3457 12 2018-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray Jay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2647756 ft
  • >>>
United States

Every time I try to upload/download a video to my iphone 7+, I get the following message Downloading the file is not supported on current model.”  What model?  What am I doing wrong?

Ray Jay
2018-12-25
Use props
fans6c2f4ac2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 207579 ft
Thailand

If you are shooting 4k 60p then the video cant be downloaded to your smartphone - you have to get the file directly off the SD card.
2018-12-25
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Ray Jay, sorry for the troubles you had when downloading / uploading a video to your phone. DJI Mimo can download 4K 60fps video to an iPhone’s photo albums. However, as iPhone series’ albums do not support 4K 60fps videos, the album will check the video’s resolution and frame rate when users are saving a video to the album, and the iPhone will reject the video. As a result, the Osmo Pocket cancels the option of saving 4K 60fps videos to an iPhone. At present, the iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS MAX support 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps video downloading. The next app version will add support for the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus to download 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps video. Hope this helps. Kindly reach us again if you have concerns. We're here to help. Thank you.
2018-12-26
Use props
Ray Jay
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

fans6c2f4ac2 Posted at 12-25 19:39
If you are shooting 4k 60p then the video cant be downloaded to your smartphone - you have to get the file directly off the SD card.

The video that won’t download to my iPhone 7 Plus is 4K 30fps.  So....

I think this may be a common problem, based on a limited research on the interwebs.  Many are seeing the message I posted in #1  and offereing some interesting solutions, include a USB-C to lightning cable.

Ray Jay
2018-12-26
Use props
Ray Jay
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-26 09:57
Hi Ray Jay, sorry for the troubles you had when downloading / uploading a video to your phone. DJI Mimo can download 4K 60fps video to an iPhone’s photo albums. However, as iPhone series’ albums do not support 4K 60fps videos, the album will check the video’s resolution and frame rate when users are saving a video to the album, and the iPhone will reject the video. As a result, the Osmo Pocket cancels the option of saving 4K 60fps videos to an iPhone. At present, the iPhone X, iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS MAX support 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps video downloading. The next app version will add support for the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus to download 4K 24fps/25fps/30fps video. Hope this helps. Kindly reach us again if you have concerns. We're here to help. Thank you.

Thanks.  That sounds right. - iPhone issues.  I will try some of the work arounds mentioned in my prior post.

Ray Jay
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Ray Jay Posted at 12-26 11:14
Thanks.  That sounds right. - iPhone issues.  I will try some of the work arounds mentioned in my prior post.

Ray Jay

Hi Ray Jay, thank you for understanding.
2018-12-26
Use props
Chuan Woi Ng
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-26 09:57

Iphone 7+ not support download 4k in future upgrade also???
2018-12-26
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Chuan Woi Ng Posted at 12-26 19:03
Iphone 7+ not support download 4k in future upgrade also???

Hi Chuan, we will keep you posted and once we have an update, this will be cascaded on our website. Thank you for understanding and support.
2018-12-27
Use props
Chuan Woi Ng
lvl.1
Singapore

DJI Gamora Posted at 12-27 08:00
Hi Chuan, we will keep you posted and once we have an update, this will be cascaded on our website. Thank you for understanding and support.

Thanks Gamora
2018-12-27
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

I sometimes get the same error downloading 1080p to my iPhone 6.   I think it is because there is not enough space on my phone to store the video.  Never have that problem trying to download to my iPad mini that has a ton more storage space.
2018-12-27
Use props
WebParrot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

LouisP Posted at 12-27 18:42
I sometimes get the same error downloading 1080p to my iPhone 6.   I think it is because there is not enough space on my phone to store the video.  Never have that problem trying to download to my iPad mini that has a ton more storage space.

FWIW, I purchased a 2TB portable rechargeable external hard drive with an SD card reader to make file transfers easier.  [ Western Digital model "My Passport" ]  4k 60fps can eat up phone storage with even a short video!  Combined with two 128 GB cards I can shoot and record really large files an not worry about running out of space.
2018-12-27
Use props
fans39a223d8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 541096 ft
Taiwan

I'm an iPad Pro 12.9 user. The iPad Pro 12.9 offers great computing power and large screen. I hope you can change the mimo app to allow downloading 4K 30P/24P video to my iPad.
2018-12-28
Use props
fansdaf61713
New
United Kingdom

Any update on this issue???
This is absolutely unacceptable!
2019-1-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules