iPhone 6 Battery discharging
1061 17 2018-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hannes1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29806 ft
Australia

Hi iPhone owners ,I have to charge my phone every two days ,bit annoying ,it doesent mater whether it is on or switched off , it looses about 20% of its charge each day.  Is this normal for the iPhone? cheers

2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. Unfortunately, we can't provide further details in regards to your query since it wasn't related to our Product. We're hoping that our valued customers could provide information who are using iOS devices. Thank you for continued support and have a safe flight.
2018-12-25
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Tony Posted at 12-25 16:07
Hi, we're sorry to know about the situation. Unfortunately, we can't provide further details in regards to your query since it wasn't related to our Product. We're hoping that our valued customers could provide information who are using iOS devices. Thank you for continued support and have a safe flight.

Yes I know,  but we have pilots here with i phones and I value their comments ,cheers
2018-12-25
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

iphone 6 so i guess ur battery is old now
u either should change it from apple or use low power mode always
there is not much to do on a old battery sadly
2018-12-25
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3
Australia

SAADHERO Posted at 12-25 23:38
iphone 6 so i guess ur battery is old now
u either should change it from apple or use low power mode always
there is not much to do on a old battery sadly

Sorry , I should have also said that the battery is about 7 month old ,the one before that one was discharging also very quick. Something is using power whether it is on or off ,it is bad that when i want go flying and the battery is only 50% , I just like to know if it is normal for the phone ,cheers
2018-12-26
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Kuwait

Hannes1 Posted at 12-26 00:01
Sorry , I should have also said that the battery is about 7 month old ,the one before that one was discharging also very quick. Something is using power whether it is on or off ,it is bad that when i want go flying and the battery is only 50% , I just like to know if it is normal for the phone ,cheers

not normal for new battery
even if phone is old the batt is newer like u said so......
well update to latest ios and
disable things in settings to save power do some research

or got to the apple store maybe a defect battery if it went that bad so fast
2018-12-28
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3
Australia

SAADHERO Posted at 2018-12-28 11:54
not normal for new battery
even if phone is old the batt is newer like u said so......
well update to latest ios and

Thanks mate ,cheers
2019-1-3
Use props
Spark_Raider
lvl.1

United States

I just switched over to iPhone (I've had a Galaxy for about 6 years now). I will say this, whenever Apple pushes out those updates, I find it very peculiar that the older phones seem to have rapid battery drain and become very buggy. I have the original iPhone, I think it will be a collectible some day. I purchased the (X) 10 because it was a anniversary addition. I will probably go back to Samsung when their 10's come out.
2019-1-3
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3
Australia

Spark_Raider Posted at 1-3 18:02
I just switched over to iPhone (I've had a Galaxy for about 6 years now). I will say this, whenever Apple pushes out those updates, I find it very peculiar that the older phones seem to have rapid battery drain and become very buggy. I have the original iPhone, I think it will be a collectible some day. I purchased the (X) 10 because it was a anniversary addition. I will probably go back to Samsung when their 10's come out.

Well i have the old Galaxy s2 ,still use it ,when switched off ,the battery hardly goes down , not so with the iPhone 6 ,it looses about 1% in one hr switched off ,I wonder if this is normal, cheers
2019-1-3
Use props
Gunship9
lvl.4
United States

I have an iPhone 6.  Works fine with its original battery.  Seems to last a couple of days.  More than your claims of charging every other day.  I don't have a lot open at once so it works fine for occasional texting or video editing.  Apple is likely throttling it but I haven't noticed.  The DJI app really sucks the battery down and can heat up the phone but it hasn't given me any problems.  It is the second cell phone I have owned.  
2019-1-3
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3
Australia

Gunship9 Posted at 1-3 20:37
I have an iPhone 6.  Works fine with its original battery.  Seems to last a couple of days.  More than your claims of charging every other day.  I don't have a lot open at once so it works fine for occasional texting or video editing.  Apple is likely throttling it but I haven't noticed.  The DJI app really sucks the battery down and can heat up the phone but it hasn't given me any problems.  It is the second cell phone I have owned.

Gunship9, is it holding the charge when it is switched off ? I only use the iPhone for flying the Spark ,cheers
2019-1-3
Use props
ped078
lvl.4
Flight distance : 565794 ft
United Kingdom

Do a search on google / youtube for "iphone 6 tristar" , my daytime job is a mobile phone technician.
2019-1-3
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Kuwait

Doing the updates for IOS via OTA in settings is not good

iif u could do it via itunes on pc as it replaces the ios rather then swap codes around

so  could backup fully then restore but this may be bad
or do what i did

i just got a XS and was running weird battery lag so i did a DFU Reset plus Restore and it works like normal
2019-1-4
Use props
darkfull1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13114 ft
Switzerland

You probably should ask Apple why they are draining your battery.
2019-1-4
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3
Australia

Thanks every body for trying giving me a solution how to fix it , I have to put up with it ,thanks
2019-1-4
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

If you are getting two days out of an iPhone 6 you have a great battery!   I am lucky if mine can make it through the day.     I have learned to turn on Low Power Mode often to help it .
2019-1-4
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3
Australia

LouisP Posted at 1-4 12:49
If you are getting two days out of an iPhone 6 you have a great battery!   I am lucky if mine can make it through the day.     I have learned to turn on Low Power Mode often to help it .

What about when it is switched off  , it is a pain when you take the Spark out and you only got 60% battery left ,cheers
2019-1-4
Use props
Hannes1
lvl.3
Australia

ped078 Posted at 1-3 22:27
Do a search on google / youtube for "iphone 6 tristar" , my daytime job is a mobile phone technician.

Very interesting site , I think I know what the problem could be ,cheers
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules