Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
NFZ Airports/Aerodromes
1183 12 2018-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HendrikJB
Captain
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

Which types of "small" airports/aerodromes are included in the NFZ geo-fencing maps within the DJI GO 4 App?

The reason why I`m asking is because I know of at least 2 airstrips/airports/aerodromes (using these terms as equivalent for different english meanings for the same physical entity) that are not on the NFZ Map for my DJI GO 4 App but are within 80km from my locality.
2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your inquiry. You could visit our website then input the preferred location for you to determine the level of the specific locations. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

2018-12-25
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
Flight distance : 814751 ft
United Kingdom

Because you are 80km away from them, I wonder why you need be concerned.
2018-12-26
Use props
JAgraphics
Second Officer
United Kingdom

the answer is: it depends
It depends on the rules in your country
It depends on who dies the mapping and supplies the info to DJI

In the USA the NFZ appears to be miles but in the UK 1KM.
Also it may not show on your maps until you are close to the NFZ and zoom in.  
I find that some small things don't show up until I zoom in. IE power pylons. etc
2018-12-26
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

AlansDronePics Posted at 12-26 01:15
Because you are 80km away from them, I wonder why you need be concerned.

Thank you for your comment. yes, I agree that it may seem very unnecessary for me to be concerned, however what worries me is that someone who is not as diligent as myself would look it up, see that it is a "free flight Zone" whilst 200m to say 500m away there is an active aerodrome.

I go to great lengths to insure that there are not even "local" or "private" aerodromes within the sphere of where I want to fly, though others might just not care as it does not show up on the DJI GO 4 Map.  

We as drone pilots already have enough trouble, irresponsible pilots and active drone haters to inadvertently cause our community more "grief".
2018-12-28
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

JAgraphics Posted at 12-26 01:56
the answer is: it depends
It depends on the rules in your country
It depends on who dies the mapping and supplies the info to DJI

Thank you for your response.

I have actually zoomed in to 50m resolution and the aerodrome known to me does not show up as a NFZ in the DJI GO 4 Map.
2018-12-28
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

DJI Tony Posted at 12-25 15:23
Hi, thanks for your inquiry. You could visit our website then input the preferred location for you to determine the level of the specific locations. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for continued support.

https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map

Tony,

I have done exactly that (before I posted my enquiry) and it does not show on the Flysafe Geo-Map.
2018-12-28
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

The above responses either don`t understand that I`m a concerned DJI Drone Pilot or think that I don`t know how to read a map.  Well for all of those, I`m an Exploration Geologist who has more than 45 YEARS OF DAILY EXPERIENCE with maps in Africa, America, Canada, Europe, Turkey..... etc. I`ve used hand made maps, I`ve used ArcMaps, ArcGIS, OpenSource GIS, GRASS GIS, Manifold GIS.... how many more do you want to know about my proficiency with maps before you will understand my concern that the DJI GO 4 App`s NFZs are inadequate?
2018-12-28
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
United Kingdom

Of course, everyone knows that a plane in trouble will be forced to land where ever it can, including the unused airfield no one ever uses!!!
What are you droners going to do in the unlikely, but possible situation where one needs to land just where you are buzzing around?
2019-1-2
Use props
Flycaster
Captain
United States

AlansDronePics Posted at 1-2 10:52
Of course, everyone knows that a plane in trouble will be forced to land where ever it can, including the unused airfield no one ever uses!!!
What are you droners going to do in the unlikely, but possible situation where one needs to land just where you are buzzing around?

If I have become aware of it, I would land/get the heck out of the way as soon as possible...
2019-1-2
Use props
AlansDronePics
Captain
United Kingdom

Flycaster Posted at 1-2 11:54
If I have become aware of it, I would land/get the heck out of the way as soon as possible...

Good luck with that...
2019-1-2
Use props
TC KABREW
lvl.4

Austria

80k your fine at
2019-1-2
Use props
HendrikJB
Captain
South Africa

AlansDronePics Posted at 1-2 10:52
Of course, everyone knows that a plane in trouble will be forced to land where ever it can, including the unused airfield no one ever uses!!!
What are you droners going to do in the unlikely, but possible situation where one needs to land just where you are buzzing around?

What I like about your 2nd sentence is to always be aware of your surroundings. But then qualified pilots are usually more aware and have done na recon of their flying environment.
2019-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules