Regret?
5493 7 2018-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

Has anyone bought the Pro2 or Zoom and is now wishing they had chosen the other model for whatever reason?

Pro2 owner here and contemplating change to Zoom for the (imho) better resolved detail, less soft/yellow/warm and more colour acurate footage of the Zoom.

Perhaps you have the Zoom and wished for better low light capability and 20mp still camera?

I'd be intrrested in your views before I make the change and feel free to disagree.

Thanks

Ps.I did raise the issue (for me) of the seemingly wayward colour profile and lack of contrast/detail/soft footage (called 'cinematic' by some) of the Pro2 with DJI.
2018-12-25
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

I have no regrets at all buying the Mavic 2 Zoom.
2018-12-25
Use props
raven swe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 517936 ft
Sweden

no regrets with my zoom or air
2018-12-25
Use props
jwt-873
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6754350 ft
Canada

Somehow my first post got truncated.

I don't regret buying my Mavic 2 Zoom at all.  I originally wanted the Pro for the larger sensor, but settled on the Zoom because I'm somewhat frugal (It cost less )

Prior to picking up the Zoom, I had flown fixed lens drones for 3 full years.  (A 3DR hexacopter for one year and an original Phantom 4 for two more).  The variable focal length lens on the zoom has opened up a whole new dimension in flying.  My frugality turned out to be a blessing.

With me, first and foremost I'm a flyer.  I fly a lot without ever using the camera.  When I do have the camera running, I'll usually review the video and then delete it unless it's something particularly interesting.  I really have no desire to accumulate terabytes of carefully graded 10 bit color video in 4K.

The 4X (2X optical plus 2X lossless digital) zoom that's available in 1080/30 is such a treat.    When I see something interesting while flying, I can just twist a thumb wheel instead of flying a long way out of my original path to view it.  At 400 feet, you can see objects on the ground like you're flying at under 100 feet.  At an effective 96mm focal length, it's almost like having a 100mm lens in the air.  For me, flying around with this ability is just plain fun.

Just recently I've wound up wishing I had the M2 Enterprise.  The Zoom model does 6X zoom.  (2X optical plus 3X digital). It's like having a 144mm lens in the air.  I've seen some video examples of the zoom.  Very impressive.
2018-12-25
Use props
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

jwt-873 Posted at 12-25 08:37
Somehow my first post got truncated.

I don't regret buying my Mavic 2 Zoom at all.  I originally wanted the Pro for the larger sensor, but settled on the Zoom because I'm somewhat frugal (It cost less  )

Interesting, thank you.

2018-12-25
Use props
djiuser_jBXOnzT6p8Z1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I think the solution may be DJI releasing the respective cameras seperately for purchase.

It's a 5 minute job to change them over.

DJI could easily give that option and offer a service to do it for the owner at extra cost through their authorised retailers if the drone is still within warranty  (or the owner nullifies the warranty if changing cameras themselves within a warranty period).

I think it would make a leading product even more unique and desirable at the price point.

2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, thanks for heading up. I understand your situation and very sorry for the inconvenience. We've collected the request and pushed the team again. If there is anything new, we'll release on our website. Appreciate your support and patience.
2018-12-26
Use props
yourdroner
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3346 ft
United States

I bought the zoom; should have bought the pro2. Zoom does not have waypoints. They need to add waypoints to the next firmware....
2019-1-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules