Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
External mic starts and stops recording randomly
1151 6 2018-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dronoob
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Spain

Hi,

I am using an OM2 with an external Boya BY-MM1 plugged to a Nokia 7 Plus. The problem with that is that DJI Go starts and stops recording randomly. It does not matter what mode I am using: Normal, time lapse, whatever.

I start the recording and after 3 seconds or 10 seconds or 60 seconds it stops recording. It also seems to automatically start recordings after a similar amount of time. When I leave the devices unattended they fill the phone with many small video recordings. Annoying.

As soon as I unplug the jack (3.5 mm) from the phone or the mic, everything works properly.

Any Ideas what could be wrong?
2018-12-24
Use props
Dronoob
Second Officer
Spain

I just found others saying that DJI Go does not support external mics. Probably some sounds are interpreted as signal from a remote controller. At least that would explain it.
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we do apologize for the inconvenience that it caused. We will check this concern with our team to see if the microphone could be a problem why the application automatically starts and stops recording. We highly appreciate your patience.
2018-12-24
Use props
Lonesome Crow
Captain
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>
United States

Try using your Boya BY-MM1 plugged to your Nokia 7 Plus and not use the DJI App to operate the Osmo, but do turn the Osmo on.  Use the default camera controls and see if you can get the microphone recording you need until DJI can fix the issue.  I use both the default camera app on my Samsung 6 and the DJI Go App depending on what I am shooting.  Sometimes, the default camera app just does a little better.
2018-12-24
Use props
Dronoob
Second Officer
Spain

Thanks for the hint about a different recording app. I tried "Open Camera". It supports a variety of sound interfaces including an external mic over 3.5 mm jack. It is working. When I use DJI Go and unplug the microphone it is also working without any issues.

This means, I can work around this issue. It would be great though if DJI Go had support for external microphones.
2018-12-25
Use props
Dareth
lvl.1
Australia

I am also having the same issues it all appears to be related to other Bluetooth hardware being active in my case it is my Bluetooth hearing aids that causes the recording to stop, I have tried disconnecting all bluetooth hardware and forcing close to apps running via BT, this sometimes helps, but there are other issue with DJI Go app around BT and Microphones. really very frustrating and wasting a lot of valuable recording time. Come on DJI please address this with an update
2018-12-26
Use props
teamadcor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1061847 ft
Germany

Does anyone have this external mic problem when using a Huawei 20 pro and an Osmo 2 stick?
2018-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules