the bike for sales so it could not hit such speeds while in hands of public .. (since then the agreement was broken of course but the point was it was made).

DJI is only another action to try and protect itself from the stupidity of Humans ...

Nigel
2018-12-23
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

solentlife Posted at 12-23 11:36
Lets consider the high performance vehicle where various countries have initiated maximum speed capability .. 150mph is one such.

Lets also consider the Hyabusa motor cycle that attained the fastest road speed record some years back ... and the Motor Cycle manufacturers unilaterally agreed that was the limit and no-one was going to risk lives pushing it further .. in fact they derated the bike for sales so it could not hit such speeds while in hands of public .. (since then the agreement was broken of course but the point was it was made).

From the stand point of protecting yourself from litigation that I could understand...
However, my issue is a bit more direct in that I don't think you should have to go through all the trouble of getting the appropriate permissions and clearances of the authorities that actually have control over the airspace and then have to work similar hoops with a foreign company that neither has the authority or is likely to be nearly as responsive as a local controlling authority can be.
Stupidity aside, and agree there is enough of that to go around as it is, just because something makes sense on paper does not mean it is a good idea.  At some point you cannot save idiots from themselves and stop criminals from doing evil.  Extrapolate this further, if we were really going to try and litigate, legislate, and control all negative human behavior, who gets to decide what those are going to be.  Depending on that, I don't think it would be a world worth living in as invariably it will have collateral effects with unintended consequences.  Not to mention short of the Lord returning I don't think man can achieve such a lofty goal, if so, then it would have occurred a long time ago.  I know in today's world it seems like an ancient concept but I still believe in personal responsibility, and that the Darwin effect can cleanse the gene pool of idiots doing idiotic things.  The only problem with that is when those idiots endanger others, and for that they should be severely punished.  Yet, there is the rub now isn't it, we want to stop and control people from doing things we don't like but then we don't want to severely punish those who do end up doing it anyway and cause others harm in doing so.  Society cannot have it both ways on this, just sayin.  
2018-12-23
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

Genghis9 Posted at 12-23 17:41
From the stand point of protecting yourself from litigation that I could understand...
However, my issue is a bit more direct in that I don't think you should have to go through all the trouble of getting the appropriate permissions and clearances of the authorities that actually have control over the airspace and then have to work similar hoops with a foreign company that neither has the authority or is likely to be nearly as responsive as a local controlling authority can be.
Stupidity aside, and agree there is enough of that to go around as it is, just because something makes sense on paper does not mean it is a good idea.  At some point you cannot save idiots from themselves and stop criminals from doing evil.  Extrapolate this further, if we were really going to try and litigate, legislate, and control all negative human behavior, who gets to decide what those are going to be.  Depending on that, I don't think it would be a world worth living in as invariably it will have collateral effects with unintended consequences.  Not to mention short of the Lord returning I don't think man can achieve such a lofty goal, if so, then it would have occurred a long time ago.  I know in today's world it seems like an ancient concept but I still believe in personal responsibility, and that the Darwin effect can cleanse the gene pool of idiots doing idiotic things.  The only problem with that is when those idiots endanger others, and for that they should be severely punished.  Yet, there is the rub now isn't it, we want to stop and control people from doing things we don't like but then we don't want to severely punish those who do end up doing it anyway and cause others harm in doing so.  Society cannot have it both ways on this, just sayin.

Genghis9 —I feel the same! P.S. fly safe and have a Happy NewYear...
2018-12-27
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Generally society now legislates based on the worst case. Take traffic laws .... speed limits etc. How many roads do you know that speed limit is low but in all honesty could be raised without too much risk ?

DJI have as I understand it - taken the decision to implement Fly Safe and various limitations in FW to appease authorities. DJI is a world leader in these type of models and unfortunately are the model that hits the headlines whether its a DJI or not.

My Local Airport ... few months back on the Airport Open day ... I was an organiser of the RC Model Display inbetween full size activity. One of the requests was to have my and another P3 video from above the event with spectators etc. Airport said yes ... but when I checked DJI's listing for NFZ's that could be unlocked - our Airport was one listed as not available to unlock. Sadly - there were no other brand birds to do the job available so it was omitted.

Nigel
2018-12-27
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
United States

solentlife Posted at 12-27 08:36
Generally society now legislates based on the worst case. Take traffic laws .... speed limits etc. How many roads do you know that speed limit is low but in all honesty could be raised without too much risk ?

DJI have as I understand it - taken the decision to implement Fly Safe and various limitations in FW to appease authorities. DJI is a world leader in these type of models and unfortunately are the model that hits the headlines whether its a DJI or not.

Well, I'd like to see your point here, but I just cannot agree...and your story is exactly why I stand firmly on my position about all this.  IF there was a rapid responsive way to obtain unlocks on any zone without hassle and delays once the actual authority has approved it, then I might be far more agreeable here.
2018-12-27
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Of course I would have liked to be able to fly within the airport to video the event - but because of idiots who have 'crossed' the line and caused authorities and DJI to act - it was not to be.
This was the event ...

Working in an environment that demands extreme safety - I often feel the rules / guidelines I have to adhere to are too restrictive and actually at times can have adverse effect. But they are there and I have to abide by them. With regard to the NFZ and our flights ... I live within a Restricted Zone due to being close to that same airport. It stops me flying in one direction on approaching its perimeter. I accept it as a safety matter even though I have Airport Manager as personal friend and on speed dial !

Authorities instigating rules / laws based on the worst case or shall we be honest - the idiots of the human race -  I term it the Darwin Effect ...

Nigel
2018-12-27
Use props
Pedro Castelani
Second Officer

Argentina

Would have looked lovely if you could have flown the P3. Those airports without much traffic are perfect for events like those, what a pity that they aren't seen as a possible drone airspace by DJI. It feels logic, anyways, since it would be quite hard to map, find and unlock so many small zones
2018-12-28
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

The Airport that I feature there - previously was on 3hour standby during weekdays and special call for weekends... that was sufficient time to allow us to fly models and still clear the taxi-way / runway if a full size called in.
Then local authorities who own the airport set it on 30min 7 day week standby ... basically it then means National funding is secured ! Plus of course it opens the way for any NATO use if needed. It has now shut down all model activity except during Open Days and Town Festivals. With of course the now in place permanent NFZ lockdown.

Nigel
2018-12-28
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

In the perfect world none of these rules, regulations & controls would be necessary - however ................  
2018-12-29
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

Manxmann Posted at 12-29 02:25
In the perfect world none of these rules, regulations & controls would be necessary - however ................

As Humans are part of the Animal World ... as in all other species - we have our idiots and imbeciles.

Sadly because of them - rules are put in place.

It was not that long ago that idiots such as Hogwart strapped a gun to a Quad and then uploaded a video to Youtube 'proudly' showing it being fired in flight.
Other idiots flying round TV towers - over crowds - causing emergency services to be grounded ... the list goes on and those are actuals - not the 'reported'.

When Helicopters became more prevalent - the LiPo / Brushless revolution - already rules and guidelines were being looked into ... long before multi-rotors came along. MR's have added to the 'pile'.

Our discussions in LARPAS are 1% general RC and 99% Drones !

Nigel
2018-12-29
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

solentlife Posted at 12-29 03:24
As Humans are part of the Animal World ... as in all other species - we have our idiots and imbeciles.

Sadly because of them - rules are put in place.

Have just had a case during a bushfire in Tasmania.  One drone caused the grounding of 6 Firefighting helicopters.

Recently an emergency Medivac chopper was unable to take off with a patient onboard because some d##head was getting a few shots of the accident.  He could have just waited for 6 o'clock news - but no..

Sometimes it makes me feel reluctant to mention drone flying even amongst friends.  The number of times I have heard the comment "Oh,  perving over the neighbours fence eh ?  Hehehe"  Get a life !
2018-12-29
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

I think the idiots that cause trouble should have jail sentences ... not slaps on the wrist "Oh you bad boy ... don't do it again" ....

It gets me annoyed - same as those a*****'s who dump puppies / kittens on the road side ...

https://www.facebook.com/TheIndependentOnline/videos/377782736338308/

... don't get me going !!

Nigel
2018-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules