Ronin S for X-T3 with battery grip attached?
3165 8 2018-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Family van Eijk-Lamoral
lvl.1

Spain

Maybe a stupid question, but does the Ronin S work with the X-T3 when it has optional battery grip attached? Somehow I can't seem to find the answer.
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will check your query with our engineers for further information in regards to your query. We do appreciate your interest in our product. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-24
Use props
Family van Eijk-Lamoral
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 12-24 15:49
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. We will check your query with our engineers for further information in regards to your query. We do appreciate your interest in our product. Thank you for continued support.

Many thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated! Looking forward to the answer. Merry Christmas!
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Family van Eijk-Lamoral Posted at 12-24 15:52
Many thanks for your feedback. Much appreciated! Looking forward to the answer. Merry Christmas!

Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. We're sorry that the camera that you've mentioned is not yet compatible with our Ronin -S as of the moment. However, for the optional battery grip can be used as long as the camera is compatible with our Ronin -S. Please refer to the link below for you to check what are the cameras that would compatible with our Ronin -S. Thank you for understanding and Merry Christmas to you as well!

https://www.dji.com/ronin-s/info#downloads
2018-12-25
Use props
Family van Eijk-Lamoral
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Tony Posted at 12-25 09:50
Hi, thanks for your prompt reply. We're sorry that the camera that you've mentioned is not yet compatible with our Ronin -S as of the moment. However, for the optional battery grip can be used as long as the camera is compatible with our Ronin -S. Please refer to the link below for you to check what are the cameras that would compatible with our Ronin -S. Thank you for understanding and Merry Christmas to you as well!

https://www.dji.com/ronin-s/info#downloads
Hi,

Many thanks for your feedback.
I am aware that the X-T3 (or any Fuji) is not yet compatible with the Ronin S.
Nevertheless, this doesn't mean that the camera cannot be mounted. The only thing that won't be working is some special features that control the camera. The basic Gimball functionality should work however.
My question was if would leave the battery grip attached. Will it fit and will it be properly balanced?

Apart from that, people have been asking for a very long time to have support Fuji cameras.
Don't forget the new X-T3 is even beating the GH5 in many areas, however it is lacking IBIS.
As a result, a Gimball is essential.
When can we finally expect support for this camera?

The new Moza Air 2 does seem to support Fujifilm ;)
2018-12-25
Use props
Family van Eijk-Lamoral
lvl.1

Spain

@dji tony any feedback regarding the above?
2018-12-28
Use props
dangrafics
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Hi DJI, don’t know if you’re looking what happening but the new Fuji X-T3 was nominated best camera of the year by many mainstream youtubers: DPReview, Philippe Bloom, Tony & Chelsey, ...
As mentioned above the X-T3 lacking IBIS so to fully take advantage of this awesome camera who by the way many people are buying or switching to, a gimbal or any type of stabilisation is highly require.
Knowing that it’s legitimate for those of us in the Ronin-S community who happen using Fuji camera (X-T3 or X-T2) to ask when this platform will be supported, at least just to start / stop the recording or take picture.
I hope you can understand our request and interest to see the Ronin-S community growing with all those Fuji users.

By advance many thanks for your answer.
2018-12-28
Use props
Family van Eijk-Lamoral
lvl.1

Spain

Apparently business is that good that they don't need to respond to people asking for a bit more information?

Will start looking at their competitors. If they can't even actively assist potential customers on their own forum, I don't even want to know how their aftercare will fare.
Shame.
2018-12-29
Use props
BrettMartin
lvl.1
United States

Ronin S works great with the X-T3 with or without the grip. It does not have any of the special functions or even start/stop recording. which is crazy because it has both a USB-C jack for power/control and a headphone style remote jack that uses the old-school, touch two wires together to start/stop. Why they can't support one of these two is beyond me. I will also note that while the USB-C plug fits and provides power to the X-T3 it does not supply enough current to charge the batteries. I made my own Fuji dummy battery (9v) to 12v DJI accessory port (12v) adapter. It works well but it really shouldn't be necessary.
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules