MA Battery Failure 20% directly to 0%
6685 5 2018-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blasko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97904 ft
United States

Hi all. Wondering if anyone else has had a similar issue as me here.
I'll make a long story short here, unless more details are necessary. As I was flying, I never got a low battery warning, my remote tells me battery level critical and starts landing.
It lands safely and as I pick it up its dead. 0%. Unresponive. I then swap in my other two batteries and have two flawless flights. I thought I had roughly 25% battery at the time. My Flight record later shows that the drone went from 21% straight to 0%

The battery will not take a charge.
I think that that is wild and I must have had some freak hardware issue inside the battery. Initially the drone was over water when it did this but luckily It responded to right stick controls and landed safely

UNFORTUNATLEY, it gets worse
The next day, I make another flight.

The same thing happens. I was finishing up my flight I usually try to land between 25-30% battery remaining, but since I was short one battery now, i decided to land at 20% since I was super close and low altitude. The second battery does the same thing. Critical Level, completely unresponsive after landing, wont take charge.

I emailed DJI and all they did was tell me how to store, charge my batteries and to leave it on the charger with no hub for 2-3 hours.
I did all this before even emaiing. I tried multiple charges, etc.

I purchased this directly from DJI in mid may 2018
I have 67 Total Flights and it shows my battery were charged approx 15 times each.DJI says warranty is 6 months or 200 charges. My drone is nowere neat 200 charges.
Since I'm JUST OUTSUDE the 6 month battery warranty DJI says they cant help me and that i should purchase new batteries.
I think its BS for lack of a better term. Like it was programed to do so shortly after warranty expiring.
I think that this is somehow software related personally since two batteries went at the same % the same way one day apart.
I'm now afraid to fly at all.

Anyone have anything like this happen?
Thanks for your time.

2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Blasko, we're sorry for the troubles. May we know how do you contact our support? Is there any ticket number for similar for reference? Also, please kindly provide us with the SN of the faulty battery, we'll double check, thank you!
2018-12-26
Use props
Blasko
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97904 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-26 02:58
Hi Blasko, we're sorry for the troubles. May we know how do you contact our support? Is there any ticket number for similar for reference? Also, please kindly provide us with the SN of the faulty battery, we'll double check, thank you!

I contacted by email
My request # is 1526742

My drone serial is  0K1UF3U00E015Z
My first battery serial is 0K4XF3E94300DR
My second battery serial is 0K4XFE94300G6

After watching my flight data I'm convinced that my third battery will do the same.
I'm unable to edit my post but it goes from 21% straight to 0%

I below is a video of my flight records on my DJI go 4 app watch as i scroll the battery percentage drops instantly.

Both batteries were fully charged just before my flights. I am aware that the first flight shows starting at half battery. that is because i landed to recalibrate compass, and took off again. During the flight with the first battery failure the drone gave me compass issues that I never had had before that.
Please advise. I even have DJI care and whoever was helping by email isnt helping at all.
This drone has never been crashed, Never been dropped, Alwyas been taken care of . Please Help.
Thank you

http://blaskolife.com/Uploads/Forums/DJI/flightrecords.mp4

Link:Video of flight data

2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Blasko Posted at 12-26 17:24
I contacted by email
My request # is 1526742

Thanks for getting back to us. This has been forwarded to the designated team for check, they will review and contact you during the working time.
2018-12-27
Use props
andreicadaniel
New

Romania

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-12-27 18:14
Thanks for getting back to us. This has been forwarded to the designated team for check, they will review and contact you during the working time.

Hello,

Same thing happened to me. From 23% dropped to 0% and landing. If you check my log you can see that the battery is still at 23% even is an alert of critical low battery.
app.airdata.com/flight/ef5ac5f29ecf7264e8850d2c2fcc8646/GENERALNotifications&val=detailed[/url]

The worst has when it dropped from 87% to 0%. This problem I had with two different batteries.

app.airdata.com/flight/c94f66af04af13b2698ae33968e55f10/GENERALNotifications&val=detailed[/url]
2019-2-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

andreicadaniel Posted at 2-16 16:01
Hello,

Same thing happened to me. From 23% dropped to 0% and landing. If you check my log you can see that the battery is still at 23% even is an alert of critical low battery.

Hi andreicadaniel, we're sorry that we do not support to analyze the flight records of the third-party platform. For your situation, I sincerely suggest you contact support@dji.com, offer the flight records and battery SN for better assistance, thank you!
2019-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules