Downloading the file isn't available issue
6436 23 2018-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Godzira
lvl.2
United States

I've been having issues downloading photo and video footage from my Osmo Pocket to my iPhone XS MAX. Everyone I get this error I have to restart my iPhone and I'd be able to download one or two then I get the same error again.

Need this to get resolved
2018-12-24
Use props
Godzira
lvl.2
United States

Downloading the file isn't available issue

I've been having an issue downloading a 4K 60fps footage from my Osmo Pocket to my iPhone XS MAX. Yes I do have enough storage to pull this off.

Need this to get fixed soon.
4A7A8CCE-3538-421D-8193-037904BD35AA.jpeg
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. For the iOS series mobile device, 4k with 60FPS is not supported to be downloaded directly from the app. 4k,30 FPS is not supported to be downloaded for the iPhone older than iPhone 8. We would recommend downloading the file from SD card for the mean-time. No worries, if there will be an update in regards to this matter, we will inform you right away. We highly appreciated your understanding in regards to these limitations.
2018-12-24
Use props
Godzira
lvl.2
United States

Hi Tony

When is the plan to make this enabled for iPhone users?
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're very sorry for the inconvenience caused. May I know if you are getting an error message? If yes, could you please upload a screenshot of the issue so we can check  this on our end? Thank you.
2018-12-24
Use props
Godzira
lvl.2
United States

Hi Natalia

This is a duplicate post. To be specific I couldn't download any 4k 60fps footage to my iPhone XSMax (only this and not photo). Do you know when this is going to get fixed?

Thanks
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Godzira Posted at 12-24 18:55
Hi Natalia

This is a duplicate post. To be specific I couldn't download any 4k 60fps footage to my iPhone XSMax (only this and not photo). Do you know when this is going to get fixed?

Hi. DJI Mimo can download 4K 60fps video to an iPhone’s photo albums. However, as iPhone series’ albums do not support 4K 60fps videos, the album will check the video’s resolution and frame rate when users are saving a video to the album, and the iPhone will reject the video. As a result, the Osmo Pocket cancels the option of saving 4K 60fps videos to an iPhone.
At present, the iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS MAX support 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps video downloading. The next app version will add support for the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus to download 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps video.
2018-12-24
Use props
Godzira
lvl.2
United States

Natalia, can you please elaborate further, I don't quite understand what you mean. This is exactly what in trying to do, to download these 4k 60fps footage to my iPhone XS Max photo album. That's all I want to do but I can't. I keep getting the same error.

I recently bought a GoPro Black 7 too, and I have no issues saving footage to my iPhone photo album.

Thoughts?
5BA0542A-BD49-494A-91DC-05C11274A6DF.jpeg
2018-12-24
Use props
perryb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United States

I got the same today.Wasted 2 hours of my time on a shoot.They sell 4k etc but u can not use it with the edit tools they give you.Very disappointing.
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Godzira Posted at 12-24 18:35
Hi Tony

When is the plan to make this enabled for iPhone users?

Hi Godzira, iPhone series’ albums do not support 4K 60fps videos of H.264, therefore, 4K 60fps taken by DJI Mimo is rejected by iPhone album, we are very sorry the inconvenience caused, please download 4K 60fps from the SD card, thank you.
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

perryb Posted at 12-24 21:29
I got the same today.Wasted 2 hours of my time on a shoot.They sell 4k etc but u can not use it with the edit tools they give you.Very disappointing.

Hi perryb, please check my post in 5#, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-24
Use props
Godzira
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-24 22:51
Hi Godzira, iPhone series’ albums do not support 4K 60fps videos of H.264, therefore, 4K 60fps taken by DJI Mimo is rejected by iPhone album, we are very sorry the inconvenience caused, please download 4K 60fps from the SD card, thank you.

Thanks for a clearer explanation Mindy.
If what you say is true, how come I'm able to download my 4K footage from my GoPro Hero 7 to my iPhone?

Also I keep hearing that people were being told by DJI reps that this will be fixed on the next Mimo update. If this is true then it sounds like it's more of Mimo limitation more than anything?
2018-12-25
Use props
Godzira
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-24 22:52
Hi perryb, please check my post in 5#, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Also Mindy is not I don't believe you. But if H264 is the problem then 4K30FPS should be a problem too, but I can download them just fine. It's just the 60fps one that has the issue. Also please see my GoPro comment above.

I think we need to get a clear and unified message from your developer/product manager, if this issue is getting fixed or not with the upcoming Mimo update.

If it is then I would be more than happy to wait but if it's not, then I would return my Osmo Pocket while it's still under 30 days.

Because I do believe that the primary goal for Osmo Pocket is mobility then I should be able to edit these videos on mobile without transferring them to PC/Mac. That would beat it's purpose.

If you can ask your developer or your project/product manager and ask two things:
1. If this is getting fixed with Mimo update?
2. If yes, when can we expect the update?

Thank you again Mindy or anyone from DJI customer reps. Merry Christmas and Happy holidays to you all
2018-12-25
Use props
fans3b021e5c
lvl.1
Flight distance : 84337 ft
Australia

This remains unclear.
Could DJI please answer whether 4K 60 download is coming to the MIMO app as I will need to return the OSMO Pocket if it is not coming.
I am able to download 4K 60 from a GoPro device to my iPhone XS Max but not footage from the Osmo, even via an SD card reader.
The XS Max can take footage in 4K 60 itself so why can I not download 4K 60 taken with the Osmo to my phone?
Thank you.
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Godzira Posted at 12-25 08:41
Also Mindy is not I don't believe you. But if H264 is the problem then 4K30FPS should be a problem too, but I can download them just fine. It's just the 60fps one that has the issue. Also please see my GoPro comment above.

I think we need to get a clear and unified message from your developer/product manager, if this issue is getting fixed or not with the upcoming Mimo update.

Hi Godzira, sorry for the late response, to be more precise, the video coding format of Osmo Pocket is H.264, the code rate on 4K60 video is 100Mbps, therefore, the iPhone series’ albums will reject the download, this is not the issue we can optimize it temporarily and easily, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans3b021e5c Posted at 12-26 05:38
This remains unclear.
Could DJI please answer whether 4K 60 download is coming to the MIMO app as I will need to return the OSMO Pocket if it is not coming.
I am able to download 4K 60 from a GoPro device to my iPhone XS Max but not footage from the Osmo, even via an SD card reader.

Hi there, the video coding format of Osmo Pocket is H.264, which is different from Go Pro since they are using H.265. The code rate on 4K60 video is 100Mbps, therefore, the iPhone series’ albums will reject the download itself, this is not the issue we can optimize it temporarily and easily, please note the future update. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

4K60FPS should be able to be downloaded via the SD card reader, did you try another card reader or connect the Osmo Pocket via the Type-C cable directly to the computer?
2018-12-27
Use props
fans3b021e5c
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-27 18:31
Hi there, the video coding format of Osmo Pocket is H.264, which is different from Go Pro since they are using H.265. The code rate on 4K60 video is 100Mbps, therefore, the iPhone series’ albums will reject the download itself, this is not the issue we can optimize it temporarily and easily, please note the future update. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

4K60FPS should be able to be downloaded via the SD card reader, did you try another card reader or connect the Osmo Pocket via the Type-C cable directly to the computer?

Thanks for replying. I can download to computer without any issues.
SD card reader directly to the iPhone does not work for 4K 60.
Is it correct that the iPhone will not be able to take 4K 60 from the Osmo Pocket even via a card reader?
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans3b021e5c Posted at 12-27 18:37
Thanks for replying. I can download to computer without any issues.
SD card reader directly to the iPhone does not work for 4K 60.
Is it correct that the iPhone will not be able to take 4K 60 from the Osmo Pocket even via a card reader?

It should be possible, you may need a third-party adapter, but we do not have the related product can be recommended officially. It is recommended to download the 4k60fps to your computer.
2018-12-28
Use props
Adrian Cho
New

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-28 03:27
It should be possible, you may need a third-party adapter, but we do not have the related product can be recommended officially. It is recommended to download the 4k60fps to your computer.

From what I can tell this is an Apple and not a DJI problem. It seems that, as has been pointed out, the stupid Apple Photo album can't seem to handle the 4K 60FPS 100Mbps file. If I try to read the SD card into my iPad I get the same problem. It can import any other format clip from the card but not the 4K 60FPS one. Also if I import it on my computer and then try to AirDrop the clip to my iPad the iPad receives the file but then says "Failed to save item. Save to iCloud Drive instead?" You can then store the file HOWEVER if I do then try to load the file in LumaFusion, LumaFusion shows the clip but says "This clip is not fully compatible with this iOS device and may cause crashes and playback issues." So it seems Apple and LumaFusion are also clearly giving indications that iOS simply can't handle these files. This is not the first time I've seen stupid stuff like this from Apple. Even ProRes which is a codec developed by Apple is not supported on iOS.
2018-12-31
Use props
fans3b021e5c
lvl.1
Australia

Adrian Cho Posted at 2018-12-31 12:19
From what I can tell this is an Apple and not a DJI problem. It seems that, as has been pointed out, the stupid Apple Photo album can't seem to handle the 4K 60FPS 100Mbps file. If I try to read the SD card into my iPad I get the same problem. It can import any other format clip from the card but not the 4K 60FPS one. Also if I import it on my computer and then try to AirDrop the clip to my iPad the iPad receives the file but then says "Failed to save item. Save to iCloud Drive instead?" You can then store the file HOWEVER if I do then try to load the file in LumaFusion, LumaFusion shows the clip but says "This clip is not fully compatible with this iOS device and may cause crashes and playback issues." So it seems Apple and LumaFusion are also clearly giving indications that iOS simply can't handle these files. This is not the first time I've seen stupid stuff like this from Apple. Even ProRes which is a codec developed by Apple is not supported on iOS.

I have a feeling we are going to have to wait until iOS13 for 4K 60 compatibility for third party (higher bit rate) files.
2019-1-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Adrian Cho Posted at 2018-12-31 12:19
From what I can tell this is an Apple and not a DJI problem. It seems that, as has been pointed out, the stupid Apple Photo album can't seem to handle the 4K 60FPS 100Mbps file. If I try to read the SD card into my iPad I get the same problem. It can import any other format clip from the card but not the 4K 60FPS one. Also if I import it on my computer and then try to AirDrop the clip to my iPad the iPad receives the file but then says "Failed to save item. Save to iCloud Drive instead?" You can then store the file HOWEVER if I do then try to load the file in LumaFusion, LumaFusion shows the clip but says "This clip is not fully compatible with this iOS device and may cause crashes and playback issues." So it seems Apple and LumaFusion are also clearly giving indications that iOS simply can't handle these files. This is not the first time I've seen stupid stuff like this from Apple. Even ProRes which is a codec developed by Apple is not supported on iOS.

Hi Adrian Cho, that is correct, iPhones' album will reject this kind of files automatically, we also would like to figure this out, but it is difficult now, sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your understanding.
2019-1-1
Use props
fans71a7d697
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 1-1 23:30
Hi Adrian Cho, that is correct, iPhones' album will reject this kind of files automatically, we also would like to figure this out, but it is difficult now, sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for your understanding.

Mindy:

Will we be seeing an update to the Mimo app to allow export of 4K/60fps to iCloud Drive, Google Drive and/or Dropbox from the device directly so we can at least offload the video from mobile?
2019-2-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans71a7d697 Posted at 2-19 15:01
Mindy:

Will we be seeing an update to the Mimo app to allow export of 4K/60fps to iCloud Drive, Google Drive and/or Dropbox from the device directly so we can at least offload the video from mobile?

Hi there, thanks for your suggestion, we will forward it to our engineers for consideration in the future development.
2019-2-20
Use props
fanse3a7d5f7
lvl.2
Flight distance : 26847976 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

I have been using the sd card adaptor for many years. I have recorded 4k 60fps on my phantom 4 pro. I travel a lot and don’t always have a means of saving my footage since I don’t have a laptop. I have been relying on my iphone 8 plus storage of 256gb to save my video files whilst traveling, including 4k 60fps videos of my p4p.
Before iOS 12, I was able to import 4k 50 or 60fps to my iPhone’s camera roll with no problem, however, I was unable to play the files back on my phone. Since iOS 12, due to the fact that it can’t be played back, now iOS is rejecting the footage. This is extremely annoying. I used to save my 4k 60fps footage to my phone until back at home where I would conmect my iphone to my pc to download. Now on ios 12 it’s not possible any longer. So stupid as my iphone 8 plus can record video from its camera at 4k 60fps. Must be a different codec. Haven’t tried importing h.265 4k 60fps yet.
Does anyone know of an app to downlod any media to for storage instead camera roll
2019-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules