3rd Request for firmware update required
941 6 2018-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Just after the 0.0500 firmware update became available I promprtly installed it as was indicated by the DJI GO 4 App.  I did this throught the DJI GO 4 App.
Then some time later there was another request to update to the 0.0500 firmware version which I did through Assistant 2.

Yesterday I flew my Mavic Air depleting 5 batteries and no request for firmware update.

Late this afternoon I started up as usual and guess what?  Firmware Update to 0.0500 request.

I checked the forum for recent firmware update issues but found none.

So what now?  Update using DJI GO 4 or Assistant 2?
2018-12-23
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had this problem too when I noticed that the firmware version checks was unsuccessful. This happened when the data on my phone was not able to connect to the DJI server. All I did was disable and able my phone data connection. Then load DJI Go 4 app again.
2018-12-23
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 12-23 11:32
I had this problem too when I noticed that the firmware version checks was unsuccessful. This happened when the data on my phone was not able to connect to the DJI server. All I did was disable and able my phone data connection. Then load DJI Go 4 app again.

Thank you for your reply.

However I need to make sure that I understand what you did. You UNINSTALLED the DJI GO 4 App on your mobile device (phone) and then re-installed and then it was ok that the firmware update was installed on the Mavic Air?
2018-12-23
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

HendrikJB Posted at 12-23 16:14
Thank you for your reply.

However I need to make sure that I understand what you did. You UNINSTALLED the DJI GO 4 App on your mobile device (phone) and then re-installed and then it was ok that the firmware update was installed on the Mavic Air?

No, I  didn't uninstalled Go4 app. I just make sure I have Internet connection on my Phone so the App  can check the Firmware version.
2018-12-23
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

He reset his data connection on his phone and it worked for the firmware check
2018-12-23
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

小仙女的星巴克 Posted at 12-23 16:51
No, I  didn't uninstalled Go4 app. I just make sure I have Internet connection on my Phone so the App  can check the Firmware version.

Thank you for clarifying.
2018-12-23
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
South Africa

rolling56 Posted at 12-23 17:03
He reset his data connection on his phone and it worked for the firmware check

I always have wifi connection.

Thanks.
2018-12-23