Inspire 2 Maintenance Manual
12516 17 2018-12-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

1.jpg To ensure flight safety and the aircraft’s performance, carrying out maintenance is recommended after 200 flights or after the aircraft has flown for 50 hours.

Read this article and see how to maintain the Inspire 2.

Battery

1. Check if the battery is damaged or misshapen. If yes, please stop using it, fully discharge the battery and then safely discard it.
2. Check the battery and battery compartment port, if there is any debris, clean it out, and make sure the surface is clean.

1.jpg
3. Connect to DJI GO 4 and check each battery cell’s voltage. If a battery cells’ have a voltage difference above 0.2 V or DJI GO 4 indicates the battery cell is abnormal, please update the battery to the latest firmware, fully charge the battery, and then do not use the battery for the next 72 hours. While the battery is idle, the cells will automatically balance the voltage difference. If the problem still exists, please go to https://www.dji.com/support/product/inspire-2 and contact DJI after-sales service.
4. If the battery has been stored for a long time without use, it is recommended to check the battery’s condition every month and discharge the battery every three months.

Aircraft

1. Check if all screws on the airframe and landing gears are secured. And check if there are any cracks on the aircraft or if the aircraft is damaged. If yes, please stop flying, and go to https://www.dji.com/support/product/inspire-2 and contact DJI after-sales for help.

2.jpg
2. Check if the aircraft arm’s carbon fiber tubes are loose or misshapen, and check if the left and right landing gears are symmetrical.

5.jpeg

3. Before checking the transformation mechanism, you can enable the “Disable Landing Gear Auto Lock” function, then use the remote controller to lift and lower the landing gears repeatedly to check. If the landing gears cannot be normally lowered or raised, power off the aircraft, stick a slotted screwdriver into the small hole at the bottom of the aircraft, then slowly rotate the screw lever at a constant speed to check if the screw lever and the gear unit in the servo can operate smoothly. If the parts get stuck or cannot rotate smoothly or if the screw lever is damaged or bent, please go to https://www.dji.com/support/product/inspire-2 and contact DJI after-sales for help.

(If the parts are rusty or there is dirt on the parts, clean them with a WD-40 spray.)
4. Check if the E type circlip on the transformation mechanism’s lever is bent or misshaped.

5.jpg

Gimbal Camera

1. The gimbal, camera, as well as the lens, should be kept in a dry, dust-free environment. If the product is damp or mildewed, please store the product with a desiccant or place the product in a moisture-proof box.
2. Check the metal contact pins on the gimbal and aircraft’s gimbal port. If there is debris or dust, please clean it off with a brush or a dust blower.
3. Connect the gimbal camera to the rubber shock absorbers on the aircraft’s bottom shell. It is recommended to replace the rubber shock absorbers after 120 flights or after 40 hours of flight. To ensure flight safety, please replace the rubber shock absorbers if they are aging or damaged.

6.jpg

Vision System

1. Check if the vision system lenses are dirty. Please keep the lenses clean.

7.jpg
2. If DJI GO 4 indicates the vision system is abnormal, please connect the aircraft with a PC and calibrate the vision system again.
3. Check if the ultrasonic sensors and Infrared Sensing System for dirt or debris. If there is any debris, clean it off.

8.jpg

Flight Controller System

1. Connect the aircraft to the app to check the sensors’ status. You can also go to the Flight Controller Advanced Settings to check the IMU and compass’ status.

2. Check the GPS module’s top and all landing gears, make sure no metal pieces are attached.  

3. Observe the aircraft’s real-time flight data during the flight. Stop flying immediately if there is anything abnormal.

9.jpg

2018-12-23
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810082 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for this.  I think that many pilots will conduct these tests routinely, as part of their operational requirements.  There do seem to be a few things missing though.....

1. A complete maintenence manual would be good so that, if you choose to, you can strip and rebuild the machine.
2. Details of tightening torques for screws (all of them).  Whether locking compounds are needed.
3. A more sophisticated proceedure for checking transformation alignment.
4. Mention of a test for motor rotation smoothness.
5. Interpretation of DAT file data from flight log information, using CSVview or similar.

These are just a few provisional ideas, whilst having a morning cup of tea, I expect that many others will follow!  Most of the people who use the I2 routinely for work, and have (or employ people with) engineering experience, would benefit greatly from the above.  It would also go towards satisfying the national organisations to whom we are responsible for the safe operation of our aircraft.
2018-12-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

GeoffG Posted at 12-26 01:18
Thanks for this.  I think that many pilots will conduct these tests routinely, as part of their operational requirements.  There do seem to be a few things missing though.....

1. A complete maintenence manual would be good so that, if you choose to, you can strip and rebuild the machine.

These are great suggestions that have been asked for years starting with the Inspire 1. Unfortunitely, this will go unanswered by DJI.
The trend for large tech companies to keep there product under tight control is not new. Apple, Microsoft Tesla to name a few. They are very strict selling parts and information and prefer that you send the item into the OEM repair center.
I think they play the liability card …. and that they are trained to make the repairs. Actually IMO it is all about more revenue to the bottom line.

Don't get me wrong, I support DJI and have many drones. Until we see a strong competitor in this market don't expect to see anything change.
Rich
2018-12-29
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Rich,
I'm sure that you're right - can't blame me for trying though!   

I've been used to buying electronic instruments for years with really detailed information - circuit diagrams, fault finding processes, test procedures and so on, so it's frustrating that you get no data!
The other thing is that, with large scale integration of components into blocks, less detailed skill is needed to fault find - just swap boards.  So it makes sense to supply the data and the spares  (I think).  
Do you reckon DJI care about servicing revenue?   
2018-12-29
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

GeoffG Posted at 12-29 10:33
Hi Rich,
I'm sure that you're right - can't blame me for trying though!   

I wish DJI could share information more transparently. I think you are right as they make these drones with more removable modules the end user could repair them by swapping out bad parts.

Yes, service is an huge market and really do not expect this to change in the near future....

All the best
Rich  
2018-12-30
Use props
Nicksons
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2668717 ft
Argentina

RichJ53 Posted at 12-30 13:54
I wish DJI could share information more transparently. I think you are right as they make these drones with more removable modules the end user could repair them by swapping out bad parts.

Yes, service is an huge market and really do not expect this to change in the near future....

Is almost like that, Ive repaired all my drones by myself, spares parts  and tools are available in the market, the knowledge required is everywhere on the internet too, the only things you need is time, money and patience !!!
2018-12-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nicksons Posted at 12-30 19:02
Is almost like that, Ive repaired all my drones by myself, spares parts  and tools are available in the market, the knowledge required is everywhere on the internet too, the only things you need is time, money and patience !!!

Yes there are ways to buy parts and tools.... agreed.  It's just hard for some to get the information needed. You cant buy the repair manual that tells you all the inside secrets of repair for your DJI drones.

IFIXIT  has many things to offer parts and tools. The right to repair is strong with this company  

Rich
2018-12-30
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Maybe its time for a Maintenance and Repair Forum?
2018-12-31
Use props
JBSonic
Second Officer
Flight distance : 779019 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is useful, thank you DJI
How would I go about aligning those arms properly?

miss-aligned Inspire 2

miss-aligned Inspire 2

2019-1-2
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3228383 ft
Argentina

JBSonic Posted at 1-2 04:58
This is useful, thank you DJI
How would I go about aligning those arms properly?
[view_image]

I´m having the same issue
I think it can be done loosenig the torx bolt. In the union of the arm with the central arm
Problem is: what is the right position?
2019-2-7
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

What about motors maintenance? I think it´s the part that stresses the most
Bearings that should be replaced?
2019-2-7
Use props
GeoffG
lvl.4
United Kingdom

It's well worth checking motors regularly by rotoating the props and getting a feel for the characteristics.  I fould one to be lumpier than the others and had all 4 motors and ESCs replaced under warranty.  

Also, there's a massive amount of data in the csv files of the flight logs which can be checked using CSVview.  It's difficult to interpret the results because there is no data about what is normal, but certainly for motors you can check whether one is drawing more power or hotter than the other 3.
2019-2-7
Use props
Airking Pilot
lvl.4
Argentina

GeoffG Posted at 2-7 23:41
It's well worth checking motors regularly by rotoating the props and getting a feel for the characteristics.  I fould one to be lumpier than the others and had all 4 motors and ESCs replaced under warranty.  

Also, there's a massive amount of data in the csv files of the flight logs which can be checked using CSVview.  It's difficult to interpret the results because there is no data about what is normal, but certainly for motors you can check whether one is drawing more power or hotter than the other 3.

But is there anywhere documented the time motors can flight before replacing them / having a special maintenance like bearings replacement?
2019-2-27
Use props
PH3KS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Is the shown prop alignment by Dji correct?
All others i have seen including mine have prop tips about 1cm higher.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/ ... ge1283#post39993301
Screenshot 2019-02-28 at 15.49.36.png
2019-2-28
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

These things above are checked regularly on mine. I too would like a more comprehensive breakdown manual.
2019-3-20
Use props
cragod
lvl.1
Flight distance : 54859 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for posting this, a great help.
2019-4-21
Use props
MaciekT
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2159413 ft
Switzerland

Thanks, it a lot help. More this kind of informations will appreciate.
2019-4-26
Use props
fans49d0f2e9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 388655 ft

Pakistan

My Tb50 batteries are swilling then i changed battery cells but now its not working and asking about software can you please tell me which software is good for tb50 batteries
2023-8-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules