Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Activation Problem of a Different Type
1690 13 2018-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
EdM
Captain
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems the new one I purchased from Best Buy today just starts up and never gets to the registration/activation screen on the phone.  Goes straight into the app and everything appears to work.   Does not even ask for a firmware update.
Did I get a unit that someone had activated and returned?   How do you tell?   If it was a Phantom or Mavic I know this would be the case.
2018-12-24
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

Does sound odd, or maybe someone at the shop activated it for demo purposes. Check the firmware update against the latest release.
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. May we have the serial number of your unit via PM for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-24
Use props
EdM
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-24 13:53
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. May we have the serial number of your unit via PM for further help. Thank you for the support.

Thanks DJI Tony, private message sent.

BTW - it is already on Firmware 01.02.00.20     

Forgot to mention in my first post that it only took 25 minutes to charge the battery and I was only using 1 amp.
2018-12-24
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Captain

United Kingdom

EdM Posted at 12-24 14:00

BTW - it is already on Firmware 01.02.00.20     

I don't think the charge amount means that much. Mine arrived in its prepacked wrapping showing 86% charge upon switch on.
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

EdM Posted at 12-24 14:00

BTW - it is already on Firmware 01.02.00.20     

Hi, thanks for providing the information. May we know if you manage to test the performance of your Osmo Pocket on how long it will last?
2018-12-24
Use props
EdM
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-24 18:43
Hi, thanks for providing the information. May we know if you manage to test the performance of your Osmo Pocket on how long it will last?

I have re boxed it and plan to return it after Christmas if it has already been activated.  

Shame I won't be able to use it tomorrow.

2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

EdM Posted at 12-24 19:09
I have re boxed it and plan to return it after Christmas if it has already been activated.  

Shame I won't be able to use it tomorrow.

Hi, thanks for your reply. We will forward this information for further help. We will keep you posted once we've received feedback from our team. Your patience is highly appreciated.
2018-12-25
Use props
EdM
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-25 09:06
Hi, thanks for your reply. We will forward this information for further help. We will keep you posted once we've received feedback from our team. Your patience is highly appreciated.

Thanks Toni,  will hold off on taking it back til I hear from you.
2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

EdM Posted at 12-25 14:51
Thanks Toni,  will hold off on taking it back til I hear from you.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've sent a message to you via PM. Please check your inbox later. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-26
Use props
EdM
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-26 14:45
Hi, thanks for the reply. I've sent a message to you via PM. Please check your inbox later. Thank you for the support.

Private message answered
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

EdM Posted at 12-26 18:07
Private message answered

Hi, thanks for providing the information. We will keep you posted as soon as we received the feedback. I would recommend contacting the re-seller as well to determine what is there after sales policy for return product for you to be aware.
2018-12-27
Use props
EdM
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Tony.   I think Best Buy will take it back.   Problem is right now they don't have a replacement in stock at any area location.
2018-12-27
Use props
EdM
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-27 12:47
Hi, thanks for providing the information. We will keep you posted as soon as we received the feedback. I would recommend contacting the re-seller as well to determine what is there after sales policy for return product for you to be aware.

Had no problems exchanging it at Best Buy.   After seeing the original packaging I know for sure it was a return.   Activation and update worked absolutely flawless.  I even found out I could use a USB-C to Lightning cable and hook from the bottom of the OSMO Pocket to my iPhone and it works.
2018-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules