Osmo Pocket package designed by a 'leftie'?
979 3 2018-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wurf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 392359 ft
Netherlands

Just found out how to attach the lanyard and was surprised by some design-flaws IMHO.

First, I'm not afraid to drop the casing, it is more the device itself which needs something like a lanyard to prevent it from dropping, right?

Anyway, since I am right handed, I think it is practical to have the unused osmo + casing on my left hand, just to take it out with my right hand when I want to use the osmo.

Holding the casing in your left hand, opening the ruber strap with your right hand is not how you expect it to be. I'd think you 'd use your right thumb to open the casing, but wait....it opens at the back side....so you'll have to try and open it with your fingers. Ok, it can be done...
However, when you pull out the osmo with your right hand, you have it backwards....

When you switch hands though, carrying it in your right hand, picking it out and using it with your left hand everything works like how it was designed.
Anyone experiencing the same?

Marcel

2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we highly appreciated your feedback in our new Osmo Pocket. We will forward your feedback to the right department for consideration. Thank you for the interest.
2018-12-25
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 12-25 12:52
Hi, we highly appreciated your feedback in our new Osmo Pocket. We will forward your feedback to the right department for consideration. Thank you for the interest.

Actually, I think the OP wants you to submit it to your "Left department" ...   ;-)

2018-12-25
Use props
januszrychter
lvl.4
Canada

You have a valid point but... if you right handed and pull OP using your left hand you can utilize you right one to swap the display which would more precise than using your left one. In addition if you decide to attache your smart phone you better use you right hand to hold your OP. Honestly, either way will work for me, I think they compromised and tried to make both left and right handed people happy
2018-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules