Stolen drone
10859 31 2018-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WooAf
lvl.1
Germany

I will make it short, my drone was stolen in my home, I got the police case number and everything needed, I have contacted DJI to see what are my plans, I don't want another drone, I want my stolen drone to be localized or blocked from future use, and they can't do that ?

I can remotely block / delete / find my 200$ android phone but I can't do the same with an 1800$ device ?

I have both my drone and camera serial number, my email is the first email used to activate the drone via DJI Go Cloud, I have the proof of purchase and even my DJI Care proof of purchase.

All I want is to find it so the police can actually do their job.

I have my home insurance covering my lost, but I don't think I will purchase a new DJI drone with my check, they don't care about us.
2018-12-24
Use props
gsxcorey
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7690 ft
United States

I would think they could find it via the gps if the person turns it on? It's serial numbered or something I would imagine.
2018-12-24
Use props
WooAf
lvl.1
Germany

gsxcorey Posted at 12-24 09:43
I would think they could find it via the gps if the person turns it on? It's serial numbered or something I would imagine.

They can but they don't want to.

To answer your question, no we won't be able to check if someone has used the stolen drone on the cloud as it breaches the privacy of the users.

Actually I don't find how this breaches the privacy of the users as it is my drone, if someone steal my phone, I can still locate it using Find my Phone, they should do something similar.
2018-12-24
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I hate thieves. You know who took it i guess? since it was stolen from your home or did other items get taken with it?
2018-12-24
Use props
WooAf
lvl.1
France

rolling56 Posted at 12-24 10:10
I hate thieves. You know who took it i guess? since it was stolen from your home or did other items get taken with it?

Other items too and I'm not alone, my neighbor too, so I would be really appreciate to find out who did that but DJI doesn't want to help
2018-12-24
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

I guess i would start calling all the pawn shops so they get alerted in town and maybe the next town over each way.
2018-12-24
Use props
WooAf
lvl.1
France

rolling56 Posted at 12-24 11:13
I guess i would start calling all the pawn shops so they get alerted in town and maybe the next town over each way.

Done already my friend, police got the serial number too in case they see something but getting the exact location would be perfect so they can arrest that person and give us our items back
2018-12-24
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would put a local ad looking for a drone and check out the SN when looking.
2018-12-24
Use props
WooAf
lvl.1
Germany

Lucas775 Posted at 12-24 12:26
I would put a local add looking for a drone and check out the SN when looking.

That's actually a good idea, will do that, thanks
2018-12-24
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

WooAf Posted at 12-24 12:41
That's actually a good idea, will do that, thanks

I'm a genius!
2018-12-24
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Track your phone, it might lead to your drone
2018-12-24
Use props
WooAf
lvl.1
Canada

Boffin Posted at 12-24 13:35
Track your phone, it might lead to your drone

I have my phone on me, it will lead to me ;) haha it was just an example, we can track a phone but not a drone that is connected to multiple gps..
2018-12-24
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

ya or craigslist
2018-12-24
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Apologies From your message it appeared that your phone was stolen too.

So if you have the s/n and maybe 'proof of purchase' then it is interesting to find out why dji cannot de-activate this machine as they can authorise a particular machine to fly in a NFZ so what's so hard to de-authorise it from flying anywhere?
2018-12-24
Use props
WooAf
lvl.1
Canada

Boffin Posted at 12-24 13:59
Apologies  From your message it appeared that your phone was stolen too.

So if you have the s/n and maybe 'proof of purchase' then it is interesting to find out why dji cannot de-activate this machine as they can authorise a particular machine to fly in a NFZ so what's so hard to de-authorise it from flying anywhere?

They can actually de-activate a drone but they only do this when it was not activated, when they ship a drone and never arrive to its owner...

We apologize, we don't have a way to block an already activated drone. It is only possible if the unit is not activated yet without a bounded email address in cases for stolen units during shipment.
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

WooAf Posted at 12-24 14:43
They can actually de-activate a drone but they only do this when it was not activated, when they ship a drone and never arrive to its owner...

We apologize, we don't have a way to block an already activated drone. It is only possible if the unit is not activated yet without a bounded email address in cases for stolen units during shipment.

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about what happened to your drone. We understand that this is really important for you. In order to locate your stolen drone, kindly try to use the "Find My Drone" option which can be found in the app. If this option will not work, unfortunately, we are unable to track or block your stolen unit. We can track it only if the person who stole it fly the aircraft, offer us the DJI account and synchronize records to DJI cloud. We recommend that you report the theft to your local authorities. We are deeply sorry to hear about what had happened. If you have further concern that needs to be addressed, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you.
2018-12-24
Use props
WooAf
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Diana Posted at 12-24 15:20
Hi there, we are sorry to hear about what happened to your drone. We understand that this is really important for you. In order to locate your stolen drone, kindly try to use the "Find My Drone" option which can be found in the app. If this option will not work, unfortunately, we are unable to track or block your stolen unit. We can track it only if the person who stole it fly the aircraft, offer us the DJI account and synchronize records to DJI cloud. We recommend that you report the theft to your local authorities. We are deeply sorry to hear about what had happened. If you have further concern that needs to be addressed, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thank you.

If someone else is flying with it on another DJI account will I see it under the find my drone ?
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

WooAf Posted at 12-24 23:26
If someone else is flying with it on another DJI account will I see it under the find my drone ?

Hi WooAf, sorry that is impossible since the drone didn't connect to the APP, the Find My Drone only shows the coordinate and position when the drone was connected to the APP last time, we are so sorry for the inconvenience, hope your local authorities will help to find it.
2018-12-25
Use props
WooAf
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-25 04:32
Hi WooAf, sorry that is impossible since the drone didn't connect to the APP, the Find My Drone only shows the coordinate and position when the drone was connected to the APP last time, we are so sorry for the inconvenience, hope your local authorities will help to find it.

So why do you offer me to use the Find My Drone if this can't help me ?
2018-12-25
Use props
WooAf
lvl.1
Germany

DJI_Carnage Posted at 12-26 12:09
Why would it be our responsibility to track down your stolen product? No-where do we advertise this feature at all for any products we release. The devices are not connected through mobile networks like cellphones nor do they have CDMA/GSM chips put in them. They have GPS trackers that work up to a specific distance from the drone. You do not have to log in to a DJI account in order to fly it so you can fly it without ever even being connected to a single DJI server without any problems.  I do not understand why you come on here upset at us. It is very unfortunate that this did occur but next time maybe move to a less crappy part of town.

Thank you for being a DJI customer and have a wonderful day!

I don't care about tracking my device, I want it to be blocked because I have purchased it, I am the owner of it and that should be possible
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI_Carnage
New
Flight distance : 478757 ft
United States

WooAf Posted at 12-26 13:29
I don't care about tracking my device, I want it to be blocked because I have purchased it, I am the owner of it and that should be possible

While you are at it, call Nikon and ask them to deactivate their cameras everything they are stolen. Then get mad for doing nothing at all.
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

WooAf Posted at 12-25 08:07
So why do you offer me to use the Find My Drone if this can't help me ?

We are sorry for Diana's post, she was trying to help. The drone cannot be locked in this circumstance, hope the local authority will help to locate the drone.
2018-12-27
Use props
fans4e0948dd
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-12-27 00:28
We are sorry for Diana's post, she was trying to help. The drone cannot be locked in this circumstance, hope the local authority will help to locate the drone.

Hi,
I had my Mavic 2 pro stolen a few days ago along with the controller.

Just to double check:
In case someone fly it, would the new flying location get updated on my DJI GO 4 app?

If not, in what circumstances would my app show an updated drone location?
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans4e0948dd Posted at 2-13 21:17
Hi,
I had my Mavic 2 pro stolen a few days ago along with the controller.

We are so sorry for your loss, regretfully, we are unable to track the stolen aircraft, tracking it would require the drone to be flying when it was lost through the flight records on DJI Go 4 APP. And anyone who have the drone could fly it after registering a DJI account, we are unable to check the flight records either unless the flight records were synced to the cloud and we get the DJI account.
It is recommended to report the local authorities and allow the police to run on their investigation of the incident.
2020-2-14
Use props
djiuser_shPUsCSsRsZr
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2-14 00:40
We are so sorry for your loss, regretfully, we are unable to track the stolen aircraft, tracking it would require the drone to be flying when it was lost through the flight records on DJI Go 4 APP. And anyone who have the drone could fly it after registering a DJI account, we are unable to check the flight records either unless the flight records were synced to the cloud and we get the DJI account.
It is recommended to report the local authorities and allow the police to run on their investigation of the incident.
Hope you find it bro
2020-6-5
Use props
djiuser_PWqnoeTBf6QT
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124780 ft
United States

I recently had someone steal my mavic pro and thank god my mavic pro 2 was being repaired but the idiots took my mavic pro2 remote with my mavic pro and left my my mavic pro remote so I had to spend 160 for a new remote and they have a drone with a remote that won’t do anything there needs to be a way to track are drones if stolen it’s bull... that nothing can be done I’ve given dji a lot of money not to count my mini that got taken in a storm and was not where it said it was me and 2 of the guys that work for me searched for hours there’s the two remotes that go to my two missing drones very upset that nothing can be done but because I use them for work I’ll have to use dji you would think all the money I’ve given them and the fact that I use them they’d offer me something but we know that won’t happen
image.jpg
image.jpg
2020-8-8
Use props
bri eye
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10499 ft

United States

I agree DJ I Don't Care about Us
2020-8-21
Use props
VaDroneGuy3000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13599 ft
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2018-12-24 12:42
I'm a genius!

Well, not really because you spelled "ad" with two d's.
2020-10-15
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

VaDroneGuy3000 Posted at 10-15 03:26
Well, not really because you spelled "ad" with two d's.

No I didn't
2020-10-15
Use props
thatguyspike
lvl.1
Flight distance : 405912 ft
United States

bri eye Posted at 2020-8-21 14:00
I agree DJ I Don't Care about Us

True story. They will recommend Authorized Service Centers ran by dishonest people in a heartbeat and never take any responsibility for their actions after they screw over a customer.
2021-1-18
Use props
djiuser_5l2nw3s0s9aD
New

United States

My truck was stolen and my drone was inside my truck.
Serial # 3Q4CJ8S3A36PJW
2022-1-29
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_5l2nw3s0s9aD Posted at 1-29 17:50
My truck was stolen and my drone was inside my truck.
Serial # 3Q4CJ8S3A36PJW

We are sorry to hear about this, we recommended that you file a police report for your stolen case. Sorry about this.
2022-1-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules