Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Connect / Disconnect loop issue when attaching Osmo Pocket to LG G6
3123 7 2018-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Colombian
lvl.1

Colombia

Well, finally got my Osmo Pocket and was looking forward to recording bits and pieces of my family Christmas celebrations. Unfortunately I am not able to activate the Osmo Pocket because it enters in some form of connect / disconnect loop as soon as I attach it via the smartphone adapter to the phone.

I have an LG G6 with Android 8.0.0

• - The Osmo Pocket seems to rapidly connect and disconnect, like a bad charging cable, initializing the Mimo App but only to start reproducing the tutorial videos. The phone continuously vibrates as if connecting and disconnecting an external device but not being able to achieve a stable connection.
  • - The USBC socket on the phone is clean and works fine when connected to a charger, to a pc and to other devices even when when using an OTG cable.
  • - The phone (Software) is up to date, clean and scanned with Eset Mobile Security
  • - I have used LG Smart Doctor App to optimize phone and delete old temporary files
  • - The phone has over 45% internal storage available and runs about 60% memory
  • - I have installed, uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Mimo app version 1.0.0 (Dec 4,2018) directly from the Play Store.
  • - I have removed my silicone phone case to allow the Smartphone adapter to be fully seated in the phone connector.
  • - I have accessed the USB configuration to manually select MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) as suggested on another forum post, however due to the connect/disconnect loop, the connection  resets immediately to “charging”
  • - I have switched between different wireless networks and mobile data to sign in to DJI with the Mimo App as suggested on another forum post.

Can't think of anything else to try. This is very frustrating.
Are there any forum users using the Osmo Pocket with the LG G6 phone?

2018-12-24
Use props
fans64a32f07
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7539 ft
Germany

Looks like you tried everything. Last possibility might be trying to disable ever security app running in background, and try to enter expert mode in your phone, activate USB debug mode
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, Colombian. Unfortunately, LG G6 is not fully compatible with Osmo Pocket. Actually, there is a possibility that it will work, however, since it's not yet optimized with our application we cannot guaranteed the stability of the application if this will work all the time while using the specific mobile device. We highly suggest you use the compatible device that was listed on our website to avoid any problem. Thank you.

2018-12-24
Use props
djiuser_j5rAjSitBG0K
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same exact issue with my osmo pocket and LG G6. Seems like DJI was in a hurry to release the hardware for the holidays before the software was ready. Ill be returning mine until the issue is resolved.
2018-12-24
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

When you get the Charging Only box come up, try pressing cancel instead of FTP. On my Android phone, the Mimo app then opens directly to the Osmo Pocket.
2018-12-25
Use props
Shescor
Second Officer
Spain

look to see if you have the development options enabled and uncheck USB debugging
2018-12-25
Use props
Smokewagon
Flight distance : 348140 ft
Canada

djiuser_j5rAjSitBG0K Posted at 2018-12-24 19:12
I'm having the same exact issue with my osmo pocket and LG G6. Seems like DJI was in a hurry to release the hardware for the holidays before the software was ready. Ill be returning mine until the issue is resolved.

Ok I have LG G6
Start app on phone
Connect via dongle ,wait 3-5 secs
Start Osmo
You shall see blue camera icon turn blue in app
Good to go
2019-3-29
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Another possibility is the phone can't keep up with the camera. Try first lowering the frame rate and the image resolution on the Osmo Pocket before connecting. If that works, then within the Mimo app try increasing the frame rate and resolution and see if the Pocket and phone go back into the connect/disconnect cycle. If it does, then your phone does not support those resolutions.
Sometimes when using phones that are not on the approved list, the base connector will give a more stable output than the side dongle one. Particularly as voltage levels drop on either the phone or Pocket.  
If you try to use a lead from the side dongle rather than a short solid converter, this will also cause connect/disconnect cycles whereas the base connector doesn't seem to suffer as much. It's a PITA for those wanting to use an additional audio adaptor and their phone screen.
2019-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules