Strange animated white stripes
628 7 2018-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
walttheartist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 46696 ft
Canada

I have a Mavic 2 Pro with the Goggles RE. All firmware is up to date.

I’m experiencing some unusual visual effects with the goggles. I set the modes to “Head tracking gimbal” and “Full screen mode”. The problem is with the right and left sides of the viewing area, which are initially Black.

After making some menu choices, I can see animated white stripes moving diagonally on the right and left of the viewing area. If I turn the goggles off then on again, the stripes dissappear and these areas return to being Black.

Has anyone else had these stripes appearing? Am I doing something wrong?

2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry about this situation. I would like to ask what specific settings did you change prior to encountering the white stripes? Would it be possible if you could provide us for at least a screenshot of this scenario for us to check? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you for the support.
2018-12-25
Use props
walttheartist
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Tony Posted at 12-25 09:56
Hi, we're sorry about this situation. I would like to ask what specific settings did you change prior to encountering the white stripes? Would it be possible if you could provide us for at least a screenshot of this scenario for us to check? Please keep us posted for further help. Thank you for the support.

As I said, I first selected “Head tracking gimbal” then “Full screen mode”. As I turned my head one way then another, to move the gimballed camera, the stripes first appeared on the right side. I can't take a screen shot because the problem appears inside the goggles. The images on the left and right screens are fine. The stripes appear to the right and left of the screens. I don't know how else to describe it.
2018-12-25
Use props
walttheartist
lvl.4
Canada

Hi….

As it turns out the static in the goggles is more like dots and not stripes.

It occurred to me that maybe the camera settings might cause the problem, so I changed some settings to see if it would affect what I saw in the goggles. I found that the “Camera” format of 3.2 produced the animated white static on the left and right side of the image, in the goggles. Moving my head around seem to intensify the static. When I changed the format of the camera to 16.9, the dots disappeared. I didn’t have the same problem in “Video” mode. Hope this helps.
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

walttheartist Posted at 12-26 07:19
Hi….

As it turns out the static in the goggles is more like dots and not stripes.

Hi, thanks for your update. Would it be possible if you could provide the firmware of your version of your Mavic 2 Pro and also the DJI Goggles RE? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-12-26
Use props
walttheartist
lvl.4
Canada

Hi, Here are the versions of my system...

The Mavic 2 Pro is - v1.00.0200
Goggles - v1.00.0700
System - v2.6.6.0
App - 4.3.4
2018-12-26
Use props
walttheartist
lvl.4
Canada

I can now create this problem on demand. Let’s see if I can explain this properly.

Set the image ratio to 3:2 for the camera.
Set “HD” to “Smooth Mode” (720p30) in the goggles.
Select  “Head tracking Gimbal” in the goggles.
Select “Full screen mode” in the goggles.

The image in the goggles should now display a cropped 3:2 image, with black areas on the left and the right.
There should be a target marker in the viewer that looks like a white “Right and Left and Up and Down” arrows with a white dot in the middle. This marker shows where the Gimballed camera is pointing.

This marker is what’s causing the animated static in the right and left side of the goggles… in the black cropped areas.

When you turn your head to the left or right until this small white target enters the cropped (black) area, It leaves a residue of the white target that persists and flickers in the black area. It happens on the left and right sides.

When the image ratio is set to 16:9, or the “HD” setting in the goggles is set to “HD mode” (1080p30), the black cropped area is filled with the larger image and the white target doesn’t affect the outer edges of the image.

Whew! Hope this explains it a bit. Let me know if you need clarification on any point.

2018-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules