Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
FCC mode
17034 23 2018-12-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jamiecann
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi,
I have just watched a video about using a fake GPS app (floater to be exact) to trick my Spark into thinking it’s out of Europe to get a bit more distance!

Can anyone vouch for this app or a better app?

Is this the best way of tricking the spark into FCC mode?

Thanks and wishing you all a very merry Christmas!!!!!

Jay
2018-12-24
Use props
jamiecann
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ah I’ve just searched and I don’t think that app is available on iPhone!
2018-12-24
Use props
Nidge
Captain

United Kingdom

jamiecann Posted at 12-24 23:38
Ah I’ve just searched and I don’t think that app is available on iPhone!

Hi Jamie

Apple tends to be a little too possessive when it comes to which third party apps can access their precious hardware, such as the chaos caused when DJI started accessing the lightening port without the appropriate licenses a few years back.

The work around is to gain access to an Android device just to run the fake GPS App. Once you have the Spark and controller in FCC mode you can reconnect back to your iOS device. A window will pop-up stating along the lines that the WiFi Region has changed but you just select cancel and you’re good to go.
This Pop-Up will appear every time you connect the Spark so just remember to to select cancel each time.

As for the difference? It is night and day. In CE mode, and in a relatively open envirnment, I would experience breakup and connection issues within 100metres or less. In FCC mode I can go to the maximum legal distance with a solid connection. I’ve yet to experience any disconnects or other abnormal behaviour in FCC mode.

Regards

Nidge.
2018-12-25
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5910961 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

You have a android phone available?
You don't need to fly it with an android!
Just download Go4 mod 2.0 to the droid, connect to RC/bird, bird gets set to fcc
After just hope, you can cancel the "change to region wifi settings".
(All of that is easy-peasy on android!)
2018-12-25
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

You need to have an Android device In order to be able to use the fake gps app and switch from CE to FCC.
You can’t do it on ios.
You can just switch on android but then you can fly on iOS, it’s the way that I do it.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-12-25
Use props
SAADHERO
First Officer
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

you either need Jailbroken iphone
or a andriod phone to do so
borrow one or buy a cheap used one and do it on it
2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The aircraft will locate the country and region according to the condition of the mobile device. The GPS of the aircraft switch to the standards in accordance with local laws and regulations. Therefore, Spark cannot manually switch among FCC, CE, and SRRC. We highly recommend abiding your local policies when in terms of using the drone to avoid conflict and incident as well. Thank you for continued support.
2018-12-25
Use props
Hover_hound
lvl.4
Flight distance : 36745 ft
South Africa

Obviously DJI will not endorse any hack which conflicts with country/regional laws. That's a no brainer. If you live in an EC compliant region or most other countries in the world beside US which is FCC, you will be restricted to low Wi-Fi power and limited range. I wouldn't expect to find how to do the trick on this official DJI forum. However there is lots of info out there, just look and be aware you may be breaking the law if you live outside the US. It's all about being responsible I guess.
2018-12-27
Use props
jamiecann
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks everyone for the advice!

Hope you all had a very nice Christmas!

Jay.
2018-12-27
Use props
Frunobulax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12936 ft
United States

I have just watched a video about using a fake GPS app (floater to be exact) to trick my Spark into thinking it’s out of Europe
so your physical location can be spoofed? Merry Christmas back at you

A window will pop-up stating along the lines that the WiFi Region has changed but you just select cancel and you’re good to go.
  I have an android phone , do I still have to do this? why would you not want accept yes instead of cancel?.....thanks
2018-12-27
Use props
m1n1s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 319915 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 12-25 11:05
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. The aircraft will locate the country and region according to the condition of the mobile device. The GPS of the aircraft switch to the standards in accordance with local laws and regulations. Therefore, Spark cannot manually switch among FCC, CE, and SRRC. We highly recommend abiding your local policies when in terms of using the drone to avoid conflict and incident as well. Thank you for continued support.

FCC mode is the only way to fly the spark , CE is dangerous .......................... together with the battery ejection issue  
The latest firmware update removed the fcc mode for me , 30M up i lost the video - CE mode again , quick setup from my old android device saw me back in FCC mode , no video loss at 500M

2018-12-27
Use props
MavSpa_user
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Here is the latest mod version of 4.1.15 with FCC, the mavic flight modes and with OTG support. This is the best version ever for android.
How to install:
Delete old GO4 version, set phone or tablet in airplane mode.
Install mod version, sign in with your DJI account or stay anonymous and sign in with name A and password B. after installation closed app.
Then set phone or tablet out of airplane mode, start app, go right above to menu and download your offline chart. Thats it.
Now start your RC, start your Spark wait untill green light for connection , then insert OTG cable to RC. Check your settings!!
fly save, fine hollidays.
only 7 days
2018-12-27
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

m1n1s Posted at 12-27 05:02
FCC mode is the only way to fly the spark , CE is dangerous .......................... together with the battery ejection issue  
The latest firmware update removed the fcc mode for me , 30M up i lost the video - CE mode again , quick setup from my old android device saw me back in FCC mode , no video loss at 500M

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. As I've mentioned on post #8, our aircraft will automatically adjust depending on your location. We would recommend flying our aircraft in open areas wherein there are no interferences to avoid the incident. Thank you for understanding.
2018-12-27
Use props
Lex_Luchor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98179 ft
Spain

Nidge Posted at 2018-12-25 04:05
Hi Jamie

Apple tends to be a little too possessive when it comes to which third party apps can access their precious hardware, such as the chaos caused when DJI started accessing the lightening port without the appropriate licenses a few years back.

I do all the steps you indicate and I get to put the FCC mode. But when switching off and on again the whole drone loses the FCC mode. The pop-up does not appear again. Change to CE mode without me doing anything.

I have all the updated firmware and the latest version of the DJI Go app.

What I can do?
2019-1-2
Use props
david HK
lvl.1
United States

Lex_Luchor Posted at 1-2 23:29
I do all the steps you indicate and I get to put the FCC mode. But when switching off and on again the whole drone loses the FCC mode. The pop-up does not appear again. Change to CE mode without me doing anything.

so looks like the latest DJI Go app will auto switch back to CE mode based on the AC gps location? can anyone confirm this?
i'm investigating whether to go the fake gps path...  
2019-1-28
Use props
Alex B.
Captain
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

david HK Posted at 1-28 02:03
so looks like the latest DJI Go app will auto switch back to CE mode based on the AC gps location? can anyone confirm this?
i'm investigating whether to go the fake gps path...

For me, it didn’t happen. I was still getting the prompt to change settings and I could cancel.

Fly safely
Alex
2019-1-28
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

Every time i switch on my AC i get a message about updated flight area and enforces me to acknowledge, disconnects and has to be connected again by switching off and on. Anyhow besides that little disunconford, i have a huge range. So i havent figured out what caused it, but since im so happy with the range, im not gonna make a case out of it.
2019-1-28
Use props
Gérald Proulx
New

Canada

Hello,
For information, is DJI Phantom 3 Standard compliant for flying over people in a controlled airport area in Canada?
Thanks in advance
Gérald
ve0mow@hotmail.com

2019-2-4
Use props
Gérald Proulx
New

Canada

RE: FCC mode

Gérald Proulx Posted at 2-4 11:34
Hello,
For information, is DJI Phantom 3 Standard compliant for flying over people in a controlled airport area in Canada?
Thanks in advance

Sorry I'm not in the good forum
2019-2-4
Use props
fans312bc80f
lvl.1
Belgium

I do all the steps you indicate and I get to put the FCC mode. But when switching off and on again the whole drone loses the FCC mode. The pop-up does not appear again. Change to CE mode without me doing anything.

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. Do you found already a solution for it? I'm searching for a solution the whole day ;)
2019-2-27
Use props
wimherman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 208556 ft
Norway

jamiecann Posted at 2018-12-24 23:38
Ah I’ve just searched and I don’t think that app is available on iPhone!

Åhh Apple..
2019-2-27
Use props
nilanjan118
First Officer
Flight distance : 636663 ft
Japan

When you set the fake location using floater app (or any fake location app) for the first time, make sure the RC and phone is connected via WiFi and not OTG. Once the RC mode changes from CE to FCC, you can switch off everything and then use OTG. And you should always get a prompt to cancel the switching from FCC back to CE.
2019-2-28
Use props
fans279a98ca
lvl.3
Flight distance : 750787 ft
United Kingdom

Can I ask whether you need the Android phone then all the time or is it a one off and you an use your regular IPhone the rest of the time?
2019-12-25
Use props
djiuser_mBWVq41n1xmD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10633 ft
Turkey

How to Change Mavic Mini CE to FCC version (5.8 Ghz) on Iphone without jailbreak and Mac
Please say thanks and follow instagram: @trdronetr

FCC MODE FOR IOS WITHOUT JAILBREAK
2020-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules