Crashed
1243 11 2018-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
smoker
lvl.4
Canada

Well I crashed today. dropped it out of the sky about 80' going full tilt forward. In an open field heading to the neighbors place. When we picked up out of the snow it had  a string wrapped around the rear RH prop. The gimbal is broke and the front RH arm that folds out holding the motor.  Questions : Has anyone ever had debris take their drone down? Being Xmas eve their was nothing open to talk to cust service. What would be the best course of action for repairs? Box it up and send it in? return to place of purchase for them to do so? Order the parts? ( I am not crazy about attempting any major repairs on my own). What is the best course of action? I am sure I'm not the first and only one to have a major crash here. If anyone has any advice or help it would be appreciated.  

2018-12-24
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dude, open a repair ticket!
2018-12-24
Use props
smoker
lvl.4
Canada

Ok, I am not to sure how to go about it. As I am still learning my way around all of this, I am assuming I would just go to DJI site an start an online repair ticket?  I don't see anything on the search here yet, Although I am still looking into it. Thx
2018-12-24
Use props
smoker
lvl.4
Canada

Well I guess it is just timing,  No support available at this time or in Canada at this time. So If I am on the right track it will be a waiting game now.
2018-12-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi smoker, we are so sorry for the crash accident, online repair form is not available in Canada, please contact our support www.dji.com/support in working hours to start a ticket and send in the drone to DJI official repair center for the repair service, our repair team will help you out.
2018-12-24
Use props
smoker
lvl.4
Canada

Thx. Mindy,  I will do so as soon as I can.
2018-12-25
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

Sorry to know that, you may contact the online support and open a case for DJI to fix it
2018-12-25
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain
Malaysia

BTW Merry Christmas mate! Hope you get it fixed soon
2018-12-25
Use props
TX99517
lvl.4
Flight distance : 274649 ft
  • >>>
United States

Mine crashed yesterday as well. I was able to go online, open a ticket and send it back all yesterday. It was pretty easy and straightforward. Do it from a pc as it’s easier.
2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

smoker Posted at 12-25 03:47
Thx. Mindy,  I will do so as soon as I can.

If you encounter any troubles during the progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we'll be here for help. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2018-12-25
Use props
smoker
lvl.4
Canada

Well I got things on track to get my drone repaired. I have to say that it is quite the runaround to get it repaired in Canada.
Call DJI support go through everything mentioning 3 times I am in Canada, then they tell me " you have to call this number in Canada"
Call the number they give me in Canada walk through their website and get a repair order done, Then they will send me a shipping label in 1-2 days to send in my drone. That being said it is Thursday now I head out to work for an undeterminded amount of time (2-4 weeks) .  Hopefully it shows up tomorrow so I can have it sent off for repair before I am gone.
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

smoker Posted at 12-27 19:28
Well I got things on track to get my drone repaired. I have to say that it is quite the runaround to get it repaired in Canada.
Call DJI support go through everything mentioning 3 times I am in Canada, then they tell me " you have to call this number in Canada"
Call the number they give me in Canada walk through their website and get a repair order done, Then they will send me a shipping label in 1-2 days to send in my drone. That being said it is Thursday now I head out to work for an undeterminded amount of time (2-4 weeks) .  Hopefully it shows up tomorrow so I can have it sent off for repair before I am gone.

Hope it arrives soon. Should there be any questions, please don't hesitate to reach us.
2018-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules