Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Focus Problem is Becoming a major Issue
1711 7 2018-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tallguysd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 145489 ft
United States

Im a big DJI fan and im losing my Christmas sprit over the New DJI Osmo Pocket this thing is turning into the Grinch that stole Christmas

Tommorow Morning  (Christmas Day)  tons of People are going to open gifts and find a DJI Osmo Pocket under the Tree.. And then when they go to use them the intenet is going to break with videos coming in from everywhere saying Why do I have to Register, I cant get mine to Focus Correct, the face tracking keeps losing me, Why Can't I order accessories yet!

I want this Camera to be amazing but it's becoming a pain in the butt

The Camera is so small that any little twitch and you get footage that can't be used, ( Google the DJI Ninja Walk )

Here is the latest Video Im trying different tricks to get so some footage that can be used but it's not working..

I could not even wlk through my Apartment complex without having the camera lose focus over 10 times and lose face tracking about 4 times..

Here is a video showing the steps I have tried to get some footage that just looks good enough to use! But at the end of the day was not!

2018-12-24
Use props
CubbyJonson
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The osmo pocket has got a bit of a rushed onto market feeling to it at the moment & has many flaws like having to connect to a phone for pro mode...hopefully future updates will improve things considerably or I will be selling my OP for a hero 7
2018-12-25
Use props
Tallguysd
lvl.1
United States

Oh and if you don't own a device that has usb C or is apple you can't register your camera as there is no connector...
2018-12-25
Use props
KEN5423
lvl.4
United States

Dude......are you for real???Use selfie mode and your face is locked and tracked in perfect focus.What idiot would just turn the pocket around,can't see the viewing screen and is not in facial tracking mode and expect it to focus on your face???How do you even know how to dress yourself everyday without help?GTFOH!
2018-12-25
Use props
Tallguysd
lvl.1
United States

KEN5423 Posted at 12-25 15:47
Dude......are you for real???Use selfie mode and your face is locked and tracked in perfect focus.What idiot would just turn the pocket around,can't see the viewing screen and is not in facial tracking mode and expect it to focus on your face???How do you even know how to dress yourself everyday without help?GTFOH!

I turned the camera around to prove a point!  The DJI Osmo Pocket in Selfie mode using face tracking causes the video to jump back and forth when in full auto.

SO I decided to see if you would get the same effect when shooting without turning the camera into selfie mode and quess what it still has the same effect Dude!

I'm glad you enjoyed the video and look forward to all the amazing footage you will post with your DJI Osmo Pocket, Thanks again for your input.
2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Tallguysd, sorry for the unpleasant experience with Osmo Pocket, our engineers are working on the focus issue and will get it optimized via the future firmware update. Osmo Pocket doesn't support the phones with the Micro USB port, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-29
Use props
Curt1591
Captain
Thailand

The 2 biggest bones of contention are the lack of focus lock and the lack of exposure lock; the latter is what I find most annoying. Because these issues have been repeated, and seconded, many times, one can't help but believe these are a priority with the DJI software developers.

You're only a couple days into the device. Kick back, relax, and see what develops ...
2018-12-29
Use props
Webcruise
Second Officer
  • >>>
Germany

KEN5423 Posted at 12-25 15:47
Dude......are you for real???Use selfie mode and your face is locked and tracked in perfect focus.What idiot would just turn the pocket around,can't see the viewing screen and is not in facial tracking mode and expect it to focus on your face???How do you even know how to dress yourself everyday without help?GTFOH!

Hello Ken5423. But that is exactly the point, his face should be in focus. He could have filmed other people walking around and the same thing would have happended, like in many other videos. The camera should recognize that his face should be in focus, especially when his face is covering most of the picture. This demonstration shows that the algorithm is not well programmed, I really hope this not a hardware weakness (poor CPU) but a software algorithm problem that can be fixed.

Best regards, Alexander
Munich
2018-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules